7 replies to this topic

#1 Nukie

Nukie

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

2015-01-23 16.32.00.jpg
What if Nintendo created a phone app for NFC enabled phones.
Then from within the app you could purchase and download virtual Amiibo, that would function exactly the same as real Amiibo.
You could take your 'V Amiibo' collection to a friends house in your pocket.

#2 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

Cool idea. Possible, too. I wouldn't be opposed to this happening, as long as physical amiibos stay around.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

Nope. Take the physical sales down. Also who wants to pay $13 for an app. The point of Amiibo is to have something physical and replicate the Smash Bros idea in the first place. This app might be cool if it comes with the physical figure in the form of some code by acitvating it and Nintendo removes the foil. Leave it in the box put on the shelf and use the App instead of grabbing the figure every time.  Nintendo would have to figure a way it only works as long as you own the figure tho so you don't be a reseller.  Maybe change the code every month and lets you you don't use an amiibo a few months simply scan it and get a new code.

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:05 AM

I would be more for an app or website in the (nintendo web framework) that I could view my amiibo collection, view stats from Smash etc. More of a amiibo manager. I don't like how the amiibo settings are sort of buried in the wii u settings menu. They should make it a separate app and also allow viewing of the info as i just described.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:59 AM

Why not just make some free mobile phone game that works on phones with nfc capabilities, like a clone of pokemon rumble for Android and IOS: "Super Smash Bros Rumble"

#6 Nukie

Nukie

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:59 PM

http://wiiudaily.com...ear-says-iwata/
Surely if Nintendo can produce an Amiibo card, a similar style app isn't too much of a departure.

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

It might not be too hard to do in a way that satisfies Nintendo.

Imagine this:

In order to add an Amiibo to the app you need an Amiibo (obviously)

The Amiibo must first be linked to the account, which then saves the account information to the amiibo (and "locks" it)

Now the app can be used for all Amiibo data.

The Amiibo is useless until you delete the account or unlink the amiibo.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

This is what I am hoping Nintendo might do with an amiibo app,

http://www.amiibodex.com/

android-slide-3.png

If you visit the site, don't bother clicking on google play, there is no app (at least not yet)

In other news, Nintendo did announce during the latest investor q&a about a Mii smart phone app that users will be able to use their Mii's as representation on social sites etc. More info is coming later they said.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amiibo, Android, nfc, iPhone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!