Photo

Would you be disappointed if Nintendo Land and NSMB U don't have online play?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Nintendo Land and NSMB U Online play (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be disappointed if Nintendo Land doesn't have online play?

1. Yes (32 votes [45.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.71%

2. No (23 votes [32.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.86%

3. Indifferent (15 votes [21.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Would you be disappointed if NSMB U doesn't have online play?

1. Yes (28 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. No (28 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Indifferent (14 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

I think Nintendo Land definately needs co-op and competitive online play because of the whole Miiverse integration initiative. So yeah, I guess I would be disappointed.

NSMB U would be fun with online co-op, both two players and/or a tablet player, but I don't think its absolutely necessary to have. It would be mildly disappointing, but not a deal breaker.

Edited by Fig, 28 June 2012 - 08:05 AM.

#2 Steve

Steve

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft has replaced all others...

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

I don't really care to much about ninty land, but online nsmbu would be great. but I doubt it will happen.
I am, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof, and incapable of error.

#3 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

Tbh, I don't really care much for online. :)

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#4 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

I love NSMB multiplayer, but I don't always have someone to play with, so there better be online! Nintendoland I think there has to be, because of it's integration with Miiverse.

#5 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

I'm pretty sure NintendoLand will have online. I was watching a video about it and I remember there were a bunch of Miis running around the park and they said something like, "these will be people's Mii's from all over the world."

#6 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Neither game would really benefit from online play all that much. The competitive factor is there, but not like a Smash Bros. or Mario Kart. I don't think it's all that necessary.

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

First things first.

I think Nintendo Land should have online, if only just for leaderboards. Maybe online multiplayer, but we'll see.

New Super Mario Bros U shouldn't have online, if it does, only leaderboards for the best time/coins gotten/whatever. But complete online multiplayer? NO. The last thing I want is some random idiot online throwing me into a pit of lava for laughs. -.-

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

They should both have it really. There's little excuse for a game that has local multiplayer to not also have online. Sure some games are more geared towards local MP, but that doesn't mean the option shouldn't be there at all for online.

NSMBU in particular could really benefit from online play. As long as it has voice chat it'll be fine.

Posted Image

#9 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

I would say yes for both because both are well suited for online play and really you can't go wrong with having extra options but it shouldn't be mandatory to play only online or only Local Multiplayer seeing as many games nowadays offer both.

#10 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'd be disappointed if NintendoLand doesn't have any online features. I think NSMBU should also have online play as I think games which have multiplayer modes should also have online play as that's what many gamers want.

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'd love it, and honestly, I think they should make all their multiplayer games online. Because why not?

But I don't expect them to, so I won't be dissapointed.
No sig.

#12 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

I would be very confused and upset if Nintendo Land didn't have online because Reggie said that Nintendo Land is like Wii Sports but its for the Wii U and having online would be a great way to show off its online capabilities.

( I know i said "online" alot :P)

As for NSMBU I think should have it optional because some people might want to go solo or they don't have people to play with.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

Hey, if Nintendo wants to have a focus of integrating Video Game Entertainment and Social Networking together...

Then you simply have to have launch games that show that, and I don't think they should rely on other companies to do that for them.

Simply put, those games better have online of a sort.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hey, if Nintendo wants to have a focus of integrating Video Game Entertainment and Social Networking together...

Then you simply have to have launch games that show that, and I don't think they should rely on other companies to do that for them.

^ This. For Nintendo to push the idea of a constant social world happening at the same time as one is gaming, they need to have online multiplayer available for their games.

I don't understand why they wouldn't add online for Pikmin 3. Seems like the kind of game that would benefit well from it.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#15 dkrumble725

dkrumble725

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Chrono Trigger, SMT, DKC, and alot more.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Funny enough, I couldn't even imagine the new SSB without online multiplayer, even though i hardly even bothered with Brawl's when It was available. Don't really care about 'tendo land... it's like wii sports... really doesn't need multiplayer.
Posted Image
I SHALL PASS WITH RAMBI

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

Don't really care about 'tendo land... it's like wii sports... really doesn't need multiplayer.

It does if:
1. You are making it to be the lead game of the console, much like Wii Sports for the Wii.
2. You are making the main point of your console about gaming and networking as one.

And I think you meant online, because Nintendoland would be a shambles if it had absolutely no multiplayer.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 dkrumble725

dkrumble725

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Chrono Trigger, SMT, DKC, and alot more.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

It does if:
1. You are making it to be the lead game of the console, much like Wii Sports for the Wii.
2. You are making the main point of your console about gaming and networking as one.

And I think you meant online, because Nintendoland would be a shambles if it had absolutely no multiplayer.

Yes, I did mean online. lol. I don't think Nintendo will use Nintendoland as a main medium of displaying it's networking capabilities, however.
Posted Image
I SHALL PASS WITH RAMBI

#18 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

Nintendo land should have online, but I don't really care either way for Mario.

#19 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Nintendo Land yes, it looks like it could have online. Mario not so much I won't be disappointed if it doesn't have online.

LordPickleton.png

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

I don't care if these games have online. But big games need online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!