#21 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Then how would this thing even work. If it is 20° outside and 70° in your house how does it know it is cold outside? There is probably more to it than just turn on the A/C.

ummm... Never thought of that....
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#22 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

I don't know if that would be such a good idea. If you live in a place like Hawaii the temperature stays about 75 degrees year round, so you would never make it in that cave. And it probably just annoy people if they have to wait several months to get in that cave. Especially people who rent games.

It wouldn't be anything that's required to beat the game. Just a secret path/short-cut.
Posted Image

#23 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

I don't know if that would be such a good idea. If you live in a place like Hawaii the temperature stays about 75 degrees year round, so you would never make it in that cave. And it probably just annoy people if they have to wait several months to get in that cave. Especially people who rent games.

im sure it'll similarly pokemon black and whites season system

#24 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Um, did anyone else notice it sounds slightly like Kinect? Senses if people are in the room...I smell "You are the controller" again...
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#25 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

I smell lots of ORIGIN theft info and monitoring, if they side with Origin.. lol

- atmospheric pressure sensor data can be used to predict weather
- data is sent to a server (I do believe that!!!!)
- temperature and humidity sensors can detect patterns over time
- data can show whether people are in a room or not (if we are social or antisocial and combine with other sensor abilities, many other things too)
- can also eventually infer the time of year
- system could also recommend clothing for a specific day
- can also be equipped with a radio or an infrared communication system, which would allow for control of other devices (they will know, what type of devices we have in our house)
- allows the Wii Sensor Bar's infrared lights to be used for communication (when and whose calling us)
- could work in conjunction with a smell sensor, dust sensor, human sensor, camera, illuminance sensor, and an ultraviolet sensor
- sensor can also estimate the time of year and detect which room in which the device is located ( detailed plan of our house)

I wonder if the last one, is to give them details, even the size of our house.. (sq meters).. I am not surprised, because there is rumors that nintendo may coop with this thieves.. lol Thats a small example, how a video game console, in combination with ORIGIN history... How to turn a console to a monitoring bug..

Edited by Orion, 29 February 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#26 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

I smell lots of ORIGIN theft info and monitoring, if they side with Origin.. lol

- data is sent to a server (I do believe that!!!!)
- data can show whether people are in a room or not (if we are social or antisocial and combine with other sensor abilities, many other things too)
- can also be equipped with a radio or an infrared communication system, which would allow for control of other devices (they will know, what type of devices we have in our house)
- allows the Wii Sensor Bar's infrared lights to be used for communication (when and whose calling us)
- could work in conjunction with a smell sensor, dust sensor, human sensor, camera, illuminance sensor, and an ultraviolet sensor
- sensor can also estimate the time of year and detect which room in which the device is located ( detailed plan of our house)

I wonder if the last one, is to give them details, even the size of our house.. (sq meters).. I am not surprised, because there is rumors that nintendo may coop with this thieves.. lol Thats a small example, how a video game console, in combination with ORIGIN history... How to turn a console to a monitoring bug..

Not trying to be mean, but...... FOR THE LAST TIME, EVEN IF ORIGIN IS ON THE SYSTEM NO ONE'S FORCING YOU TO USE IT DARN IT!!!!!!!!!

*sigh* Once again, not trying to be mean at all, but you post looks like a conspiracy theory. I get, Origin sucks in your opinion, but there has been no evedence to support the idea that they are teaming up with EA. Even if they did, it's probably a side thing that is optional.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#27 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

Um, did anyone else notice it sounds slightly like Kinect? Senses if people are in the room...I smell "You are the controller" again...

......but everything is being done ON a controller. :huh:

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#28 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

Not trying to be mean, but...... FOR THE LAST TIME, EVEN IF ORIGIN IS ON THE SYSTEM NO ONE'S FORCING YOU TO USE IT DARN IT!!!!!!!!!

*sigh* Once again, not trying to be mean at all, but you post looks like a conspiracy theory. I get, Origin sucks in your opinion, but there has been no evedence to support the idea that they are teaming up with EA. Even if they did, it's probably a side thing that is optional.

There is evidence that ORIGIN is stealing information, thats why Germany made a special LOW against origin, so ONLY GERMANS have the right (because other countries didnt bother), to use it or NOT.. It proved that Origin stole million of tax forms from Germans.. So what you said about, only if we want, we can use it. its false, only germans have this right.

Edited by Orion, 01 March 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#29 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

I am also disappointed there is no time travelling options for this... WTH Nintendo? We are 48537 A.D!!! No Time Travelling is sooo 2012!
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#30 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

There is evidence that ORIGIN is stealing information, thats why Germany made a special LOW against origin, so ONLY GERMANS have the right (because other countries didnt bother), to use it or NOT.. It proved that Origin stole million of tax forms from Germans.. So what you said about, only if we want, we can use it. its false, only germans have this right.

