• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#21 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Yeah, that post is complete bs, I've read wsippels posts in the past and he seems to just post random things to get attention.

Looking at clock speeds doesn't tell you the full power, and there's no way that the Wii U has a tri core PowerPC 750 cpu, that can't be clocked over 1Ghz. Also, we know that Nintendo's using a Power CPU in the console, so that totally debunks that alone.

Plus, bgAssassin reckons it's an OoOE chip rather than in order like the 360, Out of order execution (OoOE)chips can have lower clock speeds, and yet have a better performance than In order chips because they're more efficient. So someone's obviously just looked at most at the clock rate and thought that would be that.

But getting a PS4's your decision, I might get one in the future as well, nothing stopping me from getting both except for the matter of time and money.

It is out of order execution because it's power 7 based. The power 6 was in order execution.

Wii u CPU is very powerful.

#22 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

In Nintendo you trust.

Sony and Microsoft can go rust.

(Sorry a terrible rhyme lol)

Either way getting a PS4 will be a waste of money. You will get a year or 2 for games then when Sony disappears from the planet you get no more games forever lol.

Nintendo will never be doomed. Sony is much more doomed then Nintendo.

Yes, and this is the kind of crap that confuses me. I don't know.. I don't think we'll know anything about the Wii U's power until it's actually released. It's scary... and if Nintendo does indeed make the Wii U "On Par" with PS360... I think they might actually be doomed this time.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#23 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

If worse comes to worse Nintendo will just drop out of the Home console business and stick with handhelds and software, i hope and pray that it will never ever ever ever come to that because i love Nintendo.... but if what you people say is true and they release a Nintendo 360 five years too late they might have too :( :(

#24 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

Nintendo reserves.
Posted Image

#25 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

I am the guy who would rather wait and see, I will be getting a Wii U and a PS4 anyway. But I do not tend to trust rumors until evidence have been shown otherwise.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#26 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

thats not the point if you continue reading the post u will find that the GPU of the wii u have some cpu procesing capabilities which is the strategy for the next gen or something, dont know much
about it

Edited by Stormage09, 11 June 2012 - 11:30 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:24 AM

In Nintendo you trust.

Sony and Microsoft can go rust.

(Sorry a terrible rhyme lol)

Either way getting a PS4 will be a waste of money. You will get a year or 2 for games then when Sony disappears from the planet you get no more games forever lol.

Nintendo will never be doomed. Sony is much more doomed then Nintendo.

lol no, PS2 had one of the longest life cycles in console history. PS3 is still getting very good games. To be honest, imo Sony consoles tend to have the longest life cycles with quality games.

28gxdv8.png

#28 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:26 AM

Nintendo reserves.
Posted Image

While I agree with the Nintendo line, the Sony and Microsoft ones seem a little off. If anything, Sony's doing even worse than Microsoft, assuming we're talking only about the video game sector here. Course, Sony's doing bad in all sectors, but they've been losing money in the games department since the PS3 launch, and only just now have they actually begun earning from the PS3. Of course, I could be wrong, as it's hard to find solid info on just video game sector earnings. One things for sure is Sony is in trouble as a whole.

#29 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

lol no, PS2 had one of the longest life cycles in console history. PS3 is still getting very good games. To be honest, imo Sony consoles tend to have the longest life cycles with quality games.

I think he is talking about Sony in general being in trouble. They aren't the company they once were.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#30 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

He also said the GPU in the Wii U is a true next gen GPU.

#31 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

I don't believe this why , A developer for Aliens game has said it has a really good processor if I remember correctly not to mention this person is clumping the 360 cpu and the cell together and if he considers them around the same power level than well the wiiu might as well it seems have the cpu in the wii. I don't know we got so many positive things about the wiiu cpu said by many people from developers to intel its just seems strange I would expect the GPU to be the weak part of it but I guess at least graphics will be fine everything else well, you know.

