Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:28 PM

The thing is, even if you play in the same scale with both the bass and chords. They still might not harmonise well. This example did sound better but I kinda feel like the bass needs to chill down a little if that makes sense. A more chilled rythm cause remember the bass is essentially a rythmic and a melodic instrument.

I think I get it. I'll see what I can do.

So I changed it around a little more. I might change the rythm a little, but I feel like this is more in key.

#102 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:47 AM

I think I get it. I'll see what I can do.

So I changed it around a little more. I might change the rythm a little, but I feel like this is more in key.

It's in key pretty much now (I listened through laptop speakers so might be wrong....)

28gxdv8.png

#103 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

Hinkik did you hear my song? :P You keep pestering me to finish stuff and then you don't even give me any feedback... :P

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#104 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

Hinkik did you hear my song? :P You keep pestering me to finish stuff and then you don't even give me any feedback... :P

Ah sry mate didnt notice it and I didn't believe it when I saw it now either lmao.

Well the song is great actually. You definitely have talent for making melodies. Only complaint is that the pre drop synth is fatter than the drop synth. That kinda confused me.

28gxdv8.png

#105 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

Ah sry mate didnt notice it and I didn't believe it when I saw it now either lmao.

Well the song is great actually. You definitely have talent for making melodies. Only complaint is that the pre drop synth is fatter than the drop synth. That kinda confused me.

lol

Yeah I should've done something about that... :P I just wish I could fix stuff after it's finished. ;_; My CPU was crying by the end of it all. Every time I moved to a different part in the song, I'd have to wait a few seconds for it to unfreeze. Let me tell you, knowing that it could crash and lose everything was not good for my heart...

#106 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:39 PM

lol

Yeah I should've done something about that... :P I just wish I could fix stuff after it's finished. ;_; My CPU was crying by the end of it all. Every time I moved to a different part in the song, I'd have to wait a few seconds for it to unfreeze. Let me tell you, knowing that it could crash and lose everything was not good for my heart...

Why is your CPU load so high? When you streamed you were at 30% all the time. Considering you only seem to use 3xOsc and were streaming at the same time you shouldnt get a few sec freeze between skips. Have you checked your framebuffer? And you can freeze tracks you know. And lastly, there is an option to smartly turn off plugins to save CPU load. Dont remember the name though.

28gxdv8.png

#107 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

Why is your CPU load so high? When you streamed you were at 30% all the time. Considering you only seem to use 3xOsc and were streaming at the same time you shouldnt get a few sec freeze between skips. Have you checked your framebuffer? And you can freeze tracks you know. And lastly, there is an option to smartly turn off plugins to save CPU load. Dont remember the name though.

Yeah I'm sure there's some optimization stuff I could do. And yeah, I'm really not sure why... I had a lot more stuff going on in the final version, more instruments, more effects, etc... Yeah I was just using the high frame buffer primary sound drivers during the stream, cuz that's all I can do, but I switched to ASIO at minimum buffer once I was done cuz I like being able to use my MIDI keyboard and plugins update quicker. I had to crank it back up to max buffer by the end of it though.

#108 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

So here is a new teaser that I threw together in like 30ish minutes. I'm playing around with a sliding bass thingy if you can't tell.

Also I have edited my previous track a little more. Hopefully it's better this time. It's hard to know now because my headphones are starting to break.

Edited by Chaos, 18 March 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#109 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

So here is a new teaser that I threw together in like 30ish minutes. I'm playing around with a sliding bass thingy if you can't tell.

Also I have edited my previous track a little more. Hopefully it's better this time. It's hard to know now because my headphones are starting to break.

Imporant to have a good monitoring otherwise you're painting blind.

I can recommend you these:

Audio Technica m50

These cans are closed back though, might wanna look at open back for a flatter response but they will leak, a lot.

And if you want some kind of studio monitors:

Yamaha HS5 or HS7

Edited by Hinkik, 19 March 2015 - 06:50 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#110 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

Audio Technica m50

These cans are closed back though, might wanna look at open back for a flatter response but they will leak, a lot.

Yamaha HS5 or HS7

I ain't got no mon(ey)itors. :P My speakers are preeeetty good though.

I can't believe I haven't asked this here yet... What do you guys think of my current alias (VAX)? It's kinda lame, isn't it? I've been constantly changing my name, but I just can't settle on something good... I've been thinking of some though.

How about "Sequence Break"?

Edited by MatrixChicken, 19 March 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#111 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

I ain't got no mon(ey)itors. :P My speakers are preeeetty good though.

