#21 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

This is the reasoning behind why I don't even bother to even consider anything Patcher says about the Wii U: Name one bad thing Patcher said about the Wii U. That wasn't too hard now was it? Well name one thing Ubisoft said that offends the Wii U. That may be a little tricky.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#22 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

“I am putting two and two together to conclude that Activision put pressure on them. I do not know this either first-hand or third-hand; nobody told me. I am merely deducing it from what we know, and it’s an educated guess.”

“If the Pro Controller is for multiplatform games, that means it is for third-party games. Nintendo has never done anything altruistically for third parties, so I concluded that they added the Pro Controller because of pressure from third parties. The pressure could have come from anywhere — EA with sports games, Ubisoft with Assassin’s Creed, or Take-Two with GTA — but it seems to me that the ‘prize’ that would make the Wii U legitimate as a console of choice for multiplatform games is Call of Duty.”

Edited by Cerberuz, 17 July 2012 - 12:59 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#23 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

nintendo should have just listened to half there fan base to know we wanted a normal controller back

theres no such thing as a normal controller and the fan base never said anything like that stop making things up AND LAST TIME I CHECKED WII REMOTE IS 100X BETTER THAN A STICK AT FPS

HEAD IN HANDS

THERE IS SIMPLY NO COMPARASON TO COD CONTROLS TWIN STICK VS WII REMOTE the remote and chuck set up is a vastly superior control MOUSE = CORE = FPS = WII REMOTE= FACT

i dont play robotic robo cops head fps i play mouse fps IM A CORE GAMER pachter and the ms ans sony fans can CASUAL FPS IF THEY LIKE

Edited by silverismoney, 17 July 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#24 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Patcher always makes negative stuff up about Nintendo. Despite everything he predicts is wrong about Nintendo, he just keeps doing it. Why's he so biased against Nintendo? Has he ever said anything positive about them, let alone explain why he only makes negative predictions?

#25 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

Patcher always makes negative stuff up about Nintendo. Despite everything he predicts is wrong about Nintendo, he just keeps doing it. Why's he so biased against Nintendo? Has he ever said anything positive about them, let alone explain why he only makes negative predictions?

He's probably got some shady back room relationships with others who have vested interest in Nintendos downfall.

I mentioned certain industry practices a while back. It's real, it happens, and it's more widespread than people would like to believe.

Ms has been practicing this for a long time. So have Sony and Apple.

But Nintendo seems to be the rare gem of a company who legitimately wants to do things honestly.

They have created a killer system at a reasonable price point and have done all they can in their considerable power to do so.

The competition doesn't like it, so they have to resort to guerilla warfare in terms of public perception of the product.

I've never seen any companies products hit as hard since the gcn to the wii u. Both the gcn and wii u were technical marvels and produce high end graphics. Yet both were slammed by unnamed sources for being underpowered, for kids only, or whatever the flavor of the month was. Now, we have fools making stuff up. And it actually gets published. That says a lot not only for the horses mouth, but for the online publication as well...

Edited by Socalmuscle, 17 July 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#26 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hey,

Can we kill the speculations and just focus on the fact that Pachter said something and he's practically wrong in this case. We know that what he said about Activision is wrong, given previous support ventures.

We have a proper Pach Attack thread for all things Mr. Pachter.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#27 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

It is what it is.
There are reasons why things happen the way they do.
And this thread is directly related to pachter. Thanks.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 17 July 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#28 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

HAY GUYS NINTENDO WAS SO DUMB WITH WII REMOTE THE WII ONLY WENT AND SMASHED ALL CONSOLE SALES RECORDS AND WII REMOTE BECAME THE FASTEST SELLING CONSOLE CONTROLLER OF ALL TIME

BECAUSE AS U KNOW WE ALL DEMANDED A NORMAL CONTROLLER LOL @ THAT rainbowE

#29 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

the wiimote was NOT GOOD AT ALL i never bought a wii my wife did for wii fit and used it once. i thought i wud try met prime 3 good game but the wiimote took me out of the game i didnt feel as immersed because i was always fiddeling with a remote. hence the reason i bought a xbox 360 so i could zone out with the controller an feel complete immersion.

#30 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Patcher just seems like your average ordinary attention-seeker. A lot of people just put stuff out there. In the media, it doesn't matter if what you say is legitimate as long as is generates views for your advertisers.
Posted Image

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

Heres the wierd thing....

You guys know Pachter is an industry analyst for wedbush morgan right? Of course you do game sites make sure to announce it every time.

Have any of you guys ever READ one of his reports? Of course not... You have to pay through the nose for them (usually).

Heres the thing. Within the pages of his reports to investors he says practically nothing but POSITIVE things about nintendo.

205 pages of Nintendo praise to investors.

Yeah. Something to think about next time the gaming media reports something. Even if Pachter has nothing to do with it.

There is a very blatant media bias in the games industry right now, and before somebody who thinks they are smart tries to write a response to this, look up the damn definition of a media bias.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!