#32 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

You clearly dont know Sony's financial situation. Please just trust me from now on it will save everyone so much damn time. Im not going to type it up all over again for the billionth time. Sony has a real chance of disappearing in 2 years time. They havent made a profit in 4 years.

YES! Thank you someone who knows what Im talking about.

I think he is talking about Sony in general being in trouble. They aren't the company they once were.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#33 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

You're welcome friend. Sony themselves admitted a while back they aren't the same company. And I blame Apple. I wrote a whole paper about it. Sony Walkman use to be.the.cool thing, and music was a big profit for.them. Then Apple made the iPod and it changed everything. And of course PS3 weakened them. Blu-Ray was what they were betting on and sadly it hasn't saved them.

#34 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

You're welcome friend. Sony themselves admitted a while back they aren't the same company. And I blame Apple. I wrote a whole paper about it. Sony Walkman use to be.the.cool thing, and music was a big profit for.them. Then Apple made the iPod and it changed everything. And of course PS3 weakened them. Blu-Ray was what they were betting on and sadly it hasn't saved them.

They didn't even really "invent" Bluray, nor do they own it. It's actually from a conglomerate of company's, one of which is Sony.

#35 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

Anyone can say that there is a reliable source, for example;

"I heard from a reliable source that monkeys are actually related to apricots."

#36 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Nintendo reserves.
Posted Image

If this is true (and it appears it is), Nintendo kinda sucks because they just cut their employees bonus 20% from last year because of "financial troubles" to the company.

Yeah you can't fault Apple for taking the initiative to embrace MP3s as the future while all these other companies were trying as hard as possible to keep music CD-based. Sony is in trouble. I also cant beleive Microsoft has never been in the red in the game department, is that right? That's crazy, they'll never have a system as successful as the 360. When do they think they're going to dig themselves out of this hole?

#37 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Know this:

Anytime you come across any rumor, wannabe "leak", etc. that says anything remotely like "the wii u CPU is weaker than current console CPUs, "wii u CPU is arely more powerful," Etc., it's what we call technically, a "big fat lie."

That's a fact.

LOL I can't argue with that!

If this is true (and it appears it is), Nintendo kinda sucks because they just cut their employees bonus 20% from last year because of "financial troubles" to the company.

This one is true but concerns Nintendo's bank account (the money they're not using). Since they lost some money, they don't joke with that stuff, unlike the other two companies. They want to stop losing money before it even becomes a beginning of a problem. This is why Nintendo destroyed Atari and Sega. They know how to manage their money.
Posted Image

#38 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

wii U got an old gpu from the leaked specs.. 8 rops and about 360gflops..(neogaf info), so it may be 1 time better, but its old and limited.. And the cpu is worse? I will expect for official reviews and announcements.. because this things are not good.. Nobody (only nintendo brand lovers) will buy it if its like that... Its more like buying a current console... So better wait, dont post this things, because u freak us out..

#39 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

They didn't even really "invent" Bluray, nor do they own it. It's actually from a conglomerate of company's, one of which is Sony.

I know this, but Sony does get revenue from companies. Which is why Nintendo won't use Blu-ray, because of the fees they would have to pay to Sony.

Yeah you can't fault Apple for taking the initiative to embrace MP3s as the future while all these other companies were trying as hard as possible to keep music CD-based. Sony is in trouble. I also cant beleive Microsoft has never been in the red in the game department, is that right? That's crazy, they'll never have a system as successful as the 360. When do they think they're going to dig themselves out of this hole?

I don't blame them in a bad way. But there genius couldn't be matched. Sony isn't innovative. They copy, and they did it poorly.

As for Microsoft, I don't know if they are currently in the red or black. But I know Microsoft isn't on the verge of being in money trouble. At least not yet.

#40 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

As for Microsoft, I don't know if they are currently in the red or black. But I know Microsoft isn't on the verge of being in money trouble. At least not yet.

Never they have billions and billions to blow. They could buy out Sony and Nintendo a couple times over.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!