#121 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

For me, I think that there could be more variation in the drum beat. I mean I know there was drum fillers everywhere which I thought those were fine, but I mean more variation in how the kick plays. Instead of playing once every beat (or count or whatever you want to call it), you could delay the kick by half of a beat or add in another kick on top to the high hat at the end of a pattern or something. I don't know if what I'm trying to say makes sense at all. It's kind of hard to explain in words.

Other than that, I think it's fantastic. And I hardly ever listen to Melbourne Bounce XD

Thanks. Haha yaah that might work but I gotta remove all sub from the kick first lol. I risk a genre change... hmm.

Btw what you tried to explain is called broken beat :P

Finished version of that melbourne thing I made:

Edited by Hinkik, 21 March 2015 - 09:37 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#122 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

Thanks. Haha yaah that might work but I gotta remove all sub from the kick first lol. I risk a genre change... hmm.

Btw what you tried to explain is called broken beat :P

Ah cool. It's nice that there is a term for that lol. And if it's something that will change the genre, you don't have to do it :P I don't want you to have to change the genre because I think it could have a different beat haha.

#123 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:52 PM

Ok I gotten to that point where I don't know if my track is bad or good anymore...

I would want some more harsh/honest feedback on it now:

Well it won't work if you absolutely hate Melbourne Bounce but you get the idea.

I mean yeah, honestly I'm not super into more mainstream melbourne/big room, that kinda stuff. So I'm probably not the best person to critique you. :P

I mean, it's obvious you're good at production. It sounds professional and all that jazz. But again, it's a little too big roomy for me. And I know I'm terrible at this, but it could use a little more variation.

All in all though, I just enjoy other genres like dubstep and glitch hop more. I'd really like to hear some of that from you. :3

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#124 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:28 PM

I mean yeah, honestly I'm not super into more mainstream melbourne/big room, that kinda stuff. So I'm probably not the best person to critique you. :P

I mean, it's obvious you're good at production. It sounds professional and all that jazz. But again, it's a little too big roomy for me. And I know I'm terrible at this, but it could use a little more variation.

All in all though, I just enjoy other genres like dubstep and glitch hop more. I'd really like to hear some of that from you. :3

Oh, since you like glitch hop so much, I'll show you my absolute favorite glitch hop song.

I actually started playing League of Legends because of this song XD

#125 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:30 AM

I had a goal of getting a promo from someone with at least 100k subs this year.

Well my best promo until now was 50k which is around half way.

But this one was 200k I am quite suprised actually:

28gxdv8.png

#126 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

I had a goal of getting a promo from someone with at least 100k subs this year.

Well my best promo until now was 50k which is around half way.

But this one was 200k I am quite suprised actually:

That's really impressive lol. Meanwhile, my promotion channel is still around 500 subs and I only have 50 followers on soundcloud. :P

Ok I did a tiny bit of tweaking to frequencies and I changed the beginning key for the bass line when it first starts. I hope that it's enough this time. If not, then I think it's time to get new headphones because I must not be hearing everything properly. TRY NUMBER 4 BEGINS!

#127 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:19 PM

That's really impressive lol. Meanwhile, my promotion channel is still around 500 subs and I only have 50 followers on soundcloud. :P

Ok I did a tiny bit of tweaking to frequencies and I changed the beginning key for the bass line when it first starts. I hope that it's enough this time. If not, then I think it's time to get new headphones because I must not be hearing everything properly. TRY NUMBER 4 BEGINS!

Do you happen to have a sub bass in the intro? Cause you get real surpised when the off key bass kicks in. It might be that your kick has a too easy to recognize fundamental frequency if you have no sub bass.

I would say, look at your kick and try to play your baseline under all of your melodies, it should fit anywhere if it's in key unless you have gone full original and done a key change in the middle of the song. (Jpop does that a lot)

Btw the bass is like 2 to 6 semitones higher than it should be fyi. It's just way higher than it should be in comparison to the low frequencies in the intro.

I appreciate feedback on this mix if you happen to be bored enough to have time for it.

I kinda feel like it's too muddy right now but I don't know.

Edited by Hinkik, 26 March 2015 - 12:38 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#128 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:23 PM

Do you happen to have a sub bass in the intro? Cause you get real surpised when the off key bass kicks in. It might be that your kick has a too easy to recognize fundamental frequency if you have no sub bass.

I would say, look at your kick and try to play your baseline under all of your melodies, it should fit anywhere if it's in key unless you have gone full original and done a key change in the middle of the song. (Jpop does that a lot)

Btw the bass is like 2 to 6 semitones higher than it should be fyi. It's just way higher than it should be in comparison to the low frequencies in the intro.

I appreciate feedback on this mix if you happen to be bored enough to have time for it.

I'm not really good with mixing high energy songs so I don't know how much help I can provide. I do like the middle part a lot, but there was something about the kick that didn't seem too punchy. I wasn't using headphones though, so maybe that's why.

