Photo

Dogs or cats?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Poll: Dogs or cats? (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Dog or cat???

1. Dog (21 votes [52.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.50%

2. Voted Cat (19 votes [47.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Oni-Link

Oni-Link

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Fandom:
    Phantasy star,Kingdom hearts,pokemon,Loz

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

Dogs.
Last cat i Owned had a Demon inside him.
Posted Image

#62 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

Cats are intelligent, independent, responsible, versatile, cuddly, and they can also clean themselves. They do their business by themselves in the litterbox or outside. They are smart enough to find their own food and they the BEST!Shift-one!
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#63 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

Cats are intelligent, independent, responsible, versatile, cuddly, and they can also clean themselves. They do their business by themselves in the litterbox or outside. They are smart enough to find their own food and they the BEST!Shift-one!

You don't feed your cat? That's cruel.

Intelligence: Dogs win.
Independence: Cats win, but they are hardly social creatures.
Responsibility: Cats are hardly responsible, they will just do as they please.
Versatility: Dogs are way more versatile.
Cuddly-ness: That's really up to the personality of your pet, I know of a great deal of cats who don't like to be touched, dogs as well.
hygiene: Cats.
Their "business": That's really up to your pet, a lot of cats will do it where they please, almost all dogs will do it where they please, the difference is that dog's can be trained.
Dogs can find food by themselves, otherwise we wouldn't see abandoned dogs on the street would we?

Dogs>Cats.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#64 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

Of course I feed my cat, but if I'm not there she still catches birds and chipmunks outside. My cat catches them every day no matter if I feed her or not. She's 16 years old, too.
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#65 SnobbishTurban

SnobbishTurban

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Banjo-Kazooie.

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:08 AM

Dogs. Cats are evil. They'll rip your lungs out. Plus, dogs look funny:

Posted Image

You laugh at me because I am different. I pity you because you're all the same.

#66 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:27 AM

Of course I feed my cat, but if I'm not there she still catches birds and chipmunks outside. My cat catches them every day no matter if I feed her or not. She's 16 years old, too.

I'm not allowed to let my cat out the front because it's been killing birds and they're becoming endangered :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#67 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:35 AM

Plus, dogs look funny:

So do cats:

Posted Image

#68 SnobbishTurban

SnobbishTurban

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Banjo-Kazooie.

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

So do cats:

Where did his ear go? :P Also, a cat that kill birds? We got a cat on my street that tries to kill me whenever he sees me.

You laugh at me because I am different. I pity you because you're all the same.

#69 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Two more pictures of Romeo, anyone? This is a typical nap for him. Nothing special.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC09335.JPG
  • DSC09336.JPG

#70 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

Intelligence: Dogs win.
Independence: Cats win, but they are hardly social creatures.
Responsibility: Cats are hardly responsible, they will just do as they please.
Versatility: Dogs are way more versatile.
Cuddly-ness: That's really up to the personality of your pet, I know of a great deal of cats who don't like to be touched, dogs as well.
hygiene: Cats.
Their "business": That's really up to your pet, a lot of cats will do it where they please, almost all dogs will do it where they please, the difference is that dog's can be trained.
Dogs can find food by themselves, otherwise we wouldn't see abandoned dogs on the street would we?

Dogs>Cats.

Okay, cats and dogs have actually the same intelligence. I used to have a cat, and whenever I used to cry in my room alone, my cat would come up to me and rub my face...soooo cute <3 I think my cat wanted attention herself, but oh well. haha

Anyways, the only reason why it's easy to assume dogs are more intelligent is because dogs can learn "tricks." Dogs can do tricks because they will do ANYTHING for a treat. That is really how you train a dog actually. For example, at first you would put the dog in a sitting position, say "sit" and then give it a treat. If you keep putting the dog in a sitting position and say "sit", the dog will eventually learn that if the dog sits down, he will get the treat. That becomes a part of the dog's common sense. Cats are funny because they don't learn tricks because they seem to know that's really just a form of manipulation. lol I'm sure cats are capable of doing tricks, but people just don't have the patience.

Cats are very street smart though. I mean, I've seen many cats who are capable of crossing the street without getting hit by a car. A dog would have to get hit by a car itself in order for it to learn that getting hit by a car is bad. xD Dogs...basically need more hands on, while cats are more intuitive. Also, BOTH dogs and cat are capable of sensing danger.

Two more pictures of Romeo, anyone? This is a typical nap for him. Nothing special.

YOUR CAT IS SO FRIGGIN ADORABLE

You know? I believe whether you prefer a cat or a dog depends on your own personality. Someone who is a more extroverted and just loves to do stuff and have fun would most likely prefer a dog. Someone who is more introverted and wants a pet with low maintenance, would definitely prefer a cat...it's about YOUR own personality.Cats...are indeed low maintenance. All you really gotta do is clean the litter box and make sure it doesn't scratch the sofa. :P I will admit, I am a cat lover. :3 So...I have no choice but to say:

cats > dogs

again...it's really just based on your own preference. Dogs and cats are indeed equal, whether you guys like it or not.

Edited by starrgrl24, 04 August 2011 - 04:27 PM.

#71 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

I'm just gonna leave this here:Posted Image

#72 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Here are some funny pictures that I found for cats.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#73 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

This seems relevant: Posted Image

#74 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

Okay, cats and dogs have actually the same intelligence. I used to have a cat, and whenever I used to cry in my room alone, my cat would come up to me and rub my face...soooo cute <3 I think my cat wanted attention herself, but oh well. haha

Anyways, the only reason why it's easy to assume dogs are more intelligent is because dogs can learn "tricks." Dogs can do tricks because they will do ANYTHING for a treat. That is really how you train a dog actually. For example, at first you would put the dog in a sitting position, say "sit" and then give it a treat. If you keep putting the dog in a sitting position and say "sit", the dog will eventually learn that if the dog sits down, he will get the treat. That becomes a part of the dog's common sense. Cats are funny because they don't learn tricks because they seem to know that's really just a form of manipulation. lol I'm sure cats are capable of doing tricks, but people just don't have the patience.

Cats are very street smart though. I mean, I've seen many cats who are capable of crossing the street without getting hit by a car. A dog would have to get hit by a car itself in order for it to learn that getting hit by a car is bad. xD Dogs...basically need more hands on, while cats are more intuitive. Also, BOTH dogs and cat are capable of sensing danger.

Then why do you say that a dog needs to be hit by a car to see it as bad? My dog never got hit by a car, and he was always out.

Dogs are better.

Posted Image

Ever seen a Cat do that?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#75 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

Ever seen a Cat do that?

I wouldn't be surprised if our first cat, Casanova, ever did that. He also faced off against a couple of bears, and drove them away from our neighbourhood.

#76 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if our first cat, Casanova, ever did that. He also faced off against a couple of bears, and drove them away from our neighbourhood.

Pictures or never happened! *Shot*

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#77 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

Pictures or never happened! *Shot*

Sadly, Casanova ran away. As for pictures, my sister was probably so shocked when he scared a bear away that a camera was the last thing on her mind.

Besides, you do not defy an admin. :D

#78 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

You had a cat that fought bears? wow. :blink: I've never heard of a cat driving bears away from a neighbourhood before. Mind you, not many neighbourhoods in Britain have bear-related problems.

#79 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

You had a cat that fought bears? wow. :blink: I've never heard of a cat driving bears away from a neighbourhood before. Mind you, not many neighbourhoods in Britain have bear-related problems.

Mine does

But anyway cats are the best.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#80 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

Mine does

But anyway cats are the best.

I'm still not sure if I like cats or dogs better -.-

1 user(s) are reading this topic