• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Clearly if you have any understanding on how Nintendo have operated previously you wouldn't have written that. However that said my main believe if the gpu is going to be weaker, It will have more memory than both ps3/360 and a better optical drive than 360. I'm hopeful the cpu power will be greater but I'm expecting the gpu to be weaker in some regards mainly in polygon output, texturing, lighting etc.

Xbox 360 is 2004 hardware, PS3 is 2005 hardware, do you really think it would be hard for the Wii U which is 2011 hardware to destory those hardware?.

#42 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Xbox 360 is 2004 hardware, PS3 is 2005 hardware, do you really think it would be hard for the Wii U which is 2011 hardware to destory those hardware?.

These people will believe anything I guess they are trying to lower their expectations, so when E3 comes out they will be really amazed at what it can do, or they are stupid and know nothing about hardware.

LordPickleton.png

#43 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Wouldn't Xbox be 2005 hardware and PS3 2006 hardware?

Posted Image

#44 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Clearly if you have any understanding on how Nintendo have operated previously you wouldn't have written that. However that said my main believe if the gpu is going to be weaker, It will have more memory than both ps3/360 and a better optical drive than 360. I'm hopeful the cpu power will be greater but I'm expecting the gpu to be weaker in some regards mainly in polygon output, texturing, lighting etc.

ok now im insulted, cos ive been with nintendo since the NES and i know a decent amount about specs. not only that but im not a silly pony, u need to wake up and realise nintendo isnt stupid. tech is NOT the reason crysis probably isnt coming
Posted Image

#45 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

No because the year it releases they just have to tweak it to be perfect.

#46 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Crysis 3 use's DX11(microsoft).NINTENDO is not going to pay for anything Microsoft

#47 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Crysis 3 use's DX11(microsoft).NINTENDO is not going to pay for anything Microsoft

How does that tie into the topic ?
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#48 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Not quite. Those are the Xbox 360 and PS3's release years. The tech inside them is probably the previous years' tech.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#49 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

How does that tie into the topic ?

Are you kidding?I've said it many times before, Nintendo won't pay licensing fees to Microsoft. DX11 designed by Microsoft(the One's who make Xbox). Crysis 3 is using DX11. Get what I'm saying. Nintendo takes it's beef seriously. They won't pay Microsoft/Crisis 3 will have some sort of Microsoft/DX11 logo during the credits of the game. Can you imagine beating Crisis 3 on Wii U, and then watching A Microsoft/DX11 logo show during the credits...NO! Nintendo can't imagine seeing it either. That's how it ties into the topic Homie!

Edited by Gameboysoadvance, 26 April 2012 - 02:52 AM.

#50 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

Are you kidding?I've said it many times before, Nintendo won't pay licensing fees to Microsoft. DX11 designed by Microsoft(the One's who make Xbox). Crysis 3 is using DX11. Get what I'm saying. Nintendo takes it's beef seriously. They won't pay Microsoft/Crisis 3 will have some sort of Microsoft/DX11 logo during the credits of the game. Can you imagine beating Crisis 3 on Wii U, and then watching A Microsoft/DX11 logo show during the credits...NO! Nintendo can't imagine seeing it either. That's how it ties into the topic Homie!

Playstation doesn't use Direct X, it uses a variant of Open Gl and it still has Crysis 3.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#51 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

sucks for them

you can hold for dear hope on the double negative though
:laugh:

#52 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

Playstation doesn't use Direct X, it uses a variant of Open Gl and it still has Crysis 3.

Rumors(and I know there just rumors) has it that the xbox720 will use bluray(Sony owns the most patents and receives more money for licensing fees) and the PS4 will be utilize DX11(Microsoft license). Maybe the to companies have some kind of tech swap agreement. Idk I just know that Crytek is big on graphics. DX11 is the shiznits right now for developers. If they feel that DX11 will make their game superior graphically(which they do), then Crytek is going with DX11. If Nintendo could get them to do the game utilizing someother middleware that is that produces same quality visually I still don't think that Crytek would start from scratch on another system. Nintendo is not going to pay licensing fees to Microsoft for use of DX11. Sony may have already nogotiated some kind of a deal. It's easier to port a game if they are all using they same API(at least I think).