So you're telling me that It doesn't matter if I have an Origin account or not, that I must use it? I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense.....

I came up with an Idea on how to use the sensor: AR!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#31 BDB

BDB

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

So you're telling me that It doesn't matter if I have an Origin account or not, that I must use it? I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense.....

I came up with an Idea on how to use the sensor: AR!!!!!!!!!

I think he means that residents of Germany have the option to enable/disable some feature of Origin taking data that's not required, I don't know.

#32 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

yes, germany added restrictions against origin, as origin proved to steal tax forms from within the computers. So germans have the options to use or NOT to use origin... Thats why they changed the EULA as well, to make it a bit more polite. Remember the old EULA?

#33 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=172805

http://www.nintendow....com/news/29414

- sensor could be used to predict the weather
- sensor can also estimate the time of year and detect which room in which the device is located
- sensor data can be used to alter in-gamme content
- includes an atmospheric pressure sensor, a temperature sensor, and a humidity senso
- also features a dedicated microcomputer and memory
- these allow the unit to run the sensors at periodic intervals
- sensor reading history can be plotted on-screen
- view graphs that detail this information
- data is sent to a server
- results come back as a large-scale map of atmospheric pressure
- data can show whether people are in a room or not
- applications involve using sensor readings with various historical data to generate indices such as beer index, an influenza epidemic index, a comfort or discomfort index, and a laundry index
- can also be equipped with a radio or an infrared communication system, which would allow for control of other devices
- allows the Wii Sensor Bar's infrared lights to be used for communication
- patent originally filed on August 12, 2011 in the states, which was after a Japanese filing on August 20, 2010
- inventors are listed as Yasuyuki Shimohata, Ryoji Kuroda, Kazuhiro Hosoi, and Takanori Okamura
- this technology could be used to fix console systems, PCs, phones, PDAs, and hand-held game systems

I hope it's happening:D.

OK, I have one major problem with this rumor. Most of all the features mentioned (weather, time of day, time, ect) can be accomplished by connecting to an online server and getting weather and time info for a certain area. In fact, it would be best since the sensor CAN NOT detect what is happening OUTSIDE. I mean, THATS IMPOSSIBLE. We have heaters, we have AC's, and generally people don't have rain inside their house.

However, I do not doubt that this will be added into the controller. All these features -- however they are accomplished -- will add value and coolness to the console.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#34 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

In fact, it would be best since the sensor CAN NOT detect what is happening OUTSIDE. I mean, THATS IMPOSSIBLE. We have heaters, we have AC's, and generally people don't have rain inside their house.

Thats what I am talking about.. Now we call it, "weather balloons" hahahahaha

#35 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

hahaha :D
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#36 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:27 AM

It can detect 'comfort and discomfort values'. That's scary. It could alter your games to be easier on the more 'uncomfortable' days. (And harder on easy days.)

Other things on this list definitely bring up a red flag on privacy protection. If it can tell when people are in the room, the WiiU 2 will be transmitting to Big Brother Reggie what we say. But I should've seen this coming. After all, Nintendo knows everything you do on a 3DS. They even have access to your pictures you've taken. I'm afraid these new features will come at a price: our gaming privacy.

#37 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

It can detect 'comfort and discomfort values'. That's scary. It could alter your games to be easier on the more 'uncomfortable' days. (And harder on easy days.)

Other things on this list definitely bring up a red flag on privacy protection. If it can tell when people are in the room, the WiiU 2 will be transmitting to Big Brother Reggie what we say. But I should've seen this coming. After all, Nintendo knows everything you do on a 3DS. They even have access to your pictures you've taken. I'm afraid these new features will come at a price: our gaming privacy.

I still think this stuff is for AR, not Big Brother.

And Comfort and discomfort values...... VITALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#38 Agent000

Agent000

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

- sensor data can be used to alter in-gamme content

Oh man, imagine a Legend of Zelda game where the time of day and weather would correspond to real life!
Agent000 on Youtube:
BreakfastBAGELL
Porcellusstudios

"E3, Y U NO COME NOW?"

#39 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Also I believe the rumor about wii U coop with ORIGIN is true. As a new leak came up today, that VALVE is making their own console!! So I dont think the competition is between valve and origin.. If nintendo dont make their own wii U (UI) I may not buy it. Because I dont like origin. I believe its a deadly combination, origin + environmental sensor.. Totally against freedom and human rights.

Here is the new leak http://mynintendonew...-and-next-xbox/

Edited by Orion, 03 March 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#40 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:29 AM

The Wii U won't use origin, it's using Nintendo Network; Nintendo only getting third parties, including EA to help make it as good as possible. Valve isn't making their own console, they never said they were, and they've denied that the development kits are theirs. If anything, those "leaked" Dev kits are probably Wii U dev kits or whatever else like the nextbox if that's even been considered.

Edited by Stulaw90, 09 March 2012 - 03:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!