#1 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

this is why 3rd parties have not supported nintendo consoles in the past (other than lack of HD graphics on wii).
it is really important that we all support third parties from launch with the wii u if we want 3rd party support to continue, we are so lucky the third parties are giving us this chance with wii u, lets not let them down. i blame the gaming media a lot for this problem but its also an issue with the consumers, lets bring this around :)

Posted Image

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

I would love to buy those other games as well, this also why I hope to get a summer job because I have my eye own other video games. Also, I have notice in a lot of places people only buy Nintendo's big games such as Mario and Zelda. This also affect third parties due to the fact that they have there games are overshadowed. This is part of the reason why I hope Nintendo Direct in other territories become as good as the Japanese one as in it provides free advertising to Nintendo's lesser known games and third party games. This is also why I hope to buy Darksiders 2 and any other third party game with the launch of the system.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

It's sad to say but I doubt anything is going to dramatically change. Even if the WiiU was the strongest console in the whole world,
people like the guy in the video said buy Nintendo consoles for Mario.
And it's been proven in the past that even systems that were more powerful then their competitors had trouble selling third party games like the N64 and GCN. But only time will tell. Until Nintendo fans and others who casually buy Nintendo lose that mindset that Nintendo consoles are only for Mario, third parties will always struggle on the console. It also doesn't help that America's interest in Japanese games is waning pretty quickly as shooters and WRPG are just killing the JRPG and other Japanese games that made their home on Nintendo's console. Even Japanese games on the other two don't sell that well unless Square's name is on it. So it's looking pretty grim for people who like those types of games. So yeah, I'm just really interested in how next gen will play out.
Posted Image

#4 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

I think that most ninty fans do buy 3rd party titles, aswell as 1st party. It's just that every kid wants a mario game, don't they? I mean, it's not us. It's the younger generation that ask their parents for mario for their birthday.

Posted Image

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

I would love to buy those other games as well, this also why I hope to get a summer job because I have my eye own other video games. Also, I have notice in a lot of places people only buy Nintendo's big games such as Mario and Zelda. This also affect third parties due to the fact that they have there games are overshadowed. This is part of the reason why I hope Nintendo Direct in other territories become as good as the Japanese one as in it provides free advertising to Nintendo's lesser known games and third party games. This is also why I hope to buy Darksiders 2 and any other third party game with the launch of the system.

yh me too, desperate for a job in the summer/weekends so i can buy a tonne of wii u games, good luck :) oh and nintendo direct is great in europe, advertising games like last story and stuff :)

It's sad to say but I doubt anything is going to dramatically change. Even if the WiiU was the strongest console in the whole world,
people like the guy in the video said buy Nintendo consoles for Mario.
And it's been proven in the past that even systems that were more powerful then their competitors had trouble selling third party games like the N64 and GCN. But only time will tell. Until Nintendo fans and others who casually buy Nintendo lose that mindset that Nintendo consoles are only for Mario, third parties will always struggle on the console. It also doesn't help that America's interest in Japanese games is waning pretty quickly as shooters and WRPG are just killing the JRPG and other Japanese games that made their home on Nintendo's console. Even Japanese games on the other two don't sell that well unless Square's name is on it. So it's looking pretty grim for people who like those types of games. So yeah, I'm just really interested in how next gen will play out.

i really think next gen will go differently. firstly, nintendo is getting 3rd party games in the same quality (if not better) than other systems so old ps360 owners will buy wii u and buy it solely for the 3rd party games, it is happening, im seeing it all around me, my friend is not a fan of nintendo games at all and never bought a nintendo console before but he's sooo hyped for wii u, hes not the only one. secondly, the 3rd party support is coming better than ever before (i know stuff that i cant reveal on this forum sorry, just trust me) and its coming at the beginning so people will know what kind of system it is from the beginning, a supported system, so more people will buy it as their main console, not just for nintendo games.

Edited by Crackkat, 01 February 2012 - 09:30 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

I got to six minutes into that video before I got too sick of the swearing to watch anymore.

I think part of the problem is that not everyone has infinite moneys to pay for video games. Therefore, they want to buy games that they know they are going to enjoy. Games like Mario and Zelda are games that lots of people know they will enjoy.

Personally, when I hear about a new Nintendo game like Mario Kart or some such, I get really excited because often I've played a previous game in the series and enjoyed it. Also, I trust Nintendo as a company to create enjoyable games. When I look at the 3rd party games that have been announced for the Wii U, I see lots of darker, violent games which I'm just not interested in. When 3rd parties create games that I find really interesting, I will buy it.