#53 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

the game doesn't REQUIRE the use of DX11, it is simply built to take advantage of the features afforded by DX11 on PC. It also gets a lot of performance out of GL-based APIs such as that on the PS3 (though I admit that the porting wasn't as good for that platform)... and it COULD be built to get significantly MORE performance out of the WiiU's hardware than out of the other two consoles, one would presume (either by using APIs provided in Nintendo's dev kits or by writing their own hardware coding).

bottom line, crytek LIKES to build games that push the limits... . wiiU won't give them this opportunity to push into undiscovered territory when compared to the horizons offered by PC development, and it won't YET (unlike xbox/ps) fulfill the other possible business motivation of assured profits to offset the cost of porting. if it won't push them (what they want), and they can't even be sure that it will bring in money (what they and their publishers need)... then what is their motivation to make it happen?

#54 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

The GPU weaker than the current gen? Are you kidding me? That would make it dirt cheap and outclassed by the next generation. Nintendo is moving forward with the Wii U. Thye have already stated that they want to lure the core crowd back AND that it won't be cheap. The rushed Zelda Wii U demo showed that the Wii U is capable of great power.

Posted Image

#55 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

But is the Wii U hardware really 2011? I believe parts of it already origine from 2009 (probably the rumoured parts of specs tho)
No sig.

#56 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Desert punk are u serious? Weaker gpu?? than gtx7900 and ATI xt1900??? are u kidding me? with less than xbox 360 48 unified shaders? (PS3 have older technology card, without cuda or shaders..)? You must be joking. Wii U, will have equal or better gpu than the leaked XBOX720.. the only difference with 720, if its true, that comes with an APU instead of a cpu.. it will have dual gpu with 400 shaders each in crossfire. due to heat and power consumption. And doesnt matter if xbox is older than ps3, it has better cpu than ps3 in terms of REAL performance..

So Nintendo must give a more powerful single gpu to be competitive. About 550-600 unified shaders... A single and slightly more powerful gpu, is much better than 2x weaker gpus, in terms of performance.

And guys, this phenomenon is very wide in the US... I made a post in bethesda (skyrim, etc games), asking a question about pc skyrim version of the game... But the conversation soon transformed, to a console war (lol lol lol)..

Everybody inside there, believe than wii U is less powerful than 360 and ps3.. I believe its a marketing propaganda by american companies (microsoft), to fight nintendo.. or else it cannot be explained.. I gave them my speculation and the facts we know from IBM, and they didnt knew anything of all this.. they believe what the anonymous tells them... So its a fact that americans, are bombard by anonymous competitors of nintendo.. They live in the dark.

Americans love anonymity and terrorism, blood, mystery, stuff like that.. we dont.. lol

Its nintendos fault after all.. They always keep a distance from announcing specs and such a things, that hardcore gamers NEED... So basically they allow this rumors to take place.

Edited by Orion, 26 April 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#57 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

But is the Wii U hardware really 2011? I believe parts of it already origine from 2009 (probably the rumoured parts of specs tho)

There either 2010-2011 specs.

#58 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

There either 2010-2011 specs.

So that would mean a 5-year jump in tech compared to Xbox 360. Well, that's a bigger jump then the I don't know, 3-4 year jump from Xbox - Xbox 360 so it's still good I guess. I just don't think it will hold perfectly up with other upcoming consoles (but difference won't be that big)
No sig.

#59 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

it will, because nintendo is more user friendly, with what the others want to do with their DRM systems.. So if they dare to add online drm systems in their machines, simply they fail. Also nintendo is more mature company to give an excellent built quality console, if we consider what happened with xbox and the rest, red and yellow rings of death, etc...

So if we forget the specs for a while, this 2 reasons, give a HUGE plus to nintendo alone.

And something totally different from the console market, but it may saw us, that wii U, WILL NOT HAVE A 4XXX series card inside.

AMD officially announced that they stop supporting 4xxx and some other products... Do you believe if nintendo choose 4xxx series, Amd should stop supporting them at the same time?? Read this... http://www.phoronix....t_legacy2&num=1

R770 is included... in the AMDs black list... That makes me believe, that nintendo indeed changed to something newer... 5xxx or 6xxx card

Edited by Orion, 26 April 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#60 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Many Americans love anonymity and terrorism, blood, mystery, stuff like that.. we dont.. lol

Fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!