Photo

Wii U Console Redesign

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

I thought it was already confirmed that this isn't the final design and that would be shown off at E3 this year.

#22 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

I thought it was already confirmed that this isn't the final design and that would be shown off at E3 this year.

True, but do you really think changes will be that big?
No sig.

#23 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Yes I do. It will look totally different mark my words on that one.

#24 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

I think it will be redesigned. The current Wii U is basically a longer, rounder Wii. Plus E3 was more of an unveiling of the controller, so the console looks like it was sort of just "thrown together' for E3, so I hope it is atleast slightley redesigned(hopes for black color option and matte finish).

#25 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

I need it to be bigger, and give me more confidence for its power. Bigger makes me believe, that it has great cooling system, expandable.. etc.. Wii was very weak, thats why nintendo have the versatility to give a sleek console.

Edited by Orion, 25 April 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#26 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Yes I do. It will look totally different mark my words on that one.

Why? Because I don't think so.
No sig.

#27 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Why? Because I don't think so.

I have to say i agree with tron. i see that it will be likely because the current design is just an elongated wii which just seems far to similar considering there is a rumored name change.

#28 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

I have to say i agree with tron. i see that it will be likely because the current design is just an elongated wii which just seems far to similar considering there is a rumored name change.

Yes but name change is a RUMOR. I agree that if they change the name to something that well, doesn't contain Wii, they should completely redesign it. But I think, the reason it's rumored, is because a lot of people WANT it to be renamed. That is where I think this rumor comes from. But if it will stay "Wii U", yeah the design is basically perfect.
No sig.

#29 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

Yea i agree i honestly think that the wiiu name needs to be changed if they truly want it to become its own brand.

#30 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Caring what the system looks like....Little shallow are we? Its whats on the inside that counts and what games are in its future. Its looks does nothing excpet please each persons taste in a "sexy console" It could have a big fluffy pink bunny on it. I DONT CARE. I just want one. Current design is fine.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#31 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Caring what the system looks like....Little shallow are we? Its whats on the inside that counts and what games are in its future. Its looks does nothing excpet please each persons taste in a "sexy console" It could have a big fluffy pink bunny on it. I DONT CARE. I just want one. Current design is fine.

The majority cares. This is forum and a great topic.

#32 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Well if you know anything about me you know almost all of the time im in the minority.

The majority cares. This is forum and a great topic.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#33 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

From Nintendo, creators of the Gamecube, comes...

The Gamepyramid! Coming to your living room in 2012.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#34 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

From Nintendo, creators of the Gamecube, comes...

The Gamepyramid! Coming to your living room in 2012.

Also, from the creators of the Gamecube comes..
GameBox!
Oh wait...

#35 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Also, from the creators of the Gamecube comes..
GameBox!
Oh wait...

Sorry, but Apple is already launching iBox

Posted Image

LordPickleton.png

#36 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

The Gamesphere.
So powerful, you need a stand to keep it still.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#37 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Well I dont really care how it looks because I dont go WOW DEH WII U LOOKZ SO AWSHOME AND BAD ASS IMA GET ONE! Wait what does it do agian? I think that they will buy it for its power and games. And yeah I do agree with Tron it does look a little plain and I wouldnt mind any change at all.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#38 Generic Hero

Generic Hero

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • NNID:GenericHero
  • Fandom:
    Star Trek

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

The Gamesphere.
So powerful, you need a stand to keep it still.

I'm pretty sure Drake and Josh had that.
Posted Image

Woe is I, who haft been unprepared. I hath entered a sanctuary of forbidden to the eyes of men. 

My eyes shall burn with the images of that which I had seen. Far beyond my comprehension, a ritual. I hath seen them dance and sing.

For they danced and sang with a passion no longer held by my kind. And when such ritual hath concluded I was awakened to the meaning of it all.

I was enlightened to passion of the other kind. finally, I sayth to myself.

"Mine being hath been prepared"

#39 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

The most redesign they will do is minor aethestic changes. Perhaps they will make the Wii U more appealing when standing vertical? Maybe add a couple of curves and lights here and there. As for the tablet, that is where the major redesign can happen. Will it get analog sticks, analog triggers or both? Will it get different button placement, speaker placement or will they up rez the touchscreen to 720p? Who knows? Maybe they will change the logo and go back to their "Red" Nintendo logo and add some red lines and lights here and there to differentiate it from the blue and white Wii. We shall see.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#40 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

The most redesign they will do is minor aethestic changes. Perhaps they will make the Wii U more appealing when standing vertical? Maybe add a couple of curves and lights here and there. As for the tablet, that is where the major redesign can happen. Will it get analog sticks, analog triggers or both? Will it get different button placement, speaker placement or will they up rez the touchscreen to 720p? Who knows? Maybe they will change the logo and go back to their "Red" Nintendo logo and add some red lines and lights here and there to differentiate it from the blue and white Wii. We shall see.

I just know that E3 can't get here fast enough. I'm really just hoping for a few minor changes. Not knowing is killing me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!