• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

Not feeling Orochimaru as the final villain exactly.

At this point, I just see this ending as Sasuke versus Naruto, for the title of Hokage (even though all the villages seem to have united). Curiously, Orochimaru, Suigetsu, and Karin did not appear this chapter. I imagine they're preparing something against Madara and Obito (assuming he doesn't get Talk no Jutsu'd).

#102 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

I'm currently reading the Umineko manga Mournblade suggested me, wow. It is so much better than the anime, I keep forgetting almost every Japan series, manga is better than the anime.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#103 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Not feeling Orochimaru as the final villain exactly.

At this point, I just see this ending as Sasuke versus Naruto, for the title of Hokage (even though all the villages seem to have united). Curiously, Orochimaru, Suigetsu, and Karin did not appear this chapter. I imagine they're preparing something against Madara and Obito (assuming he doesn't get Talk no Jutsu'd).

Pretty disappointing, weirdly enough, I would've preferred for them to fight as enemies. Like the original fight. Oh well...

#104 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

I'm waiting for the final episode of JoJo to be released (by Commie) then I am going to start up on some of this season's stuff.

I'm currently reading the Umineko manga Mournblade suggested me, wow. It is so much better than the anime, I keep forgetting almost every Japan series, manga is better than the anime.

Studio Deen is known for messing up everything they touch.  The manga was based more so off the visual novel, though, as the VN came first.

#105 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Studio Deen is known for messing up everything they touch.  The manga was based more so off the visual novel, though, as the VN came first.

For a studio who messes up they sure made alot of anime, reminds me of Gearbox when they acquire an old game in development.

I thought differently because in Mangas, writers can do whatever they want without having to censor, like a dialog adding swearing than the anime or even fight scenes are better than the anime.

#106 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

The manga format is almost always better than the anime adaption, from my experience. Most of this is due to the fact that the series originated on the manga first, so the anime adaption would usually be using the maga as its source material. In fact, there are probably only a handful of anime adaptions that surpass their manga counterparts in quality. Fullmetal Alchemist is arguable.

#107 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Did anyone read the manga 'Maximum Ride' I got it when i graduated and I have no clue what originated first, cause there's a live action movie about it and I never even heard of a movie about it, its an American female comic book writer, it goes left to right instead of the usual manga way and there is no Japanese text like what you normally see if someone is confused or screaming.

#108 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

Naruto 632 - Okay, now everyone wants to become hokage. I'm not sure what Kishi is even thinking anymore. Suddenly everyone, but Kiba, has accepted Sasuke as if he hasn't done anything. Sakura even thanks Sasuke for helping her despite the fact that the last time they met, Sasuke wanted to kill her. Somehow, all the previous drama regarding Sasuke is water under the bridge.

Madara is also kinda strange. Does he even care about his plan anymore, 'cause he seems to be letting the Hokages do what they want...

Again, no One Piece this week since Oda is sick. Should be back next week though

#109 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

Naruto 632 - Okay, now everyone wants to become hokage. I'm not sure what Kishi is even thinking anymore. Suddenly everyone, but Kiba, has accepted Sasuke as if he hasn't done anything. Sakura even thanks Sasuke for helping her despite the fact that the last time they met, Sasuke wanted to kill her. Somehow, all the previous drama regarding Sasuke is water under the bridge.

Madara is also kinda strange. Does he even care about his plan anymore, 'cause he seems to be letting the Hokages do what they want...

Again, no One Piece this week since Oda is sick. Should be back next week though

How far is it? Cause I only played the game and never watched or read the Shippuden series. It ends in a non canon ending, everyone lives, they didn't show Tobi's face, Madara retreats in a weird sort of way not killing anyone. and secretly ends were Sasuke brutally murders White Zetsu.

#110 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

The latest manga I read was Umibe no Onnanoko (has sex scenes so ask your parents before reading it regardless of your age), it was quite good but I'm still waiting on the second volume to be translated.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#111 Mara

Mara

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    DC Comics, One Piece, Monster Hunter

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

Just read Kokou no Hito, I am a Hero, Gon and I've just started reading Shamo.

tumblr_mnhpywxuMx1ryr1z3o1_250.gif

#112 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

I dusted off my Heart no Kuni no Alice mangas, I haven't seen it in 2 years, my ex girlfriend got me into it, she kept talking about how attractive the characters are and how Boris is her favorite. It really felt like she loved those fictional handsome characters over me.

#113 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Sorta related, but a new JUMP crossover game was revealed recently. Expect many other JUMP characters

As for this week's chapters.

Naruto 633 - This is completely a fanservice chapter. Sasuke summoning snakes again is very strange to me, but whatever.

Bleach 540 - I like this chapter. The stuff in the beginning probably could have been shortened, but it's fine I suppose. The next couple of chapters will be very interesting.

I should also mention that this chapter probably answers the age old question as to why Ichigo's power levels have fluctuated so much throughout the series - In particular throughout the Arrancar arc. It was Ichigo's unwillingness to accept his hollow as his true shinigami powers that handicapped him for so long.

One Piece 710 - So we see that Bellamy and Luffy actually talked a bit. Am I the only one that feels bad for the guy? I was actually hoping he'd win, but I suppose not. Still I wonder if he'll have any actual use in this arc... In any case, the chapter mainly focused on Robin, Usopp, Law, and Ceasar. There wasn't really much to this chapter I thought, but doesn't anyone like Robin's appearance this way?

#114 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

One Piece 731- I'm really hoping Sanji doesn't get his heart broken by Violet in a later chapter. He's my favorite straw hat and it seems as he always gets the short end of the stick.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!