• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

On the Wii U controller, there is a headphone jack. Is this for the sound that comes out of the TV? Or is it just the minor sounds that come out when playing some games?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

On the Wii U controller, there is a headphone jack. Is this for the sound that comes out of the TV? Or is it just the minor sounds that come out when playing some games?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not totally sure, but I'm pretty sure that it's for both (if it makes any sound) or the sound that comes out of the TV, because the TV sound is much more important, and I wouldn't put headphones on and partially or completely block out the TV's sounds just to hear occasional, not too important sounds.

#3 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

When your voice chating online it should come from your controller and the game noise from the TV. Their should be a switch from game to online.

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'm not totally sure, but I'm pretty sure that it's for both (if it makes any sound) or the sound that comes out of the TV, because the TV sound is much more important, and I wouldn't put headphones on and partially or completely block out the TV's sounds just to hear occasional, not too important sounds.

That's what I was thinking. Just having the sounds from the controller would be completely pointless. I am 99.9 percent sure this is the case.

When your voice chating online it should come from your controller and the game noise from the TV. Their should be a switch from game to online.

I think that is what it should be also.

#5 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

A double solution! Maybe there are options related to the sound heard from headphones that are or will be added. We can only request it and pray, I guess.

Edited by DanielAello, 06 April 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

A double solution! Maybe there are options related to the sound heard from headphones that are or will be added. We can only request it and pray, I guess.

It would be amazing to play a home console without the sound from the TV, no more having to turn down the volume! If this is what the headphone jack does. Just gotta wait till E3... (I am not patient!)

#7 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

This is a great controller because now everyone that has the Wii U will be able to talk to the people online since it has a mic. You can plug in any headphones to the controller for you to be the only one to hear the conversation or play late at night. Now you don't have to buy a headset just to communicate with people. The only problem now is hearing all those little kids playing Mario Kart which will start trash talking now at a very low age.

This is how it might be

LordPickleton.png

#8 BeyondSmash

BeyondSmash

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Well, remember when that person on E3 2011 changed the channel to baseball while the Wii U user was playing New Super Mario Bros? I heard sounds coming from the controller that'd be on the Wii U, so I'm positive you'll here the game(TV's sounds). :D

Edited by BeyondSmash, 07 April 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#9 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

It would be amazing to play a home console without the sound from the TV, no more having to turn down the volume! If this is what the headphone jack does. Just gotta wait till E3... (I am not patient!)

Same, this is the first E3 that I'm actually really looking forward to. It makes time go by so slowly T_T. It can possibly be added in a future Wii U update though, if it doesn't get announced during E3, so there will be hope for about 7 years, maybe? In conclusion, same here brah!

Well, remember when that person on E3 2011 changed the channel to baseball while the Wii U user was playing New Super Mario Bros? I heard sounds coming from the controller that'd be on the Wii U, so I positive you'll here the game(TV's sounds). :D

Ok, that makes it true. although we're still unsure about the minor sounds.

This is a great controller because now everyone that has the Wii U will be able to talk to the people online since it has a mic. You can plug in any headphones to the controller for you to be the only one to hear the conversation or play late at night. Now you don't have to buy a headset just to communicate with people. The only problem now is hearing all those little kids playing Mario Kart which will start trash talking now at a very low age.

True point, I have nothing to add to that, except lol at the little girl's troll face.

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

You guys all have solid points and helped me see the most likely thing that will happen.

Thanks! (brahs)

#11 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

You guys all have solid points and helped me see the most likely thing that will happen.

Thanks! (brahs)

Anytime brah! I learned a few things here as well, so thanks to you all as well.

Edited by DanielAello, 06 April 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#12 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Yah it could be for multiple reasons most likely for talking to friends though

Signature_Fox.png

#13 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, one of the main things, if not the main thing that I'll do with it. I'm glad that it'll be put to really good use in many ways.

#14 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

Yah it could be for multiple reasons most likely for talking to friends though

I just hope the developers aren't stupid like the iPhone and Android developers from all the apps that have multiplayer I have only came across one game that uses the phones mic to communicate with the other person you are playing with.

Edited by Cerberuz, 06 April 2012 - 08:33 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#15 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

I just hope the developers aren't stupid like the iPhone and Android developers from all the apps that have multiplayer I have only came across one game that uses the phones mic to communicate with the other person you are playing with.

Same here. I don't have much to add to that, except if that they really utilize everything that the Wii U can do in a lot of things, it could be an amazingly successful console.
In other words, if it's used to it's full potential.

Edited by DanielAello, 06 April 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#16 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm assuming it will be an output for sounds coming from the TV itself. Possibly an easy access headphone jack?
I dunno.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#17 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

I'm assuming it will be an output for sounds coming from the TV itself. Possibly an easy access headphone jack?
I dunno.

Yeah, basically.

#18 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

I see it like this, when you play your game on the controller all the sound can be heard. It will probable be used in voice chat as well.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#19 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

I see it like this, when you play your game on the controller all the sound can be heard. It will probable be used in voice chat as well.

yeah, and you can probably/hopefully separately adjust the volume of all applications that you're using.
EX: Use make Party Chat a little louder than your game.
Something kinda similar, at least.

Edited by DanielAello, 06 April 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#20 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Could be a substitute for the tv audio as you mentioned too which means no turtle beaches! :)

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!