• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DreadGodsHand

DreadGodsHand

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

i just got the circle pad pro for the 3DS. and, i was thinking how amazing it would be for nintendo to come out with a 3DS XL; that has mucher bigger screens, 2 circle pads and a total of 4 shoulder buttons. i have and LOVE the 3DS. but, if they come out with a 3DS XL, i will get it. i was wandering, if there are 3DS owners who will get the XL, even though they already have a 3DS, like myself?

Edited by DreadGodsHand, 02 April 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#2 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

i just got the circle pad pro for the 3DS. and, i was thinking how amazing it would be for nintendo to come out with a 3DS XL; that has mucher bigger screens, 2 circle pads and a total of 4 shoulder buttons. i have and LOVE the 3DS. but, if they come out with a 3DS XL, i will get it. i was wandering, if there are 3DS owners who will get the XL, even though they already have a 3DS, like myself?

Though I doubt it will happen, if Nintendo came out with a new better model of the 3DS, I would have to buy it.

by chance

#3 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

I suppose it would be nice to have a bigger screen and all that, but I don't really want to spend a bunch more money on something that plays the same games as something I already have.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#4 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Wouldn't the resolution look worse though?
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

I personally am not looking forward to a 3DS XL. I'd rather one that has a longer battery life, slightly lighter, less thicker and has dual circle pads.
Either way, I'm still happy with the 3DS now. It's a good design that doesn't really need any changing for awhile.

Edit: And also extra shoulder buttons, forgot about those. :P

Edited by Joshua, 03 April 2012 - 06:14 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

It won't be thinner, it'll have to add two new shoulder buttons below the L and R, and a new circle pad.
It'll be longer, thicker, and probably moulded like the circle pad pro.

I'm up for a bigger battery though.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

I'd only get a 3DS XL if they increased the screen resolution to an acceptable level, even as it is now with the smaller screens the resolution is definitely not doing justice to the potential of the games. Ever seen a Wii game running on the Dolphin emulator? Similar concept here.

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

Not necissarily a 3DS XL, but I would enjoy a new 3DS with: more modern appearance, slightly thinner, two extra shoulder buttons (next to the already existing ones, like the original Classic Controller), bigger screen (at least 4", most preferably more), better screen resolution, second slide pad.
No sig.

#9 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

I would hate it if Nintendo released a new 3DS...

#10 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

The only way I would be happy if there was a new 3DS, would be if that was about 2 years from now, no time closer.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#11 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

It won't be thinner, it'll have to add two new shoulder buttons below the L and R, and a new circle pad.
It'll be longer, thicker, and probably moulded like the circle pad pro.

I'm up for a bigger battery though.

Talking about batteries the answer is not bigger, but smaller. A titanium/carbon nanotube batterie can be smaller hold more power than the current one and charges way faster than normal batteries. Too bad we aren't able to mass produce these batteries yet, but we will soon. Nanotubes won't just help with batteries they can improve the other parts of out Gadgets too.

Edited by Cerberuz, 03 April 2012 - 08:43 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#12 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

I would hate it if Nintendo released a new 3DS...

get ready to hate them then cause its gonna happen

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Talking about batteries the answer is not bigger, but smaller. A titanium/carbon nanotube batterie can be smaller hold more power than the current one and charges way faster than normal batteries. Too bad we aren't able to mass produce these batteries yet, but we will soon. Nanotubes won't just help with batteries they can improve the other parts of out Gadgets too.

I meant bigger capacity.

I'm sure apple will put those betteries in their devices in a few years to justify another 2000 euro yearly upgrade. <3

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

I meant bigger capacity.

I'm sure apple will put those betteries in their devices in a few years to justify another 2000 euro yearly upgrade. <3

All companies can benefit from nanotube technology not just Apple, and I don't upgrade every year only idiots do that. Back to topic I don't want a bigger one.

LordPickleton.png

#15 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

All companies can benefit from nanotube technology not just Apple, and I don't upgrade every year only idiots do that. Back to topic I don't want a bigger one.

well how would you suggest modeling it with another circle pad.

Because if they make another one(im sure they will) and it doesnt have to circle pad's its going to seem pretty pointless.

Besides the unavoidable addition of a better battery

#16 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

I think I heard somewhere that Nintendo didnt plan on making another handheld for a while. But anyways I wouldnt get it because well I already have a 3DS and why should I pay another few hundred dollars for just a bigger screen and CPP built in. That is what I thought of the DSi XL too.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#17 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

I think I heard somewhere that Nintendo didnt plan on making another handheld for a while. But anyways I wouldnt get it because well I already have a 3DS and why should I pay another few hundred dollars for just a bigger screen and CPP built in. That is what I thought of the DSi XL too.

I believe I read the same thing in Nintendo Power.

by chance

#18 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

get ready to hate them then cause its gonna happen

Not for a long time.

#19 neverwinteru