• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

I knew it was more than just $180 inside the box.

http://www.gonintend...story&id=176198

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

does the word analyst mean nothing to u? analyst is another word for attention seeking silly pony. they dont know what theyre talking about!!! this is nothing to go buy. (however i also am sceptical about he whole $180 rumour)
Posted Image

#3 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hey what about that dumb scare that the Vita was going to crush the 3DS and the 3DS was doomed to begin with? I mean this is pretty much the same thing and lets see who is wining now. So just dont pay attention to what any of these trolls say.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#4 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

There was a new rumor stating the Upad is more pricy then we think, which would hit everything Forgot the Box said.

#5 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

*Comment removed by the US Goverment*

Edited by Cerberuz, 25 April 2012 - 02:48 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

"Nintendo has to deal with the change and let Mario games be played on non-Nintendo devices. I think it will take at least couple of years to see that." - Nanako Imazu

Mario games sell just fine without being on iDevices. Totally threw his credibility away when he said that. Ignore him.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

"Nintendo has to deal with the change and let Mario games be played on non-Nintendo devices. I think it will take at least couple of years to see that." - Nanako Imazu

Mario games sell just fine without being on iDevices. Totally threw his credibility away when he said that. Ignore him.

I'm pretty sure they never had credibility in the first place, they're analysts.

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

I'm pretty sure they never had credibility in the first place, they're analysts.

I seriously should become a video game analyst. I can give better 'predictions' than any other analyst out there any dang day. -.-

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Lol. This analyst fails.

If it costs $180 in raw materials then that's good. You also need to add labour, assembly, packaging, shipping, etc.

Those put together is roughly $200 to make. Add wholesaler and retail markup and you get around $299.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#10 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Well now i dont have to read the article lol thanks i hate these idiotic D bags calling themselves analysts . There credibility is so low it makes me sick

Signature_Fox.png

#11 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Bad analyst is bad.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

If this guy calls himself an analyst, I'm master analyst.

Which means, speculator.
No sig.

#13 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

What he's trying to say is that the Wii U is expensive. People can't afford expensive tech these days. They (Nintendo) will have to sell it for $350 just to break even. Not turn a profit. Just break even. Earlier rumors were saying that the Wii U contained $180 worth of parts and Nintendo was selling it for $300 just to screw customers and turn a profit. However, the analyst here is saying that the Wii U is more expensive the others are suggesting, and in order to break even would have to sell at a higher price. This is good and bad. It means Wii U is not cheap Hardware(good), but, if Nintendo do decide to be profitable from day one, we're looking at a $400-450 launch price(bad).

Well now i dont have to read the article lol thanks i hate these idiotic D bags calling themselves analysts . There credibility is so low it makes me sick

Some of you guys are young, under 18 and it shows. Sega and Atari both make video games. No hardware, just games. I'm in my mid-30's and have been around during the rule of Atari and the launch of the two greatest systems ever. NES and Gameboy. I watch Atari,Sega,NeoGeo(all 100 versions) and many others fall only to see Nintendo walk a the Champ time after time. Fast forward to Smartphone/tablet era and I'm starting to see Nintendo stumble. Sony and Microsoft didn't cause this. There becoming victims themselves. Everyone(except Apple) knows that console gaming is 1000x better than smartphone/tablet gaming. You can't even compare the two experiences together. However, Apple does realize that there's more people with .99 cents-$4.99 than there are people with $45-$60. When people by an app or game .99 cents big companies(Nintendo,Sony,Microsoft) see it as someone taking a dollar off their $45 dollar game making the value of the game lower. The more everyone buys cheap apps the more the companies lose out. That's why more games are sitting longer on the store shelves. That's a big part of the reason Nintendo is taking such a big loss recently. Nintendo may have the answer with it's new WiiPad this time though. But, imagine if Nintendo were to release some of their IP's as smartphone/tablet apps like Sonic. This would seriouly generate large amounts of cash for Nintendo and introduce new gamers to Nintendo's brand. I'm not talking about make games for Sony and Microsoft. Just portable apps of some of their older IP's for smartphones and tablets. It's a win win situation. Alot of times tradition and pride holds Nintendo to their stubborn posistion. Apps are a well missed opportunity for Nintendo.