#129 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

Yeah I think it's a tad muddy. It needs more energy or something. Sorry, I'm really bad at mixing. :P

On the topic of aliases, how does this sound?

Haka Makika

Think of it with no context, then with the context I'm about to give you.

Spoiler

And I swear I'm not ripping you off Hinkik... xP

#130 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

Yeah I think it's a tad muddy. It needs more energy or something. Sorry, I'm really bad at mixing. :P

On the topic of aliases, how does this sound?

Haka Makika

Think of it with no context, then with the context I'm about to give you.

Spoiler

And I swear I'm not ripping you off Hinkik... xP

It is pretty interesting. Do those words have some kind of translation? That has nothing to do with whether or not it's good, it just looks like a different language lol. I say go for it. Use the name and see if it catches on or not. That's really the only way to know for sure if it's going to work I think.

#131 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:10 PM

It is pretty interesting. Do those words have some kind of translation? That has nothing to do with whether or not it's good, it just looks like a different language lol. I say go for it. Use the name and see if it catches on or not. That's really the only way to know for sure if it's going to work I think.

I looked it up and Haka is some sort of battle cry, and Makika is some sort of Bionicle creature. :P

But yeah I guess I just have to come up with something and stick to it.

Of course I could go with plain ol' Matrix Chicken... Dunno if that would be accessible though. :P

#132 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

I looked it up and Haka is some sort of battle cry, and Makika is some sort of Bionicle creature. :P

But yeah I guess I just have to come up with something and stick to it.

Of course I could go with plain ol' Matrix Chicken... Dunno if that would be accessible though. :P

Ah yes, I totally forgot about the Haka. It's a New Zealand war dance and I just so happen to be a Native New Zealander. My dad taught the dance to me when I was like 7 XD

And just so I can stay on topic with the whole music thing, you guys need to check out this guys channel. He does some really complex lessons on sound design and harmonics and pretty much everything. He also gives you in depth explination of almost every track he makes and how he went about making them to the point that you could probably exactly replicate the track.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

This guy pretty much taught me enough of the basics so that I could start producing myself a while back :P

#133 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

Ah yes, I totally forgot about the Haka. It's a New Zealand war dance and I just so happen to be a Native New Zealander. My dad taught the dance to me when I was like 7 XD

And just so I can stay on topic with the whole music thing, you guys need to check out this guys channel. He does some really complex lessons on sound design and harmonics and pretty much everything. He also gives you in depth explination of almost every track he makes and how he went about making them to the point that you could probably exactly replicate the track.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

This guy pretty much taught me enough of the basics so that I could start producing myself a while back :P

Ahhhhh yes, SeamlessR... I can't say I enjoy much of his music, but he does have some very helpful stuff to say. I should go through his channel again sometime. :P

#134 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:39 PM

Ahhhhh yes, SeamlessR... I can't say I enjoy much of his music, but he does have some very helpful stuff to say. I should go through his channel again sometime. :P

Yeah, his music is a little too aggressive for me especially with his bass, but his tutorials are top notch and just looking at his song compostion is entertaining XD

#135 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys

Yeah I can't reach higher RMS values than -5dB on the track for some reason. The mud comes from the sub bass for some reason I've noticed even though it's a sine with no processing other than a limiter...

I just gotta change the chord sound design I guess. That's the culprit of not getting a loud enough track and it doesn't work with the sub that well.

@Matrix I honestly don't like that name that much, mainly cause it's too long. If you have a strange/different name, I think it should be kept short otherwise no one is going to remember it.

This name might be better:

Spoiler

@Chaos I've seen some of Seamless' videos but I don't even have harmor so it's kinda useless for me haha.

Too bad though, you can almost always tell if someone has used a seamless tutorial to make their sound cause his sounds are so easily recognizable (those sounds made in harmor).

Still muddy? D:

This time I am a tad worried about the distortion of the whole thing, especially at 00:29

Is the track over compressed now btw? I can't tell anymore my ears are dead.

28gxdv8.png

#136 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

Still muddy? D:

This time I am a tad worried about the distortion of the whole thing, especially at 00:29

Is the track over compressed now btw? I can't tell anymore my ears are dead.

Link is broken :L

#137 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

Link is broken :L

Im a sori

28gxdv8.png

#138 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:01 PM

Im a sori

I feel like there could be a little less reverb on stuff maybe. And the chords during the middle part need some more high-mids, I think. Or maybe more intense sidechaining? I dunno, they just need more power. :P

I finally figured out how to make a growl... :P

https://clyp.it/3pso4w5l

#139 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

Im a sori

I'm pretty much what Matrix said. I think with more high-mids it would be a little more exciting. And I hope this isn't the full song, I want a longer version lol. Maybe with a riff area that's just the beat and the chords with no lead, you know.

#140 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

Aaaaand here's what I did with that growl.

Dis is fun! :3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MUSIC

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!