• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Not a fat chance he's giving any info up on Wii U(NDA). The Ninjas are watching. I'm willing to bet money that it will be at E3 on Wii U.

#22 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

He saw the ninja when he said "not a"

LordPickleton.png

#23 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

POPULAR

Interviewer: Any chance of seeing Crysis 3 on Wii U?

Crytek Guy: Well, I won't say nev-Posted Image

:blink: not a fat chance Crysis 3 is coming to Wii U

*runs away*

Or this happened.

Posted Image

This could very well be. 720p? is that like a certain version of CryEngine 3 like the latest 3.4 version or it can only run CryEngine 3 at 720p period? It doesn't matter to me just curious.

It can run CryEngine 3 and support it's main features like lighting, bloom, bitmapping, textures, physics etc. It just won't have the frames per second or eye candy of the PC version (CryEngine was designed with pushing the PC to max in mind). It won't look as sexy as the PC version but it will look better than the 360/PS3 for sure and offer a solid framerate at 720p as opposed to 1080p on the PC.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#24 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Interviewer: Any chance of seeing Crysis 3 on Wii U?

Crytek Guy: Well, I won't say nev-Posted Image

:blink: not a fat chance Crysis 3 is coming to Wii U

*runs away*

Or this happened.

Posted Image

It can run CryEngine 3 and support it's main features like lighting, bloom, bitmapping, textures, physics etc. It just won't have the frames per second or eye candy of the PC version (CryEngine was designed with pushing the PC to max in mind). It won't look as sexy as the PC version but it will look better than the 360/PS3 for sure and offer a solid framerate at 720p as opposed to 1080p on the PC.

That must be it!!!
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#25 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

Either way I know Crytek will support Wii U in some way. Hope it is TimeSplitters!!!
Posted Image

#26 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=11563

There. Cheer up. Confirmed by both wsippel and IdeaMan. Crysis 3 can run on Wii U at 720p, if it misses out on Wii U it's not a hardware issue. It's an NDA issue where Crytek can't say anything until E3. Why do you think we haven't heard about anything Wii U wise from the big companies like EA or Ubisoft? (Killer Freaks updates have not happened since being revealed last E3)

Yeah I mean that it will probably run it at 2xAA and 720p with lower textures and a lower fps. Still awesome, but laughable compared to the PC version that will have high resolution textures, AF, 8xAA, 60fps, and true 1080p.

That makes no sense. The Wii U wouldn't stay at 720p and a low FPS like the previous gen. It should at least be able to do 1080p, 4xAA, and 40fps.

Posted Image

#27 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

That makes no sense. The Wii U wouldn't stay at 720p and a low FPS like the previous gen. It should at least be able to do 1080p, 4xAA, and 40fps.

He means it will be able to play the latests version of Cry Engine at 720p, the 360/PS3 can not support the latest version at 720p, I don't even know if they can support the latest version of 360/PS3 at all.

#28 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

He means it will be able to play the latests version of Cry Engine at 720p, the 360/PS3 can not support the latest version at 720p, I don't even know if they can support the latest version of 360/PS3 at all.

Good point. But I still think the Wii U has more power than people think it has. CryEngine 3 might be able to do 1080p 40fps.

Posted Image

#29 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

Several sites are reporting on this using the title "Fat Chance", but since that is not the entire quote, it leads many to think that it's not going to come to Wii U. By wording it as the guy actually said it, "Not a fat chance", there's room for doubt and the possibility that Crysis 3 could still be headed to Wii U.

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#30 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

Maybe Nintendo rejected Origin on Wii U and EA is now butthurt?
It's a possibility. Or maybe it could just be that stupid NDA.

That was never going to happen in the first place, Nintendo is providing their own online system with NiN, all EA have done is give their suggestions as to how the online system should work, just like valve.

It's probably going to work more like the android google play marketplace, where developers can set their own prices for their content.

Anyway, it's obviously just the guy working his way round an NDA, I've had to sign NDA's before and although technically you don't have to stick by them, you'll get seriously reprimanded if you don't (no more deals etc), I've never gone against one.

Edited by Stulaw90, 25 April 2012 - 02:59 AM.

#31 DigitalGreenTea

DigitalGreenTea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Fox

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

I guess they just detest money. Their loss.

Or this happened.

