• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#41 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

Never they have billions and billions to blow. They could buy out Sony and Nintendo a couple times over.

Gosh, if Microsoft bought out nintendo and told them to pretty much take over their videogame business Sony would die yesterday!!

#42 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

Gosh, if Microsoft bought out nintendo and told them to pretty much take over their videogame business Sony would die yesterday!!

That's pretty much why Microsoft is still relevant in gaming. They can pay you to use their service. I think that they are trying to establish a monopoly in the entertainment industry, which isn't cool

Posted Image

#43 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

That's pretty much why Microsoft is still relevant in gaming. They can pay you to use their service. I think that they are trying to establish a monopoly in the entertainment industry, which isn't cool

Nintendo would never sell at any price, the Japanese are all about their honor and heritage and history, Nintendo will trudge thru any financial issues they may or may not have and come out on top, they wont need to take a buyout because they will run Microsoft and Sony into the ground

#44 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

Nintendo would never sell at any price, the Japanese are all about their honor and heritage and history, Nintendo will trudge thru any financial issues they may or may not have and come out on top, they wont need to take a buyout because they will run Microsoft and Sony into the ground

I know, I was just trying to make a point.

Posted Image

#45 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

I'm getting tired of this...

^Took the words right outta my mouth.^

If developers make games for it, the Wii U will be great. If they don't, prepare for a Nintendo franchise games console.

I'd like to talk more about games for Wii U than these dang specs. I don't think we'll know the true specs from the system until someone cracks one of these things open.

#46 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

wii U got an old gpu from the leaked specs.. 8 rops and about 360gflops..(neogaf info), so it may be 1 time better, but its old and limited.. And the cpu is worse? I will expect for official reviews and announcements.. because this things are not good.. Nobody (only nintendo brand lovers) will buy it if its like that... Its more like buying a current console... So better wait, dont post this things, because u freak us out..

No, the v1 devkit has that older gpu. No commercial release EVER kept the same chips from its v-1 devkits.

Anything power pc is fake, unless BOTH Nintendo AND ibm flat out LIED about a power cpu.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#47 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Sony I can certainly see pulling out of the video game industry if PS4 loses as much money as the PS3 did. After all, their game department seems to be full of idiots, so I would not be totally surprised to see them lose money again. However, Microsoft will probably be fine for quite a while. Not only are they not total morons, but they've got a boatload of money, so even if they did lose as much money as Sony did, they'd be fine. Their only real competitor is Apple, and there's no way Apple can take all of Microsofts business away.

#48 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

If this is true (and it appears it is), Nintendo kinda sucks because they just cut their employees bonus 20% from last year because of "financial troubles" to the company.

The graph only goes up to 2010.
This also explains why the location of Microsoft's and Sony's lines appear off. Quite a lot can happen in two years.

As for Microsoft, I don't know if they are currently in the red or black. But I know Microsoft isn't on the verge of being in money trouble. At least not yet.

They will never have financial problems, unless they screw something up pretty badly. After all, there is a good chance that your operating system is Microsoft Windows.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#49 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

gafs leaks dont make any sense. They claim the wiiu is confirmed to have a high end gpgu to offset the weaker cpu...

Which would be fantastic....

But it just doesnt line up with the licenses and partnerships Nintendos made.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#50 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

The graph only goes up to 2010.
This also explains why the location of Microsoft's and Sony's lines appear off. Quite a lot can happen in two years.

They will never have financial problems, unless they screw something up pretty badly. After all, there is a good chance that your operating system is Microsoft Windows.

Actually, I own three internet connected devices. A Wii, 3DS, HP Touchpad, Android smartphone, and an Apple iMac (1st gen Intel). Don't own a Windows device.

Correction, five internet devices. I have three that I use for browsing.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#51 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Actually, I own three internet connected devices. A Wii, 3DS, HP Touchpad, Android smartphone, and an Apple iMac (1st gen Intel). Don't own a Windows device.

Correction, five internet devices. I have three that I use for browsing.

I don't think he meant you in particular, he just meant that Windows is by far the most popular PC operating system.

#52 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

I still don't get why people are trying to seperate powerpc from power cpus. The reason the powerpc range became the power range was because motorola and apple pulled out of funding development and IBM were left to go it alone. Yes the Power range are later developments but its the same processor family in real terms. Often the Cell processor is described as powerpc and power based.

The mass produced final dev kit spec stated powerpc architecture which surely can still be a power cpu. Clearly the wii U cpu has to run wii powerpc code and its not fast enough to emulate. Its clear at least one of the cpu cores is going to be configured for wii mode otherwise it won't be able to run wii games. So its likely one core could be 720mhz and perhaps the other 2 are much faster. The 3DS has a arm11 cpu that is compatible with the DS arm chip. It takes a performance hit in 3DS mode because of this because part of the arm chip is configured the same way as the DS arm chip. However with regard the DS gpu the 3DS actually has the mali gpu integrated within its main chip for running DS games.

