#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=15682

Originally Posted by bgassassin: Posted Image
We're getting info stating two Upads will work in the other thread.

I was hoping they'd post the other part before linking it here, but yeah.
Seems that he Wii U will support two controllers at once.

Great news day for Wii U!.

#2 KennGalaxy

KennGalaxy

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

All this news today seems almost overwhelming considering the complete lack of news the past couple of months. I'm glad we're getting it though, these little tidbits of info make me that much more excited for E3.

I think 2 Upads is good enough considering that these controllers are draining power from the console. Online multiplayer is where it's at these days anyway.

Edited by KennGalaxy, 19 May 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#3 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

Nintendo Ninja's Strike Again! The tweet has been removed and his twitter profile no longer says where he works lol. https://twitter.com/...939010610085888

I think it's safe to say he is dead (see: fired, terminated, metaphorically dead, etc.)

He took one for the team. God bless him for leaking this!

Him getting fired and the pic removed confirms this is a real photo and not a fake.

All this news today seems almost overwhelming considering the complete lack of news the past couple of months. I'm glad we're getting it though, these little tidbits of info make me that much more excited for E3.

I think 2 Upads is good enough considering that these controllers are draining power from the console. Online multiplayer is where it's at these days anyway.

Well let's look at it this way. This gen, how many times did you have 4+ ppl over playing your Wii? I had it happen maybe a handful of times since 2006. Most of the time it was 2 player co-op or online play. The days of local multiplayer is dead, and online killed it. 2 WiiPad's is enough.

Edited by 10k, 19 May 2012 - 02:21 PM.

Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#4 KennGalaxy

KennGalaxy

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

Nintendo Ninja's Strike Again! The tweet has been removed and his twitter profile no longer says where he works lol. https://twitter.com/...939010610085888

I think it's safe to say he is dead (see: fired, terminated, metaphorically dead, etc.)

He took one for the team. God bless him for leaking this!

Him getting fired and the pic removed confirms this is a real photo and not a fake.
Well let's look at it this way. This gen, how many times did you have 4+ ppl over playing your Wii? I had it happen maybe a handful of times since 2006. Most of the time it was 2 player co-op or online play. The days of local multiplayer is dead, and online killed it. 2 WiiPad's is enough.

Exactly, I agree. The crowd that Nintendo wants to attract with this console mainly care about online multiplayer.

#5 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

OMFG. We have known for like 4 months now that 2 was the current maximum per system.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#6 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Specially since we are growing up and moving away from each other.

LordPickleton.png

#7 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

OMFG. We have known for like 4 months now that 2 was the current maximum per system.

source?

#8 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

but we didn't know that it'd actually get two controllers.

#9 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

so if the system supports 2 upads that must mean it's pretty powerful or maybe in order to support 2 upads a game needs to play sub-hd? This should be explained at e3 hopefully.

#10 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Well the Wii U will have six cores because it has been confirmed to use a Power 7 CPU and that this is some heavy duty stuff. One version has like 4+GHZ so I am not suprized that it can support two controllers. I feel no need for four tablets because I dont even have three people in this house that play video games. Anyways at least this is some good news.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

This better be true.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

Well the Wii U will have six cores because it has been confirmed to use a Power 7 CPU and that this is some heavy duty stuff. One version has like 4+GHZ so I am not suprized that it can support two controllers. I feel no need for four tablets because I dont even have three people in this house that play video games. Anyways at least this is some good news.

No, it's confirmed to have an IBM Power based chip inside it.

http://www.neogaf.co...2&postcount=296
http://www.neogaf.co...0&postcount=330
Link to the actual source, rather than a comment about the source.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

No, it's confirmed to have an IBM Power based chip inside it.

http://www.neogaf.co...2&postcount=296
http://www.neogaf.co...0&postcount=330
Link to the actual source, rather than a comment about the source.

I know. The Power 7 chip is made by IBM so we just had a misunderstanding.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#14 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

i expect 4 tablet support, but two is satisfactory i guess
Posted Image

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

I guess I'll post the posts here then.

Shiggy@NeoGaf:
I heard from pretty a credible source that there was a demonstration, which allowed the use of two Wii U pads simultaneously, at Nintendo last fall. That source can be considered trustworthy; I had not believed it before that either.

Chris1964@NeoGaf:
There wasn't a demostration with two Wii U pads simultaneously.
The info was at documents NoE's representatives and distributors got at the meeting last August.

But the demonstration indeed had wireless controllers.

Shiggy@NeoGaf:
Thanks for clarifaction! It's been a long time, please forgive me ;)

Chris1964@NeoGaf:
I double-checked to be sure.
"So far we know for sure that can be simultaneously connected 4 Wii Remote Plus, or at least 2 WiiU controllers (but not learned if they can be linked together, ie 4 Wii Remote Plus and 2 WiiU controllers at the same time)."

"We played wireless, so yes, it had battery inside."

They weren't shown to be simultaneously working with the same Demo, just two uPads were shown at the same time.
And Nintendo said they would have two per system.

Edited by Nollog, 19 May 2012 - 03:29 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Believe me there is NO way nintendo releases this console without two upad controllers working together. It WILL happen!

#17 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Depends on the variant of the POWER7 CPU. It will likely be a 3.2GHz Quad-Core. It can be clocked as high as 3.9GHz.

Posted Image

#18 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

I guess I'll post the posts here then.

Shiggy@NeoGaf:
I heard from pretty a credible source that there was a demonstration, which allowed the use of two Wii U pads simultaneously, at Nintendo last fall. That source can be considered trustworthy; I had not believed it before that either.

Chris1964@NeoGaf:
There wasn't a demostration with two Wii U pads simultaneously.
The info was at documents NoE's representatives and distributors got at the meeting last August.

But the demonstration indeed had wireless controllers.

Shiggy@NeoGaf:
Thanks for clarifaction! It's been a long time, please forgive me ;)

Chris1964@NeoGaf:
I double-checked to be sure.
"So far we know for sure that can be simultaneously connected 4 Wii Remote Plus, or at least 2 WiiU controllers (but not learned if they can be linked together, ie 4 Wii Remote Plus and 2 WiiU controllers at the same time)."

"We played wireless, so yes, it had battery inside."

They weren't shown to be simultaneously working with the same Demo, just two uPads were shown at the same time.
And Nintendo said they would have two per system.

thank you i just wanted to see some source of where this info came from

#19 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Apparently you are one of the few who dont know me very well. I dont put up with that proof or gtfo crap on the internet. its not my job to babysit you and hold your hands. you either believe me or you dont. Look up what I have said about it on the forums months ago. I said back then 2 controllers was the current Nintendo has managed to do. And now this comes out theres your damn proof. Not to mention Darkcloud1989 said the same thing. And he knows crap before the rest of us and he hasnt been wrong once.

source?

Wait are you saying the system comes with 2?

but we didn't know that it'd actually get two controllers.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 19 May 2012 - 03:59 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#20 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

first and foremost it was a simple question if you didn't feel the need to answer it you could have moved the hell on with your life. second you don't know me very well either since unlike most people here i couldn't care about your damn temper tantrums over the internet, every time i try and speak with you you act like a 14 year old know it all kid on xbox live. moving on if you don't plan on being civilized for once in your life then keep avoiding me like you having been doing. btw thanks for the source.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!