Posted Image

That was pure gold! LOL!

Edited by DigitalGreenTea, 25 April 2012 - 03:12 AM.

Posted Image

DGT - The Nintendo Enthusiast

#32 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

Im going to wait for E3 and then we will know if nintendo has kept its promise and as well as there inhouse game we will finally get to play big 3rd party games from big devs. If nintendo dont make this happen my 3ds will be my last nintendo purchase until the conpany gets rid of its old management and gets inline with the modern gaming world. I hope they blow me away !

#33 Dant

Dant

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=166249

http://kotaku.com/58...ield-3-on-steam

http://www.destructo...-u-226413.phtml

Coincidence?

#34 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

Dare I say that Nintendo have costed the hardware as we approach launch time and now the specification is set in stone and is now quite low performance for its release date. Developers now know the final hardware and are weighing up more accurately now what the console is capable of. Hence now its been decided Crysis 3 won't be possible on it but previously may have been on development hardware. Lets say originally the cpu was capable of anywhere from 2ghz to 3.5ghz with 2 to 6 cores but now has been costed to just 2 cores for example. Maybe the memory was going to be from 768M to 1.5GB but is now certain to be 768M.

I don't know its only guesswork but weren't Nintendo under a lot of pressure to make a console to retail for $299 or less to have a viable chance of success and they can only achieve this by careful costing of the product.

#35 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=166249

http://kotaku.com/58...ield-3-on-steam

http://www.destructo...-u-226413.phtml

Coincidence?

Isn't it obvious that the origin thing was guesswork? Everything will go through Nintendo Network and the e-Shop and that's that.

None of the companies can say anything, and the media are trying to twist as much news and negativity as possible to get views, that's also incredibly obvious.

#36 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Move the video to 5:20 .... Maybe because nintendo didnt accepted origin, they mock it now, he says " NOT EVEN A CHANCE", then he tries to calm down his statement, by saying " its not in our plans".. lol.. anyhow.. Crysis 2 was not that good, if crysis 3 is like crisis 1... I may felt sad about it.. But if its like crysis 2... I dont care if it comes or not.. lol It will end up only to run a crysis benchmark (freeware), instead of buying it in any platform (pc or wii U)

Edited by Orion, 25 April 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Several sites are reporting on this using the title "Fat Chance", but since that is not the entire quote, it leads many to think that it's not going to come to Wii U. By wording it as the guy actually said it, "Not a fat chance", there's room for doubt and the possibility that Crysis 3 could still be headed to Wii U.

I suggest you watch the video version of the interview before spreading posts like this around other places you visit.

Dare I say that Nintendo have costed the hardware as we approach launch time and now the specification is set in stone and is now quite low performance for its release date. Developers now know the final hardware and are weighing up more accurately now what the console is capable of. Hence now its been decided Crysis 3 won't be possible on it but previously may have been on development hardware. Lets say originally the cpu was capable of anywhere from 2ghz to 3.5ghz with 2 to 6 cores but now has been costed to just 2 cores for example. Maybe the memory was going to be from 768M to 1.5GB but is now certain to be 768M.

I don't know its only guesswork but weren't Nintendo under a lot of pressure to make a console to retail for $299 or less to have a viable chance of success and they can only achieve this by careful costing of the product.

You don't make money by cutting out a chip you paid millions on research and development partnerships with IBM to get.
It's a go-ram time constraint issue. Games don't appear from nowhere.

Edited by Nollog, 25 April 2012 - 07:55 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

u cant seriously believe nintendo is going to make the wii u less powerful than the ps360?!?! thats absolutely ridiculous.
Posted Image

#39 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

I'd like to point out what has been said before: when something is a fat chance, I believe, it's like it won't happen. But the guy said NOT a fat chance, so that would make a big chance right? Or it's just NDA.
No sig.

#40 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

u cant seriously believe nintendo is going to make the wii u less powerful than the ps360?!?! thats absolutely ridiculous.

Clearly if you have any understanding on how Nintendo have operated previously you wouldn't have written that. However that said my main believe if the gpu is going to be weaker, It will have more memory than both ps3/360 and a better optical drive than 360. I'm hopeful the cpu power will be greater but I'm expecting the gpu to be weaker in some regards mainly in polygon output, texturing, lighting etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!