Couldn't the wii U be configured the same way. One cpu core is wii mode compatible and the original wii gpu is duplicated within the wii u.

It may be in wii mode the whole wii u cpu goes down to 720mhz speed there abouts and it may quadruple in speed in wii U mode.

#53 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

I don't think he meant you in particular, he just meant that Windows is by far the most popular PC operating system.

:) I know, but I am a lover of Apple products, so I had to say it.

@Desert Punk Lets make it simple then. Yes, PowerPC and Power brand CPU are based.off power isa. Just like the Pentium 4 and i7 are both x86. But if Nintendo was building a console with Intel, and they had a Intel Core Duo processor inside the dev kit and the final was announced to have an i7 based CPU, isnt that a big difference? The Intel CD isn't 64bit, its not as powerful nor as advanced as the i7.

Same here. If they base it off PowerPC - like the PS3 and X360 - then its not using the latest and greatest technology.

Names matter to companies. And we know the CPU is based.off the technology in the POWER7, which is the latest and greatest from IBM.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#54 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

No, the v1 devkit has that older gpu. No commercial release EVER kept the same chips from its v-1 devkits.

Anything power pc is fake, unless BOTH Nintendo AND ibm flat out LIED about a power cpu.

Ok I will show u something... http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00

This price, is proving me, that wii U is a minor update of 360.. And Iwata said, they will not loose money from the hardware.. And normally, after the release, Amazon.. ALWAYS reduce the price by 15% and that means, wii U will cost around 169-179 pounds. 20 euro more expensive than xbox360 and ps3.

SO stop calling (a couple of u, hater).. Just call me a short of guy, who dont wish to go back in the current consoles :P . Because I quited them 4 years ago.

Edited by Orion, 13 June 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#55 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

Ok I will show u something... http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00

This price, is proving me, that wii U is a minor update of 360.. And Iwata said, they will not loose money from the hardware.. And normally, after the release, Amazon.. ALWAYS reduce the price by 15%... that means, wii U will cost around 169-179 pounds.

You're believing the pricing that comes out before Nintendo announce anything, if there ever was a facepalm moment, this is it. I mean, Shopto has it at £279.00

And the GC was £130 at launch, yet it was a lot more powerful than the PS2 was. Nintendo can make fairly powerful hardware at a convenient price, although they have said that the Wii U is going to be expensive.

Edited by InsaneLaw, 13 June 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#56 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

Yes because Amazon never makes rumors!!... look what it says ... The product will be released at 14th of July!!!! thats news!!! And they accept pre-orders at that price. NOT only that... they will get the black version of wii U... look the details.

I am up to 11-12 years customer of amazon.co.uk, because I live in EU and I have super free saver delivery option. And I trust the shop, is perfect.. they never lie!

Edited by Orion, 13 June 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#57 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Yes because Amazon never makes rumors!!... look what it says ... The product will be released at 14th of July!!!! thats news!!! And they accept pre-orders at that price. NOT only that... they will get the black version of wii U... look the details.

I really can't be sure if you're being serious now.

#58 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

Price: £199.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

Colour: Black

This item will be released on July 14, 2012.
Pre-order now!
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.

Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Sign in to see if release-day delivery options are available to your address.

I am just watching my retailer.. didnt made it up.. lol

Look at the comments... all people pre-ordering!! They say, may be it is a faulty price.. but pre-orders are accepted! http://www.amazon.co...asin=B008B5YB4W

It has a logic for me, to release it earlier than November.. many reasons, plus Christmas holidays, they will be able to offer a bundle.. Not just plain console at that time. They want also to hit halo4, etc..

also look what Amazon says, one of the many comments, UPDATE: An Amazon customer service representative, speaking to me over the phone, tells me that all information in their Black Wii U listing - including price and date - comes from their suppliers (not the manufacturer). I was also assured that this console is covered by their price guarantee, including the eventuality that the price increases once customers have placed their order (though the on-site guarantee mentions only decreases). This means that if you order a Black Wii U from Amazon for £199.99, that is the maximum price you will pay

So from my experience, what I originally said, IT IS TRUE.. Wii U will stabilize after release at 169 pounds. I know how amazon acts...

Edited by Orion, 13 June 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#59 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Well good luck with that, because there are no game listings, and that's an incredibly unreliable source.

I know what Amazon says on it, but the 14th is a Saturday as well. Nintendo would also have announced this at E3.

Stop being gullible.

#60 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Uk shops never close, they work even Sundays... I lived for about 3 years in the past, so I know.. Every sunday all london is in the streets for shopping.

Edited by Orion, 13 June 2012 - 02:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!