#22 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

Hopefully Retro become the next Rare, ahhhhhhh the good all days of Rare.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#23 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

man, is anyone else sort of disappointed about the timing on this, though? I was desperately hoping that Retro would have something spectacular ready for the system's launch... this seems like team-building, which is awesome for the future, but sheds some doubt on the state of Retro's current activity. I sure hope that a core team, at least, has been diligently plugging away at an epic masterpiece for the last few years...

Wouldn't you rather let them take their time though? If Retro is forging a high-end title, they are going to need all the time they can get.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#24 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

man, is anyone else sort of disappointed about the timing on this, though? I was desperately hoping that Retro would have something spectacular ready for the system's launch... this seems like team-building, which is awesome for the future, but sheds some doubt on the state of Retro's current activity. I sure hope that a core team, at least, has been diligently plugging away at an epic masterpiece for the last few years...

i bet you anything retro has finished/nearly finished their first wii u title and have hired all these guys for the next game

Edited by Crackkat, 13 April 2012 - 02:11 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

Retro studios hire's a Sound Designer Chris Carroll

Mere days ago.

http://www.linkedin....S_CMPY_FOL-nhre

UPD: Seems like he has worked previously with Retro on DKCR ... the activity meter mentioned him just 3 days ago but this may probably mean his contract ended and he moved on to work on something else in the meantime ... that's standard shuffling in the industry, they don't sit and wait for programmers to write new engine and game (except big companies like blizzard that have tons of work have the core crews permanent - this expands the character and the soul of the games as well as the experience with the brand-franchises, they focus on a specifics and can have more time to improve on it)

Edited by Stewox, 13 April 2012 - 05:10 AM.

Posted Image

#26 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Do nintendo own any part of retro studios

#27 Generic Hero

Generic Hero

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • NNID:GenericHero
  • Fandom:
    Star Trek

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Do nintendo own any part of retro studios

Yes, Nintendo owns all of Retro Studios.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Retro_Studios(on the side it says Nintendo is the parent company.)

Woe is I, who haft been unprepared. I hath entered a sanctuary of forbidden to the eyes of men. 

My eyes shall burn with the images of that which I had seen. Far beyond my comprehension, a ritual. I hath seen them dance and sing.

For they danced and sang with a passion no longer held by my kind. And when such ritual hath concluded I was awakened to the meaning of it all.

I was enlightened to passion of the other kind. finally, I sayth to myself.

"Mine being hath been prepared"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!