#42 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

Hey, I think I k.o.d you more badly than I can on linux vs. Windows, specially since its using the public best vs. Future better model

never played pokemon cept for pokemon original yellow, and every scroller title after I want to break in half.

you can say its not wrong and under standards of *cough* normal titles we get, but they are recurring and even more they could have done major upgrades or a different game altogether, the lack of work that is put in before $50 dollers are drained on a 4/5 title is just sad and money-stricting

here's the set-up, someone makes a different story on the same render engine and calls it a AAA title, weird places like g4 support the hell out of it, and use the hype to get money on recurring titles, then there's people like you that call it a normal title and do not give a splunk how much effort was actually put in for that game.

also, do not reference other titles or series, they just go on the same wagon instead of helping your argument.

this has gone on so much that I can truthfully analyze the next title will be the same basis

Edited by uh20, 04 May 2012 - 05:21 AM.

:laugh:

#43 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

Im confused by half of your post as it really makes little sense to me on what we are talking about lol.

So seeing as though you say they could add major upgrades tell me what more could you possibly add to that game?(blops)

Why would they bother making A SEQUEL a different game altogether? Then it wouldn't be a SEQUEL. see what im getting at here?

World at war had at least and 6-8 hour campaign, multiplayer and zombies.

Black ops then added a entirely new campaign at least 6 hours, two zombie maps from the beginning of your purchase an in game old style rpg via the main menu pc, a twin stick shooter mini game,and on top of that multiplayer.

Please i would LOVE to know what developer would be capable of creating an entirely new engine on top of including all of the things i previously stated on an 18 month dev cycle

And i will continue using Pokemon as an comparison because it gets praised all the time(not to say that its a bad game) when games like call of duty that also come out on a yearly basis get so much flak because people who aren't even affected by the series want to be cool kids and hate the stereotypical "Dude-bro shooter".

Im tired of it. Its annoying seriously.

#44 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

Im confused by half of your post as it really makes little sense to me on what we are talking about lol.

So seeing as though you say they could add major upgrades tell me what more could you possibly add to that game?(blops)

Why would they bother making A SEQUEL a different game altogether? Then it wouldn't be a SEQUEL. see what im getting at here?

World at war had at least and 6-8 hour campaign, multiplayer and zombies.

Black ops then added a entirely new campaign at least 6 hours, two zombie maps from the beginning of your purchase an in game old style rpg via the main menu pc, a twin stick shooter mini game,and on top of that multiplayer.

Please i would LOVE to know what developer would be capable of creating an entirely new engine on top of including all of the things i previously stated on an 18 month dev cycle

And i will continue using Pokemon as an comparison because it gets praised all the time(not to say that its a bad game) when games like call of duty that also come out on a yearly basis get so much flak because people who aren't even affected by the series want to be cool kids and hate the stereotypical "Dude-bro shooter".

Im tired of it. Its annoying seriously.

The reason why I don't care much for Call of Duty isn't so much as I think the game or "Dude-bro shooters" are bad, but rather the influence it's had on the industry. For example, the producer of the Resident Evil series has stated that the reason that more recent titles in the series such as Resident Evil 5 and Operation Raccoon City have been more action based rather than sticking to the traditional Resident Evil survival horror style, is because he wants it to sell as much as Call of Duty and other "Dude-bro shooters". While I admit a good portion of that is stupidity on his own part, I feel that it would help if CoD got knocked down to size a bit.

So basically, I don't really hate the games; I just wish other developers would ignore them.
Posted Image

#45 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

While i do agree with you andy its like you said its mostly the developers fault.

The fact that some developers are willing to compromise what made their game's unique in the first place in favor of sales figures that another franchise manages to put up, just shows that those developers are just as a greedy as activision.

Edited by That Guy, 05 May 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#46 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

I was reading this Article, and I saw this:

"I think games like Call of Duty need new console hardware - developers are working with seven-year-old technology"

I don't see why they need new hardware since they don't take full advantage of what the current seven-year-old hardware can do. When they do get the new hardware I know they will not take full advantage of what the hardware can do.

LordPickleton.png

#47 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

"I think games like Call of Duty need new console hardware - developers are working with seven-year-old technology"

I don't see why they need new hardware since they don't take full advantage of what the current seven-year-old hardware can do. When they do get the new hardware I know they will not take full advantage of what the hardware can do.

They may not take full add the consoles they have but then again what developer on a 18 month cycle has the time to create a new engine for a game series while coming up with an entirely new game at the same time.

#48 Hmilne08

Hmilne08

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

im only getting it if its on wii u

#49 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

This probably be my stance on this as well?
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#50 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Its all but confirmed at this point.

I'm pretty sure its coming treyarch has been really supportive of Nintendo in the past.

#51 Goddarnyoupople

Goddarnyoupople

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

I want to know and be sure that WiiU will do DLCS also because so many people liked the Black ops on Wii I mean i liked it for sure and to be honest i was taking it back so i can get mw3 which is a great game too (im not too picky on shooter for wii) and it gave me more than all ps3 and 360 would give me.
I may have went off topic a bit but its true.... no hate :(

#52 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

I want to know and be sure that WiiU will do DLCS also because so many people liked the Black ops on Wii I mean i liked it for sure and to be honest i was taking it back so i can get mw3 which is a great game too (im not too picky on shooter for wii) and it gave me more than all ps3 and 360 would give me.
I may have went off topic a bit but its true.... no hate :(

the Wii u will be able to handle dlc for sure.

#53 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

I am a fan of CoD, it's a good game to play however the idea of believing it has ruined the industry can't solely blamed on that franchise. The franchise is just there beause it makes money, should we blame the game series or the players that only play two games, Madden/Fifa and CoD. Who really is at fault here? That these gamers can't try something new or that a franchise can't change paradigms. IMO Call of Duty pretty much got big because people weren't good at Halo, that's my opinion anyway.

Dissapointing thing is that mass audience aren't very good at the game.

#54 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

Fully agree
No sig.

#55 Goddarnyoupople

Goddarnyoupople

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

the Wii u will be able to handle dlc for sure.

Thank god! I wasnt truely sure about it... xD

#56 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

How long until Call of Duty turns to this.

Spoiler

Edited by Cerberuz, 28 May 2012 - 07:17 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#57 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

How long until Call of Duty turns to this.

Spoiler

we have bullet storm for that.

call of duty will never get to that point.

#58 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

The lame thing is: people are already accusing it of being more than the same. While I agree that the graphics just don't look good, this is really naive of the gaming community. I mean, we have seen like, NO gameplay. At all. NO gameplay. In fact, everything is pointing towards a change. People wanted change? Well they got it, and now they aren't statisfied. Having walking tanks is really a big change compared to 50s vehicles.

I'm no COD fan by the way (though I played Black Ops, and play other games of the series at my friends consoles, and enjoy it) so I'm not searching for a reason to defend the franchise. I'm just pointing out the naivity of the gaming community nowadays, which really bothers me.
No sig.

#59 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

we have bullet storm for that.

call of duty will never get to that point.

Thinking COD will turn too that is just wrong, it's like saying Nintendo will turn too a baby company.

#60 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

yea unlike the common misconception, cod is actually steadily improving with each installment that treyarch develop's.

Infinity ward not so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!