• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Microjack5

Microjack5

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Okay, so it's no big secret that Nintendo has had bad feedback about their cameras made for their handhelds. What I'm wondering, if the Wii U's touchscreen is in HD, would it mean that the camera on the controller would be an HD camera? Judging by the concept video, it does look like a good quality camera, and I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being so. Then again, if the camera output HD images, that would probably raise the price of the Wii U, making that undesirable for Nintendo and consumers. Do you think that the Wii U's camera should be an HD camera?

#2 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

I don't think so, mainly because the controller is already expencive as is. I do, however, belive that it will be of higher quality than the 3DS, and by a mile.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

The touchscreen is not HD as it's resolution is not up to 720p (1280 x 720), which is where the HD resolution begins. It's aspect ration is 16:9, however, so it's widescreen.
It does however, (in the words of people who have had the opportunity to play around with it), produce richer images than that of the iPad.
As for the camera I don't have a clue. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

The touchscreen is not HD as it's resolution is not up to 720p (1280 x 720), which is where the HD resolution begins. It's aspect ration is 16:9, however, so it's widescreen.
It does however, (in the words of people who have had the opportunity to play around with it), produce richer images than that of the iPad.
As for the camera I don't have a clue. :P

i think it was stated somewhere that the screen is around 640 or in between hd and sd resolution

i think the camera will be better than the 3ds hopefully somewhere in the kinect or iphone range

Edited by Mr ECHO3, 23 January 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#5 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

I hope to see a somewhat decent, but not too expensive camera. Something like 3 MP isn't bad and is not expensive. And a video resolution of 854x480 isn't bad either. I'm not picky with these things, if I got something like I said, I would be more than happy with the Wii U controller's camera. The camera doesn't need to be all out. If people want to take HD video or massive 12 MP pictures then they can go out buy a camera made for those kind of things, but we don't need the price of the Wii U controller to go up because of the camera.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#6 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

While the Wii U does 1080p, the Tablet Controller does 720p apparently. So take that how you want lol.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#7 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

While the Wii U does 1080p, the Tablet Controller does 720p apparently. So take that how you want lol.

no it doesnt once again the wii u controller screen is NOT Hd...its estimated that the resolution is 854x480

In no way is the controller HD

#8 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

I dont really mind the camera since the device is not portable there really is no point to make it hd since it would cost more.As long as It's clear enough and I can use it while talking to my friends I dont really care
Posted Image

#9 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

The screen is not HD, but it looks like it is in HD with the size of the screen being 6.2 inch (15.7 cm) with its resolution of 854×480 in a 16:9 ratio. The camera will probably be the same as some smart phone cameras.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#10 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

no it doesnt once again the wii u controller screen is NOT Hd...its estimated that the resolution is 854x480

In no way is the controller HD

Argue with the Developer who has had it in their hands. Dont argue with me cause it will get no where. Developer says 720p then thats what it is. Fricken Noodle.

#11 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Argue with the Developer who has had it in their hands. Dont argue with me cause it will get no where. Developer says 720p then thats what it is. Fricken Noodle.

Do you mind telling us who this developer is?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#12 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

and what developer said this? and why would i argue when you can be proven wrong

#13 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:54 AM

Do you mind telling us who this developer is?

I dont know he was on a list of quoted developers. THQ developer if I remember correctly.

and what developer said this? and why would i argue when you can be proven wrong

Wait till E3 then you can apologize to me.

#14 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:52 AM

I dont know he was on a list of quoted developers. THQ developer if I remember correctly.

Wait till E3 then you can apologize to me.

so your source is a supposed quote you barely remember while i can list websites with proof of resolution, and dont worry about it i wont be.

http://golgotron.com/2011/06/nintendo-wii-u-tablet-screen-resolution-revealed/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U_controller

and since the controller isnt final i hope that you dont think them changing it at e3 will make me apologize

#15 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

so your source is a supposed quote you barely remember while i can list websites with proof of resolution, and dont worry about it i wont be.

http://golgotron.com...ution-revealed/

http://en.wikipedia....ii_U_controller

and since the controller isnt final i hope that you dont think them changing it at e3 will make me apologize

Uhg im getting cranky. 7am havent slept yet. Listen man. I didnt read the developers thing in the first place it was from a youtuber who was reading it off his computer. Shokio is his youtube channel. Go find the vid yourself. (not sure if allowed to swear on here so....) F-ing baby.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 26 January 2012 - 06:00 AM.

#16 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:59 AM

Uhg im getting cranky. 7am havent slept yet. Listen man. I didnt read the developers thing in the first place it was from a youtuber who was reading it off his computer. Shokio is his youtube channel. Go find the vid yourself. (not sure if allowed to swear on here so....) F-ing baby.

lol i dont care about you getting cranky how can u fault me for you lying and being an jackass and no i dont think you can curse here

#17 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

lol i dont care about you getting cranky how can u fault me for you lying and being an jackass and no i dont think you can curse here

Im not lying I did hear it from that youtuber. Man you Americans really are the mucus of the planet arent you.

#18 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

Im not lying I did hear it from that youtuber. Man you Americans really are the mucus of the planet arent you.

so not only do you lie about this info coming from a developer which i wouldnt have had a problem with if you just said it was a "youtuber" in the first place. But then you stereotype me into a nationality that you dislike with no proof if im even american or not. Well aren't you just a nice person. This conversation is pointless we well see if this screen is "HD" soon.

#19 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

so not only do you lie about this info coming from a developer which i wouldnt have had a problem with if you just said it was a "youtuber" in the first place. But then you stereotype me into a nationality that you dislike with no proof if im even american or not. Well aren't you just a nice person. This conversation is pointless we well see if this screen is "HD" soon.

OMFG are you brain dead. THE INFO WAS FROM A DEVELOPER. THE DEVELOPER WAS QUOTED ON A WEBSITE WITH A BUNCH OF OTHER DEVELOPERS. The youtuber was the guy READING ALL THESE QUOTES FROM THAT WEBSITE.

#20 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

OMFG are you brain dead. THE INFO WAS FROM A DEVELOPER. THE DEVELOPER WAS QUOTED ON A WEBSITE WITH A BUNCH OF OTHER DEVELOPERS. The youtuber was the guy READING ALL THESE QUOTES FROM THAT WEBSITE.

lol once again another pointless post unless your gonna link a video or show where the quote came from i dont really care to talk about it anymore. Like i said we well see come this e3.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Camera, HD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!