#14 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

The moment I read the part about how they think Mario needs to go to other platforms is the moment that I knew this was total garbage! :P

Also, I remember reading somewhere about Nintendo's "financial woes" and how it is not as big a deal as some are reporting it to be. Aside from the hiccup of the 3DS launch and less-then-expected Wii sales, it's also important to consider that they are investing quite heavily in Wii U development and games, completely revamping their online network, closing deals with major media companies to gain more content on their system, hiring high profile developers, etc. and this all cost money. But I really don't think that they'll have to sell Wii U at a high price point just to recoup lost money from the past months. In fact, they are already recuperating a bit and may soon start selling 3DS at a profit. And then there is their huge money reserves.

As I stated earlier in a different thread, I strongly believe that Nintendo is going to sell Wii U for $319.99 USD. Selling it for something like $329.99 seems a bit too close to the $350 mark and might turn some consumers away, at least during the launch. Selling it for $299.99 might sound good to the consumers but I don't think that Nintendo is willing to take that much of a lose.

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

Yeah seems legit ^
No sig.

#16 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

Some of you guys are young, under 18 and it shows. Sega and Atari both make video games. No hardware, just games. I'm in my mid-30's and have been around during the rule of Atari and the launch of the two greatest systems ever. NES and Gameboy. I watch Atari,Sega,NeoGeo(all 100 versions) and many others fall only to see Nintendo walk a the Champ time after time. Fast forward to Smartphone/tablet era and I'm starting to see Nintendo stumble. Sony and Microsoft didn't cause this. There becoming victims themselves. Everyone(except Apple) knows that console gaming is 1000x better than smartphone/tablet gaming. You can't even compare the two experiences together. However, Apple does realize that there's more people with .99 cents-$4.99 than there are people with $45-$60. When people by an app or game .99 cents big companies(Nintendo,Sony,Microsoft) see it as someone taking a dollar off their $45 dollar game making the value of the game lower. The more everyone buys cheap apps the more the companies lose out. That's why more games are sitting longer on the store shelves. That's a big part of the reason Nintendo is taking such a big loss recently. Nintendo may have the answer with it's new WiiPad this time though. But, imagine if Nintendo were to release some of their IP's as smartphone/tablet apps like Sonic. This would seriouly generate large amounts of cash for Nintendo and introduce new gamers to Nintendo's brand. I'm not talking about make games for Sony and Microsoft. Just portable apps of some of their older IP's for smartphones and tablets. It's a win win situation. Alot of times tradition and pride holds Nintendo to their stubborn posistion. Apps are a well missed opportunity for Nintendo.

If Nintendo doens'nt want to release their IPs as apps because their stance is that those mobile devices are not legitimate gaming devices. Putting Mario on their platform would legitimize their platform as a gaming platform. I mean, the best selling franchise of all time on another system would definately give the iOS/Android gaming cred, which could eventually cannibalize their own hardware sales, which would result in few software sales.

That's what I believe to be Nintendo's reasoning.

As far as increasing their profitibility, I agree with you, Gameboysoadvance. I believe that if Nintendo made a legitimate Mario game for iOS and Android, with a reasonable budget, it would easliy be the best selling app of all time. I'm talking put Angry Birds to shame (individual game downloads, not total franchise). I mean, who the hell wouldn't buy a Mario game for 99 cents and at least try it out? Especially if it gets good journalist reviews and user reviews. It's a great opportunity that Nintendo sees no doubt, but they are worried about how it will effect their own hardware business. I agree with you about the extra exposure it would give their franchises. That is an excellent point. I'm just trying to delve into the minds of Nintendo.

Edited by Fig, 26 April 2012 - 05:28 AM.

#17 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

If Nintendo doens'nt want to release their IPs as apps because their stance is that those mobile devices are not legitimate gaming devices. Putting Mario on their platform would legitimize their platform as a gaming platform. I mean, the best selling franchise of all time on another system would definately give the iOS/Android gaming cred, which could eventually cannibalize their own hardware sales, which would result in few software sales.

That's what I believe to be Nintendo's reasoning.

As far as increasing their profitibility, I agree with you, Gameboysoadvance. I believe that if Nintendo made a legitimate Mario game for iOS and Android, with a reasonable budget, it would easliy be the best selling app of all time. I'm talking put Angry Birds to shame (individual game downloads, not total franchise). I mean, who the hell wouldn't buy a Mario game for 99 cents and at least try it out? Especially if it gets good journalist reviews and user reviews. It's a great opportunity that Nintendo sees no doubt, but they are worried about how it will effect their own hardware business. I agree with you about the extra exposure it would give their franchises. That is an excellent point. I'm just trying to delve into the minds of Nintendo.

Exactly. .99 cent Mario app would make history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!