Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

why do you hate call of duty.

i havent found one person who hates cod for a good reason

First of all, I didn't say I hated the game. Anyway the reason I don't like it is, because the game is released on a yearly basis with little new content. Although the story with each iteration is new, few people play it for the story, and in my opinion the story is mediocre at best. In addition to that the cult fanboyism is absurd, and in many respects it is also highly overrated. This is my opinion and I am sure others disagree me, but don't take this as an insult, because in no way did I mean to offend you. Ultimately I hope you can respect my opinion, as I do yours, I don't want an argument.

Edited by EternalDeadman, 29 March 2012 - 08:59 PM.

3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#22 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

I don't hate Angry Birds... I just hate the idiots who make it. They are so cocky just because the made a milion seller game, eventhough it was only 99 Cents!

Don't forget their second game Angry Birds: Seasons, their third game Angry Birds: Rio, and their newest game Angry Birds Space. I agree with you I do hate these cocky idiots, they think just because they sold millions they will put the Nintendo 3DS and PS Vita out of the market.

LordPickleton.png

#23 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

First of all, I didn't say I hated the game. Anyway the reason I don't like it is, because the game is released on a yearly basis with little new content. Although the story with each iteration is new, few people play it for the story, and in my opinion the story is mediocre at best. In addition to that the cult fanboyism is absurd, and in many respects it is also highly overrated. This is my opinion and I am sure others disagree me, but don't take this as an insult, because in no way did I mean to offend you. Ultimately I hope you can respect my opinion, as I do yours, I don't want an argument.

ok lol i was just asking O.O

#24 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

I don't hate Angry Birds... I just hate the idiots who make it. They are so cocky just because the made a milion seller game, eventhough it was only 99 Cents!

You only have to pay for it on iOS. On every other service I've seen it on it's free! If Nintendo ever gave away free Mario games, the number "sold" would make Angry Birds look inadequate.
Posted Image

#25 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

You could technically say the same thing about Mario, too. Not much of his later games have had any real creativity or real great level design like Sunshine or SMB3 had. I felt this whole NSMB franchise has gotten to be pretty much like CoD in the fact that they release the game with very little new content (the level design almost looked exactly the same save adding two items that made use of the motion controls for Wii).

Call me a troll or a grumpy old man, but this is why I am not a fanboy to any game franchise. They all lose their luster and innovation eventually when the developers simply lose ideas for them.

#26 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

Don't forget their second game Angry Birds: Seasons, their third game Angry Birds: Rio, and their newest game Angry Birds Space. I agree with you I do hate these cocky idiots, they think just because they sold millions they will put the Nintendo 3DS and PS Vita out of the market.

Glad I'm not alone.

You only have to pay for it on iOS. On every other service I've seen it on it's free! If Nintendo ever gave away free Mario games, the number "sold" would make Angry Birds look inadequate.

True, but that's my point.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

i havent found one person who hates cod for a good reason

Then you haven;t met anyone who plays PC FPS'.
CoD Modern Warfare and Black Ops series are terrible on PC, they're beaten by even the worst FPS' on PC.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

If properly applied, motion controls don't suck.

I agree 100%, I was playing the role of Wii hating person.

You could technically say the same thing about Mario, too. Not much of his later games have had any real creativity or real great level design like Sunshine or SMB3 had. I felt this whole NSMB franchise has gotten to be pretty much like CoD in the fact that they release the game with very little new content (the level design almost looked exactly the same save adding two items that made use of the motion controls for Wii).

Call me a troll or a grumpy old man, but this is why I am not a fanboy to any game franchise. They all lose their luster and innovation eventually when the developers simply lose ideas for them.

I found Galaxy and Galaxy 2's level designs to be fantastic and innovative; among the best in the entire Mario series. But that's just another grumpy old man's opinion, lol. I agree about the NSMB series' level designs. What made the Wii version fun was the new gameplay mechanics (shake Wii remote for extra oomph on jumps, wall jumps, etc.) for 2D Mario games, and the multiplayer. My wife and I would dominate NSMB Wii when we were dating in college.

