• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Apparently these are the confimed specs, it states how the custom GPU in the Wii U will be far ahead of what was available on PS3 or 360.

It also says that the Wii U will be able to achieve all the effects etc that the PS4/next box will do. I'm guesiing the Wii U will be 2-3 times more powerful than current gen

http://www.nintengen...k-gpu-info.html

Edited by Forza Juventus, 04 July 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#2 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

good read, and if true is very very good news.

#3 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

I just purchased my ticket for the hype train. Will board as soon as there is a game that compels me to buy!

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

Great news. It is A great time to be a Nintendo fan.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

idk what any of this means.... and dont really feel like reading
  • so can it do the next unreal?,
  • what is the speculation of power for the next Xbox compared to the wii u ?
  • then the ps4 compared to the wii u?
  • and is Xbox going to be close enough to the wii u that wii u wont get shafted by 3rd parties like the wii?
  • and will the ps4 be so powerful it will be shafted?

#6 Mitchjg216

Mitchjg216

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

idk what any of this means.... and dont really feel like reading

• so can it do the next unreal?,
  • what is the speculation of power for the next Xbox compared to the wii u ?
  • then the ps4 compared to the wii u?
  • and is Xbox going to be close enough to the wii u that wii u wont get shafted by 3rd parties like the wii?
  • and will the ps4 be so powerful it will be shafted?

A lot of those questions were answered in the last paragraph.

#7 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

A lot of those questions were answered in the last paragraph.

.... :mellow: then i guess i shall read...

#8 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Keep in mind that these specs are based on earlier dev kits from late last year and are still missing some information from Nintendo (like the CPU clock frequencies and probably some unique features of the GPU) but are no longer speculation or rumor. The most recent dev kit for the Wii U is undoubtedly even more powerful than these specs show. 

Posted Image

#9 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

the wii u is probably better than this as these are for the early dev kits :D now the only thing that can take success away from nintendo is an economic collapse, and sadly im not joking
Posted Image

#10 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

For me reading this is like reading Japanese. I understand the sounds and syllables but I've got no idea what it means.

#11 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

For me reading this is like reading Japanese. I understand the sounds and syllables but I've got no idea what it means.

It's basically averages out to 2x the 360s capability, some specs only being 50% more others being 300% more, not forgetting the OS is 640% larger than the 360's OS. If it's Dev-Kit 2. Then I'm happy because by Dev Kit 4 or 5 developers got a "very nice surprise" in one particular area. My guess is an extra 512MB for games.

Edited by Penguin101, 04 July 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#12 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

It's basically averages out to 2x the 360s capability, some specs only being 50% more others being 300% more, not forgetting the OS is 640% larger than the 360's OS. If it's Dev-Kit 2. Then I'm happy because by Dev Kit 4 or 5 developers got a "very nice surprise" in one particular area. My guess is an extra 512MB for games.

Ok, thanks I understand now.

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Just a rehash of the same rumor that was out right before E3.

#14 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Just a rehash of the same rumor that was out right before E3.

It's the same rumour, just apparently it has been confirmed as an early dev kit list. I can't wait for someone to buy a Wii U and take it apart and run diagnostics on it

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

"I did not post this back when the specs of the Wii U were leaked because it was still tagged as rumor at the time, but since then it has been confirmed by a known developer/programmer with SDK access that the spec sheet from the Wii U development kit was actually copied and pasted and leaked to the Internet 1 day before E3 and is in fact the truth from Nintendo. Keep in mind that these specs are based on earlier dev kits from late last year and are still missing some information from Nintendo (like the CPU clock frequencies and probably some unique features of the GPU) but are no longer speculation or rumor. The most recent dev kit for the Wii U is undoubtedly even more powerful than these specs show."

The only real point of note.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 04 July 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#16 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

"I did not post this back when the specs of the Wii U were leaked because it was still tagged as rumor at the time, but since then it has been confirmed by a known developer/programmer with SDK access that the spec sheet from the Wii U development kit was actually copied and pasted and leaked to the Internet 1 day before E3 and is in fact the truth from Nintendo. Keep in mind that these specs are based on earlier dev kits from late last year and are still missing some information from Nintendo (like the CPU clock frequencies and probably some unique features of the GPU) but are no longer speculation or rumor. The most recent dev kit for the Wii U is undoubtedly even more powerful than these specs show."

The only real point of note.

Which is pretty damn exciting :D

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Which is pretty damn exciting :D

Yes. it is.

The Wii U is a true next gen console. Not only is it far more powerful than the current generation (duh. LOL), it is also going to compete very well against newer consoles in the future.

Ports from the current gen won't see any real benefit though, apart from gameplay upgrades, which is still a win.

Here's a quote from that same site:

"The good news is that the GPU in the Wii U should be able to accomplish all the effects of the PS4 and next Xbox, with those systems most likely being able to do "more of it" and at faster speeds. However, with the similar technology and features that all next-gen systems will have it's doubtful that the Wii U will get left behind in the graphics race since the difference will not be noticeable enough to warrant actually purchasing another console based on the sole reason of the Wii U not being able to run a certain game like what happened with the original Wii."

The "Confirmed" specs still have some issues in them, but it's not to shabby.

And that was a rumor previous to E3.

there is truth in there. but only the perceived negatives will be widely reported.

also, i expect underhanded tactics to be in full play seeing who gets what games, since they all will be able to do the same in the future.

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

So is this Devkit 3 or 4. Because that means 5 will be 3x more powerful than current gen. Which means 2013 games will look really good.

#19 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

So is this Devkit 3 or 4. Because that means 5 will be 3x more powerful than current gen. Which means 2013 games will look really good.

Going with kits 2-3

Posted Image

#20 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

That's when you'll see the real Wii U games come out.

At launch and after, they are not using full system capabilities and a bit rushed.

Around one year after launch, the good stuff comes out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!