• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'm saying if Vapple comes in Sony and Microsoft would also have to change.

i think Sony would defiantly change and it would prob be a bit drastic.

I know Microsoft would change somewhat but they usually don't care about what apple does so they would prob stay the same for the most part.

Meh, not interested in anything concerning Apple.

Why not?

#22 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

The Valve hardware crap gets worse and worse.
They're not making controllers, and they're not making consoles.

This is valve fanboy's dream fodder.
I am a valve fanboy, but I'd prefer them not to limit themselves to their own hardware.
What's great about Valve is that they don't really limit you.
Your PC can be what you want, Steam is DRM you don't really notice, and it's got really good community features and a kickface store to buy cheap games off.
I prefer them being third party.

haha. KICKFACE! ... that's awesome. I may have to borrow that one.

#23 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

Why not?

I just don't like their products. I hate them even more for their business ethics, specifically on how they treat their human resources.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#24 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#25 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

If true, it'd do nothing more than consoles currently do with a much higher price tag.

Lol yeah exactly.

Why would Apple make a console anyway? People already do "gaming" (read: play ridiculously stupid, small, pointless 'games') on iPhone with crappy touch controls (usually, games like Angry birds work fine). I don't think they could stand up to the other consoles, aside from the fact that they have a big mindless crew of fanboys.
No sig.

#26 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

I don't get what your trying to say.

I just think the market will change drastically if apple enters the market on a partnership with valve.

The hardware will likely blow most of the competition out of the water and with a full partnership with valve, support of a great developer will already be there.

I just think an apple/valve combo is a big deal if its true and will likely cause a change in the industry.

I doubt it. Apple's hardware never blows competition out of the water and I don't see why this would be any different. The Apple name does carry a lot of weight though. As for this rumor I'd say it's highly unlikely.
Posted Image

#27 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

I doubt it. Apple's hardware never blows competition out of the water and I don't see why this would be any different. The Apple name does carry a lot of weight though. As for this rumor I'd say it's highly unlikely.

Can you name 3 tablets as cheap or cheaper than the new ipad that is better hardware wise?

I just don't like their products. I hate them even more for their business ethics, specifically on how they treat their human resources.

completely understandable

#28 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

i have heard alot about that. what do they do to their human recources anyway? just wondering

Signature_Fox.png

#29 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Can you name 3 tablets as cheap or cheaper than the new ipad that is better hardware wise?

Cheaper was never brought into the equation. Besides, it's foolish to compare two tablets not in the same price range. Not to mention the only thing really spectacular about it is the screen resolution hardware wise. The thing Apple shines the most at is delivering a great user experience.

Edited by Blasty, 16 April 2012 - 03:40 PM.

Posted Image

#30 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

Cheaper was never brought into the equation. Besides, it's foolish to compare two tablets not in the same price range. Not to mention the only thing really spectacular about it is the screen resolution hardware wise. The thing Apple shines the most at is delivering a great user experience.

Price is always a factor in any equation that has to do with business. besides we were talking about apple compared to its competition and if they entered the gaming market i doubt they would be shy about having the most powerful hardware. and i clearly stated AS cheap OR cheaper than the ipad which means in the same price range or below. And considering you couldn't even name any other tablets, i stand by my statement.

Edited by That Guy, 16 April 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#31 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Price is always a factor in any equation that has to do with business. besides we were talking about apple compared to its competition and if they entered the gaming market i doubt they would be shy about having the most powerful hardware. and i clearly stated AS cheap OR cheaper than the ipad which means in the same price range or below. And considering you couldn't even name any other tablets, i stand by my statement.

Oh sorry, I missed the as cheap part. Anyway, the iPad doesn't blow the Transformer Prime out of the water. They best each other in different aspects. I don't keep up to date with the tablet market as I see no need for one. The other tablets I can name are last generation so it wouldn't be wise to compare them.My point still stands Apple pretty much never utterly destroys the competition hardware wise. Their key in the tablet and smartphone markets is their software.
Posted Image

#32 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Oh sorry, I missed the as cheap part. Anyway, the iPad doesn't blow the Transformer Prime out of the water. They best each other in different aspects. I don't keep up to date with the tablet market as I see no need for one. The other tablets I can name are last generation so it wouldn't be wise to compare them.My point still stands Apple pretty much never utterly destroys the competition hardware wise. Their key in the tablet and smartphone markets is their software.

Well honestly if apple entered the market by themselves i wouldn't expect that much from them but a full blown partnership with valve would make them a force to be reckoned with.

#33 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Well honestly if apple entered the market by themselves i wouldn't expect that much from them but a full blown partnership with valve would make them a force to be reckoned with.

I agree. Nice debating with you.
Posted Image

#34 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

I agree. Nice debating with you.

Good debate indeed :D

#35 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

What would they call it? iConsole?

Posted Image

#36 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

i have heard alot about that. what do they do to their human recources anyway? just wondering

Here's an article as an example;

http://www.guardian....ated-inhumanely

Edited by Joshua, 16 April 2012 - 10:26 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#37 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

<p>

<br />
What would they call it? iConsole?<br />

<br />
Isteam

#38 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

many companys have excessive overtime nothing new

Signature_Fox.png

#39 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

many companys have excessive overtime nothing new

Apple does not own Foxconn. Foxconn is just Apple's biggest supplier it's not Apple's fault that Foxconn is treating their employees like machines, and they are trying to make working conditions better.

I Agree with you Ufan many other companies do have the same problem or even worse. Since Apple is the most valuable company they want to get dirt on Apple to make them look bad.

Edited by Cerberuz, 18 April 2012 - 02:00 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

foxconn make stuff for Nintendo too, y'know.
You want stuff cheap but don't want to realise people suffer because of that?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!