I think that the demos that are being brought to the 3DS (and hopefully the Wii U) are a great thing to let people experience new games from other companies. They let people experience a game that they wouldn't otherwise play. This way people can find new games that they find fun.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#7 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

I think it has a lot to do with how the US just doesn't seem to find Japanese games all that interesting anymore. During the NES/SNES/Mega Drive era, ALL the big games were made by Japan, to the point where some people even believed that western made games probably didn't even exist. Japan was THE country for video games. This sort of continued during the PS1 era but western titles managed to get a lot more exposure on there than on Nintendo's consoles. It was the PS2 and Xbox in my opinion that really started the trend of western games being king in the west, with games like Halo and Grand Theft Auto topping sales charts and becoming the most popular of their generation. It's rather sad in my opinion, since western developers really just don't seem to have a lot of the same creativity that Japan does. But it has also been proven that a highly skilled western dev like N64 Rareware, Retro Studios or Valve can produce maybe even better games than what Japan is capable of.

Luckily Japanese games still seem to be quite popular here in Europe. I've noticed how we're getting a lot of games earlier than the US and some that they aren't even getting at all. Games like Xenoblade, Last Story, Pandora's Tower, or Tales of the Abyss 3DS which was released a couple of months ago over here. And then there's the rumours of Monster Hunter 3G and possibly 4 being localized in the EU but probably not in the US. So I'm pretty content myself, knowing that Japan still has faith in my region to buy their games. With this whole situation going on though, it just highlights how Nintendo really made a bad move by enforcing region lock on 3DS, especially when the DS didn't even have it.

Posted Image

#8 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

I kind of blame Nintendo for this also.They promote first party games WAY too much.I mean look at thier youtube channel or thier website and it's full of first party games.I mean they really should promote thease non first party games as well.
Posted Image

#9 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

I kind of blame Nintendo for this also.They promote first party games WAY too much.I mean look at thier youtube channel or thier website and it's full of first party games.I mean they really should promote thease non first party games as well.

Is there any reason why 3rd parties can't promote their own games?

#10 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Do you really think a third party developer will be able to promote the same as Nintendo.Maybe big companies like capcom and square enix but what about those small companies
Posted Image

#11 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

Yeah, EA and Activision have money to burn, so there should be no reason why they can't promote their games. It's the job of the publisher to make sure the game get's out there, not the company who makes the hardware.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#12 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Do you really think a third party developer will be able to promote the same as Nintendo.Maybe big companies like capcom and square enix but what about those small companies

They might not be able to promote them the same as Nintendo, but they can definitely have their own Youtube channel at least. It is good when Nintendo does some promotion of others games when doing things like Nintendo Direct, but I think that the developer should also put some effort into making their own games known.

#13 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

to this day im extremely cautios to buy another nintendo system so i dont spend another 6 years with 2 games & 300 others I cant because its not on my system

1367065580450s.jpg

#14 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

to this day im extremely cautios to buy another nintendo system so i dont spend another 6 years with 2 games & 300 others I cant because its not on my system

You buy games for a system you don't even have?

Nintendo's rectifying whatever complaints most people had about the Wii.
Man, it surprises me how 1 system makes a mistake, and the entire company is immediately given a black mark, where were comments like this during PS3's $599 us dollars run?

PS Not trying to accuse you of anything, just pointing out stuff I've seen else where.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#15 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

You buy games for a system you don't even have?

Nintendo's rectifying whatever complaints most people had about the Wii.
Man, it surprises me how 1 system makes a mistake, and the entire company is immediately given a black mark, where were comments like this during PS3's $599 us dollars run?

PS Not trying to accuse you of anything, just pointing out stuff I've seen else where.

I didnt buy games i couldn't play, i meant that all the game ive been hyped about dont come to the wii due to hardware limitations & of course the 599$ price for the Ps3 is bad but it doesnt have A lasting effect.buying A Ps3 for 599$ or buying an xbox for an increasing sum of over 700$ if you want to enjoy multyplayer games, etheir way it would be good in the future when for people who like 3rd party titles & those people on the wii migrate to other systems, hopefully 3rd parties will be succesful but for the 3rd time my fears have risen back that other gamers wont buy the Wii U in fear of A repeat & 3rd parties stop porting& creating new games

& who said anything about giving nintendo A black mark, it's not like i said i want them to die. Try being in gaming limbo for 6 years and not be cautious about it next time. I'm wating A year or two to see how it goes, im sorry but not taking another risk & being out of 350$ cause being poor means you dont get A second chance

Edited by giggity3000, 02 February 2012 - 01:35 PM.

