• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Could be a substitute for the tv audio as you mentioned too which means no turtle beaches! :)

Indeed, although some like the sound-cancelling headphones, surround sound headphones.
It won't be a necessity at all though thanks to the new controller. ^^

#22 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

When your voice chating online it should come from your controller and the game noise from the TV. Their should be a switch from game to online.

Depending on your mic though. See, if you buy Turtle Beaches, you'll get the sound from the TV and people's voices into your mic.
But I could be wrong though if Nintendo does something like what hardcoreUfan said.

#23 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

That probably needs to be adujstable to be practical ... you don't want to take your tablet around the house while not listening the actual audio from the tv and the tablet. I suppose it might be limited to tablet only but when you switch the game video mode from primary to secondary the sound should switch as well.

You do want to take your tablet around the house and hear the audio from the tablet not the tv.
Posted Image

#24 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

The bad thing about the TV making sound is that people will hear every sound your TV makes, making it echo. Does the controller have a mute button? I need to check.

LordPickleton.png

#25 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hopefully good sound-cancellation technology.
I bet it will be adjustable, don't hold me accountable if it isn't though.
Anyways, on the PS3 it isn't (besides muting), but my USB headset makes it so that it is possible.

#26 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Let's hope the Audio-Out is louder than the 3DS'. I can barely hear my music on it!

The bad thing about the TV making sound is that people will hear every sound your TV makes, making it echo. Does the controller have a mute button? I need to check.

If your going the use the TV as your main screen then assume that all main audio feeds won't come out of the Wii U controller but rather the TV; only ambient sounds go through UPad, much like the Wii Remote.
However, if you use the Wii U controller as your main screen then all sounds would probably run through it's speakers.

I'm just assuming here so don't take my word for it.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!