#1 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:56 AM

So, I found this on gamefaqs, and the dude claims, "You don't get to hear my sources, how I got this info, etc. Trust me when I say I didn't just "hear this from a friend" or "I work for Nintendo" or that crap. Nope, this is the real deal. You're welcome in advance. Don't ask me for more information on this game because this is all I know. I'm certain you will find this is a 100% true on June 5th, of that much I'm certain"

-Pikmin 3's official title is Pikmin: Universe HD

-The game will be a launch title for the Wii U

-The game is "massive" and the basic plot involves Olimar bringing along Pikmin to several foreign planets, each one being "about the size of the first Pikmin title."

-The game uses the tablet screen to issue commands to the Pikmin unlike the previous games; it can be used to arrange custom formations, assign the Pikmin to various jobs that exceed merely attacking enemies, and other elements that add depth to the game.

-Building off of that previous statement, this Pikmin game is not merely about collecting items and defeating enemies to get those items. It focuses "more on building colonies."

-Louie is not returning as a playable character, but he does have an important role (to what extend I'm not aware.) I'm guessing it has to do with...

-Olimar's home planet of Hocotate will finally be present in the game.

What do you guys think? It sounds pretty believable to me, and the title has 19 characters, exactly the amount of characters that nintendo is hinting at to be a launch title. I love the concepts for it. I hope it's true.
Posted Image

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

sounds legit to me
Posted Image

#3 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:37 AM

Yup, sounds good. And 19 characters? Interesting.
No sig.

#4 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

Again... people can read minds.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#5 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

This sounds entirely believable, if you ask me, especially it being a launch title. Of course, this could also just be an extremely well crafted lie.

Nah, I won't ruin anybody's fun - this is legit; I can feel it.

#6 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

Bad name. Remove HD from the name and it would be perfect
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#7 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

i didnt play the first two they didnt really appeal to me. we will see how this plays out for me. worth a gamefly rental though.

#8 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

What's the point of the "HD" in the name? Makes it sound like it's just a rerelease or something. "Pikmin Universe" sounds great though.

Posted Image

#9 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

I think they put HD in the title so there is no confusion about Wii U's HD capabilities to the general public. And to be a smart.... er, donkey, to people who complain about a lack of HD.

#10 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:48 AM

What you are going to Gamefly a Nintendo game! You should be ashamed of yourself TRON

LordPickleton.png

#11 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

I was always curious about Olimar's homeworld. The name 'Hocotate' sounds like 'hot chocolate' to me.
Figures that we will be able to visit multiple planets now. This game looks like it's going to overly outshine the other two.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#12 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

If you can go to other Planets I would like to pilot the ship over there I don't want a hub map like Mario Galaxy and other games.

Or at least let it be an option.

Edited by Cerberuz, 02 June 2012 - 05:58 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#13 MiSoRamen

MiSoRamen

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:14 AM

Pikmin: Universe HD
It's got a good ring to it. I think the whole deal with the HD at the end is, Nintendo feels like it is necessary in order to show that the Wii U is an HD console.
Posted Image

#14 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

Please be just Pikmin Universe. I don't like when games have "HD" in the title.
Posted Image

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

Yeah it's pretty obvious that this game is HD, so I think it's unnecissary to put in the title but oh well. It's just a rumor anyway. And if it turns out true, still no problem right? It's only a title.
No sig.

#16 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

Sounds pretty legit. :) Just 3 more days to find out.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#17 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

I agree with you guys, I think they should take "HD" out of the title if this is real, we know it's HD lol.

#18 MiSoRamen

MiSoRamen

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

I agree with you guys, I think they should take "HD" out of the title if this is real, we know it's HD lol.

We do, but does the common consumer? Most of the population doesn't even know what the Wii U is and what is the different between it and the Wii. Nintendo feels like it is necessary in order to show that the Wii U is an actual HD console.
Posted Image

#19 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

If the common consumer wouldn't understand why didn't Sony and Microsoft do it for the PS3 and Xbox 360 games. The only games that should have HD in the name should be HD remakes.

LordPickleton.png

#20 MiSoRamen

MiSoRamen

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

If the common consumer wouldn't understand why didn't Sony and Microsoft do it for the PS3 and Xbox 360 games. The only games that should have HD in the name should be HD remakes.

I personally do not want the HD in the title. Nintendo feels like they have to prove themselves to the "Hard-core market". Nintendo is stereotyped as a kiddie company and is not regarded for amazing graphics.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!