1367065580450s.jpg

#16 NovusRex

NovusRex

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Pokemon, Assassins Creed, Doom

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

If a game is great, people will buy it. Now more than ever, with internet as a great medium to reach people (in a cheap way). All the stuff the vidkid is talking about "people only buy triple-a titles", it's not true.. Atleast not when there are other great games. He must also realise that a lot of games that come out are carp and not worth spending so much money on. A few examples of games not released by Nintendo that would sell regardless:

- GTA franchise
- Assassin's Creed franchise
- Elder Scrolls franchise
- FPS shooters of the famous brands (e.g. Call of Duty, Battlefield)
- Sports series (e.g. Fifa and Madden NFL games)

The problem with the Wii was that the most famous games were simply too powerfull for the Wii. Also, with a console like the Wii you can expect that third-parties will have a hard time, considering the new tech and playstyle. The WiiU is likely to be powerfull enough to make third-party progammers happy and we sure can expect their famous titles on the WiiU aswell. One thing that the vid isn't mentioning is this: people don't buy stuff they don't know.. It applies to all consoles and pc aswell. If you make a brilliant game for the PS3 from a rather unknown developer, chances are high it won't become a succes. It's nothing related to Nintendo. I'm not the least bit worried that there will be a lack of third-party games and games that will actually sell well.

#17 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

I didnt buy games i couldn't play, i meant that all the game ive been hyped about dont come to the wii due to hardware limitations & of course the 599$ price for the Ps3 is bad but it doesnt have A lasting effect.buying A Ps3 for 599$ or buying an xbox for an increasing sum of over 700$ if you want to enjoy multyplayer games, etheir way it would be good in the future when for people who like 3rd party titles & those people on the wii migrate to other systems, hopefully 3rd parties will be succesful but for the 3rd time my fears have risen back that other gamers wont buy the Wii U in fear of A repeat & 3rd parties stop porting& creating new games

& who said anything about giving nintendo A black mark, it's not like i said i want them to die. Try being in gaming limbo for 6 years and not be cautious about it next time. I'm wating A year or two to see how it goes, im sorry but not taking another risk & being out of 350$ cause being poor means you dont get A second chance

Guess what, I was technically in this "limbo" for 7, it took me about 1 year to get my Wii since the shortage, and you know what, I never regretted having to wait that long, and felt it was very worth it. In fact, of all the three consoles, I was most happy with the Wii because I had the most fun on it. Maybe it's because my parents are very strict as to the fact that I can't play M games(Save Halo and MGS.)But I feel my "limbo" was actually in the Xbox and PS3 ( yes I do own both, although I got my PS3 just last November.)

I probably should have been more clear about my point, and I apologize for it, but I meant two things.
1. This was 1 time out of what, 5 consoles?
2.Wait until E3 before you choose to wait a year before getting the console.

I feel just waiting right off the bat is a poor, and uneducated choice. If you still feel the same after E3, then I won't say anything else.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Sony does advertise 3rd party games. I think nintendo should do that too.

The guy in the video did so much unecessary cussing.
He should of cussed only like 20x instead of like 70.

#19 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

1. This was 1 time out of what, 5 consoles?
2.Wait until E3 before you choose to wait a year before getting the console.

1. It may have been only 1 console but back then, they didn't focus on gimmicks, they focused on quality games that uses the consoles capabilities to its limit. Skyward sword seems to be the 1st in A long time to be A nintendo quality game, all the others are good but not Nintendo good. The controller & Smash bros are biggest factors on wether ill buy it but the fun wont last for 6 more years if the wii repeats with AAA games that are less then nintendo quality & no 3rd party. so the only thing to do.. is wait 2. dont care about E3, itll be nice to know about the Wii U but im not getting it because of trailers or more 3rd party games. Im waiting to see if 3rd party games are successful, all the 3rd party in world wouldn't mean anything if its not successful & future games are not available.

1367065580450s.jpg

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

I don't see a lot of black dudes in my life. No, I'm mostly surrounded by white, brown and asian people.

BUT THIS BLACK DUDE KNOWS WHAT'S UP! I'M FRIGGIN' OUT OF HERE!!!

*goes and buys more games for 3DS*

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3rd party, nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!