#29 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

Then you haven;t met anyone who plays PC FPS'.
CoD Modern Warfare and Black Ops series are terrible on PC, they're beaten by even the worst FPS' on PC.

actually i know many that play pc but i wasnt really taking that platform in consideration aside from the terrible ports to pc and annoying matchmaking for that platform the cod series is pretty good, its by no means the best shooter ever but its still a good game series just a bit overrated

#30 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

Well, something you have to take into consideration is nerds have a culture... and any videogame fan has at least a little bit of nerd in them (maybe geek is more aproriate, nerd is usually attached to intellegence).
Anyway... Gamer Geek Rule #1
Anything you remember as being good (whether or not you've played it since) is and always will be good.

Gamer Geek Rule #2
Things that are under appreciated are either reallly good, Or really bad.... no inbetween

Gamer Geek Rule #3
Constantly be paranoid of change... There is a 99% chance that they changed the wrong thing and ruin your favorite franchise / company.

Gamer Geek Rule #4
If someone else does not like your favorite games... well ... well... WHAT ARE THEY?... w.. whhhhyy!!!!!
IF OTHERS DONT LIKE IT... IT ... IT WONT CONTINUE!!!!! AAAAAAGGH. WE MUST CLEANSE THE MARKET OF THE NON-BELIEVERS !!!! VON SCHMIN VIZEARNER!!! NINE NINE NINE!!!!
Posted Image

#31 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

lol agreed ^^^^

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

actually i know many that play pc but i wasnt really taking that platform in consideration aside from the terrible ports to pc and annoying matchmaking for that platform the cod series is pretty good, its by no means the best shooter ever but its still a good game series just a bit overrated

CoD 1 and it's expansion were great.
CoD 2 was okay.
Everything in the series after that has been progressively getting worse, or staying the exact same.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

CoD 1 and it's expansion were great.
CoD 2 was okay.
Everything in the series after that has been progressively getting worse, or staying the exact same.

Cod 3 had an really short dev time but added meaningful features to multiplayer
Cod 4 is completely different and is was way better than both of the games you just listed. all other infinity ward call of duty titles are just decent in my opinion.
Cod Waw and Cod Bo: Both have added so many unique things to the call of duty franchise and i dont understand how they have made the series any worse

Edited by Mr ECHO3, 31 March 2012 - 09:33 AM.

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

Oh, unique means good now, I see.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

your right unique doesnt mean good. that still doesnt change the fact that you havent even stated how its gotten progressively worse since cod 2.

#36 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

A bit overrated? sure...

I like all of them except MW2 and MW3.

COD 1, WaW, and MW are my favorites.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 31 March 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

your right unique doesnt mean good. that still doesnt change the fact that you havent even stated how its gotten progressively worse since cod 2.

Rather than write an essay on it which I'm not up to and I'm sure there's a few already on the internet at this point:
They shifted away from PC to focus on the console money machine.
They also went modern, I liked WW1/2 :(

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Rather than write an essay on it which I'm not up to and I'm sure there's a few already on the internet at this point:
They shifted away from PC to focus on the console money machine.
They also went modern, I liked WW1/2 :(

eh its true pc gamers have been getting the short end of the stick. but at the end of the day activision is a business and like any business they will try to profit from a wide market and with pirating being so heavy on the pc i cant blame them.

Well they didnt go completely modern as treyarch usually focus's on whatever time period they feel like doing at the moment. besides cod 4 i dont like any of the modern warfare titles

Edited by Mr ECHO3, 31 March 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#39 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Was CoD 4 the first "Modern Warfare" title.
That one was pretty decent.
The main thing I dislike about the more modern shooter era is the macho-actioney script-writing.
It just has too much bravado for me. I prefer something a little more "real", instead of trying to be the coolest of the cool cats.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#40 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yea it was the first one to make the modern jump and the most beleivable in terms of story when it comes to the modern series.
I can understand what you mean i actually prefer's treyarch version's of call of duty as the stories dont always feel like a rambo rip-off. there just more interesting to me
have you played the medal of honor reboot? the story in that was actually decent though my problem with shooters in general as of late is that the stories usually have to deal with some form of emp's or nukes which can be annoying after you've played about 3 other games with that same concept.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!