I can't believe I haven't asked this here yet... What do you guys think of my current alias (VAX)? It's kinda lame, isn't it? I've been constantly changing my name, but I just can't settle on something good... I've been thinking of some though.

How about "Sequence Break"?

Honestly, VAX is ok but Sequence Break sounds like you try too hard on taking a name that sounds cool but you just took it from random things you saw around you or the first cool thing that came to your mind.

In any case, trying a new genre again...

Melbourne Bounce:

Pls comment my mix if you notice any problems.

28gxdv8.png

#112 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:32 PM

Audio Technica m50

Yamaha HS5 or HS7

I was actually thinking of buying the headphones that you recommended lol. I'm just trying to save up some money. I have to get a new laptop, as well as a few new plugins for FLS, and I'm going on vacation with my girlfriend soon. Plus there's a few video games that I need to get too. Also I need like 500 dollars for an anime convention that I attend every September. And then gas and food money of course. So I'm a little tight on money for a long time ;-;

Actually a long time ago I wanted to change my name to Ghost Town (and it's still a thought) but who knows. I don't know which name I like better right now, Double Tap or Ghost Town lol

#113 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:43 PM

Honestly, VAX is ok but Sequence Break sounds like you try too hard on taking a name that sounds cool but you just took it from random things you saw around you or the first cool thing that came to your mind.

Yeh, I guess lol

I just can't really get into VAX. Plus, there's another dude with the name Vax.

How about "Sixaxis"? :P

Anything I come up with is gonna sound contrived lol

#114 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

Alright, take 3. I did a tiny bit of side chaining to the pads in the middle when the kick comes in. I didn't want the sidechaining to be too overpowering. I also fixed the bass some more, so it should be in key everywhere this time (I really hope). I also noticed when I was going through and editing that I actually left the compression on the master channel switched off. So I have that switched back on for now. Oh, and I changed the plucky string sound lead thingy.

#115 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

If I may ask you guys... How did you come up with your names? I'm just really unhappy with VAX. It just feels lifeless or something.

#116 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:34 AM

If I may ask you guys... How did you come up with your names? I'm just really unhappy with VAX. It just feels lifeless or something.

I played soccer. I scored a goal. Got called Henkick cause my name is Henrik. Wanted to fit Henkick into my Pokemon game. Only 6 characters limit. ???. Hinkik.

So basically, don't just take something you come up with cause it sounds cool. It will be cringe worthy if you it's obvious that it has been made that way.

28gxdv8.png

#117 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:23 AM

Well Chaos was what I named my Runescape character a looooooong time ago, and then I started naming everything Chaoskeleton, and then I started trying to get the name Chaos everywhere else because I really like gamertags and things like that that don't have numbers because it means that they have the original name.

And it's also a personality thing, because I like being mischievous :P

As for Double Tap, it's because I like zombie games and it's a nod to the movie Zombieland.

#118 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:40 AM

I played soccer. I scored a goal. Got called Henkick cause my name is Henrik. Wanted to fit Henkick into my Pokemon game. Only 6 characters limit. ???. Hinkik.

So basically, don't just take something you come up with cause it sounds cool. It will be cringe worthy if you it's obvious that it has been made that way.

Well Chaos was what I named my Runescape character a looooooong time ago, and then I started naming everything Chaoskeleton, and then I started trying to get the name Chaos everywhere else because I really like gamertags and things like that that don't have numbers because it means that they have the original name.

And it's also a personality thing, because I like being mischievous :P

As for Double Tap, it's because I like zombie games and it's a nod to the movie Zombieland.

I see, I see! Cool! :D Thanks for telling.

Although, Sequence Break is a reference to speedrunning which I've been very into lately. :P I guess if I change my name, it should just be something that comes to me.

#119 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

Ok I gotten to that point where I don't know if my track is bad or good anymore...

I would want some more harsh/honest feedback on it now:

Well it won't work if you absolutely hate Melbourne Bounce but you get the idea.

28gxdv8.png

#120 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:43 PM

Ok I gotten to that point where I don't know if my track is bad or good anymore...

I would want some more harsh/honest feedback on it now:

Well it won't work if you absolutely hate Melbourne Bounce but you get the idea.

For me, I think that there could be more variation in the drum beat. I mean I know there was drum fillers everywhere which I thought those were fine, but I mean more variation in how the kick plays. Instead of playing once every beat (or count or whatever you want to call it), you could delay the kick by half of a beat or add in another kick on top to the high hat at the end of a pattern or something. I don't know if what I'm trying to say makes sense at all. It's kind of hard to explain in words.

Other than that, I think it's fantastic. And I hardly ever listen to Melbourne Bounce XD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MUSIC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!