• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:38 AM

Is Nintendo using amiibos the right way in their games?
Amiibos for Mario kart 8 are right and wrong. The racing suits for some amiibos is good but for others they should give players item at the start of the race. (Rosalina amiibo should give the player a star instead of a suit)

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:54 AM

Is Nintendo using amiibos the right way in their games?
Amiibos for Mario kart 8 are right and wrong. The racing suits for some amiibos is good but for others they should give players item at the start of the race. (Rosalina amiibo should give the player a star instead of a suit)

Items would be unfair for those that are not using an amiibo or don't have one (multiplayer speaking of course) and the game is haphazard enough not to need it. Racing suits don't change the mechanics of the game, it's just a visual unlocked item for asthetics.

The real problem with amiibo is many people cannot purchase the ones they want, let alone be able to use them.

MK8 wasn't built for amiibo, it was more of an afterthought. Adding racing suits is a cool little bonus for owning an amiibo, but it's main use is in SMASH. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

My favorite uses for Amiibo so far are through Splatoon, Smash, and Code Name STEAM. 

With Splatoon's brand of Amiibos, you get whole new missions to mess around in.

With Smash, you get way more powerful AI to battle against.

In Code Name STEAM, you get whole new party members through the Fire Emblem series...even though I only own Ike at the moment, it's still cool.

But like Sorceror said, the main problem comes in NoA's incompetence when it comes to stocking the things. Especially with the Fire Emblem ones...what's the point of having special characters in Code Name STEAM if you can't even buy the things?

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:33 PM

My favorite uses for Amiibo so far are through Splatoon, Smash, and Code Name STEAM. 

With Splatoon's brand of Amiibos, you get whole new missions to mess around in.
With Smash, you get way more powerful AI to battle against.
In Code Name STEAM, you get whole new party members through the Fire Emblem series...even though I only own Ike at the moment, it's still cool.

But like Sorceror said, the main problem comes in NoA's incompetence when it comes to stocking the things. Especially with the Fire Emblem ones...what's the point of having special characters in Code Name STEAM if you can't even buy the things?

Right. I do believe code name steam will suffer in sales because of that. Xenoblade will too. both are games i want, but not in a rush to buy until i get the amiibos i want for them.

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:50 PM

Right. I do believe code name steam will suffer in sales because of that. Xenoblade will too. both are games i want, but not in a rush to buy until i get the amiibos i want for them.

I...don't think Xenoblade is really going to suffer all that much just from Amiibos. All Shulk did was unlock a couple of beastiary things early on, if I recall.

If anything, being New3DS exclusive is going to hurt it.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#6 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

Nintendo has to walk the thin line between making the Amiibo functionality worth while AND not too over the top where it becomes unfair to players who bought the same full game who do not have th Amiibo.

But so far I think they are doing a very good job, making the Amiibo advantages subtle but worthwhile.

As others have said, the real problem is actually getting the ones you want

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

Imo, they aren't being used like at all...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:08 AM

Imo, they aren't being used like at all...

i use em everyday in hyrule warriors, and time from time in smash. majority of buyers i believe aren't using them at all though.

#9 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

i use em everyday in hyrule warriors, and time from time in smash. majority of buyers i believe aren't using them at all though.

What I meant to say was that how they are used isn't really worth their money IMO.

I don't get how people buy tons of them, they're tiny, serve no purpose if you don't use them in games, and the paint on them isn't even that great.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#10 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

I buy them when I see them in store. I need a Toad one and some Yarn Yoshis though.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:36 PM

MK8 box getting amiibo logo

mariokart8box.jpg?e5b67c

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#12 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:54 AM

I don't agree with Amiibo's having exclusive downloadable content. You should be able to buy content from the eshop, if you have an Amiibo you can get the content for free.

#13 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

Speaking of splatoon, should other amiibos be compatible with the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!