#1 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

Okay now I noticed that Nintendo hasn't released specs for even the 3DS and then I look at Resident Evil Revelations. I compare it to Resident Evil the Mercenaries and I see so much improvement on it. The graphics in Revelations looks comparable to a 360's or PS3's. So what does this mean? Could it be that we are underestimating the small little 3DS in your hands?

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

It seems like the 3DS is more capable of producing better visuals that we initially thought. Keep in mind that a significant portion of the 3DS' power is being 'stored' away just so it can produce 3D visuals. I watched a comparison video of RE: Revelations vs. Uncharted: Golden Abyss from the Vita and they were pretty much on par; with only Uncharted having slightly better lighting, shadow and texture details.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the largest Game Cards Nintendo allows devs to use at the moment is 2GB's (or was it 4GB? Correct me if I'm wrong).

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

4GB. Revelations in question uses 4GB.

But Nintendo isn't hiding the specs. I asked, and they said they have them. But they haven't gotten round to publishing them because they are too busy with Pikmin 3, Star Fox Onslaught, Donkey Kong Country Returns 2, Kid Icarus Uprising, Animal Crossing 4, Super Smash Bros. Frenzy and Mach Rider Unchained...

Wait, hang on...

WHOOPS! YOU SAW NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:10 AM

^ Lol but i know its fake. If it wasn't you would have edited the post :P

Anyways, i think they released the specs...http://www.nintendo....36FB229545A72B7
Is that it? Cause i never understand those numbers they use with some weird stuff. What the heck is GHz??
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

GHz is Gigahertz dude.

All electrical signals in the air use Hz (Hertz).

2.4 and 2.6 are the usual GHz used for wireless transmissions.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

they always hide the power of a console just look at alot of wii games

Signature_Fox.png

#7 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

Okay now I noticed that Nintendo hasn't released specs for even the 3DS and then I look at Resident Evil Revelations. I compare it to Resident Evil the Mercenaries and I see so much improvement on it. The graphics in Revelations looks comparable to a 360's or PS3's. So what does this mean? Could it be that we are underestimating the small little 3DS in your hands?

The last time Nintendo revealed specs of their systems, they got laughed at by nearly everyone. Do you know when that was? Gamecube era. Nintendo has learned not to reveal specs because that's all some people care about.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#8 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

The last time Nintendo revealed specs of their systems, they got laughed at by nearly everyone. Do you know when that was? Gamecube era. Nintendo has learned not to reveal specs because that's all some people care about.

I think it is much rather the opposite. Rather they still want to be viewed as the underdog so that Sony overlooks them and then when they least suspect it BAM! They come out with an ultra powerful counsel!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#9 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

TBH I don't really mind what the graphics look liked, you know i showed someone the intro for brawl, and they thought it was in HD. I really can't tell the difference between 720 and 480p but yea, the 3DS graphics do resemble a lot to the GameCube we all know.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

TBH I don't really mind what the graphics look liked, you know i showed someone the intro for brawl, and they thought it was in HD. I really can't tell the difference between 720 and 480p but yea, the 3DS graphics do resemble a lot to the GameCube we all know.

The only real difference that I've found between 720p and 480p is that one looks better on HDTVs. :P

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

this should shed some light on the limitations: http://mynintendonew...ltiplayer-mode/
Posted Image

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Dis.
Nintendo don't reveal specs because 99% of people will simply look at the numbers.
The specs for the most part don't matter, it's the care the developer puts into the game, as is evidenced by Mercenaries V. Revelations.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Mesan3

Mesan3

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • NNID:mesan3
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Dragon ball, trombone

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

didn't Nintendo gave half the 3ds's power and only release the last half recently

#14 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Just to be clear, Gamecube was the most powerful console of that generation... what were they laughed at for?

But yeah, some people dont pay any attention to games, just spec then gone. If you're going to choose a console with the best specs (i don't think many people here make that choice based on specs but... if you're gonna) choose, PC!!!

Also, just because Tekken 3D runs at 60fps but without 3d does not mean that is the limits of the device. Most devs have no idea what they can run a piece of software at until they look at the specs given by the publisher. I'd like to point out (although Tekken3d IS a fighting game) MarioKart 7 (made by Nintendo) runs with 8 players online at 60 fps with zero lag and no drop in performance or framerate

Edited by SleepyGuyy, 11 February 2012 - 07:23 PM.

Posted Image

#15 esper

esper

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo The Muppets Pokemon Yu-Gi-Oh

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Just to be clear, Gamecube was the most powerful console of that generation... what were they laughed at for?

I dont think it was specs, I think it was polygons. Sony said the PlayStation 2 coul run ?00,000 polygons, Microsoft said the Xbox could run ?00,000 polygons and Nintendo said the Gamecube could run ?0,000 polygons.
People laughed at the difference in number but what people didn't know was that Sony and Microsoft gave out polygons and only polygons, Nintendo factured in things life lighting and textures and came to that number.

#16 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

SECOND most powerful. The X-Box was slightly stronger.
Posted Image

#17 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

SECOND most powerful. The X-Box was slightly stronger.

They were equal in power.

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

The wiiU can make sandwiches.

#19 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

The wiiU can make sandwiches.

I'd rather it make pizza! :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#20 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Lol here we go again with the xbox vs gamecube graphics comparison again. and on topic i dont think there hiding they probably just dont care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!