#41 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Well, I could care less. They're not that big around here, and I'm glad they aren't.

All these "laddy chat" folk zooming around in their Nissan Skylines at ungodly hours...

I take offence to that lol. They had midnight launches for the Wii, They will have one for the wii U, i asked the other day at EB games and the guy looked at me funny and said "Nothing has been announced..............But this company likes making money" So i took that as, Im not allowed to say yes, But there will be one.

Edited by cannonshane, 05 October 2012 - 05:51 PM.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#42 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Considering most midnight launches are based on the amount of pre orders/ the popularity of the game or console. It's very likely that nearly every GameStop ( or any other retailer) will have midnight launches for the Wii U. But it depends on the store, so you'll need to check first. I'm lucky since mine is having a midnight launch.

#43 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

Can't be true, otherwise GAME in the UK wouldn't be allowed to be doing midnight launches either, and guess what, they are! I'm going to one myself, it's all advertised outside the shop.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#44 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

The Manager at the Gamestop that I preordered from says that Corporate doesn't like doing midnight launch going into Sunday, something about it causing issues with sales and inventory.

Therefore he was told that they are not midnight launch for Wii U.

#45 msaraiva

msaraiva

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

The Manager at the Gamestop that I preordered from says that Corporate doesn't like doing midnight launch going into Sunday, something about it causing issues with sales and inventory.

Therefore he was told that they are not midnight launch for Wii U.

Just called a bunch of Gamestop storea near JFK area, and they said that NO GAMESTOP will be doing a midnight launch for the Wii U. There goes my plans for my first night on the US ever...

:(

Maybe i'll just camp out at some Walmart or K-Mart...

Edited by msaraiva, 20 October 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#46 Splint

Splint

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

You shouldve known that guy was full of crap when he said "family friendly company."

#47 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Just called a bunch of Gamestop storea near JFK area, and they said that NO GAMESTOP will be doing a midnight launch for the Wii U. There goes my plans for my first night on the US ever...

:(

Maybe i'll just camp out at some Walmart or K-Mart...

I agree, sucks I know.

You Camp out at Walmart or Target, even Bestbuy

#48 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

The counter at my gamestop lists a midnight release. I don't know why your gamestop won't be doing it unless the employees are full of ****.

Posted Image

#49 lorddionigi

lorddionigi

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

i asked my gamestop, they said they will be doing a midnight launch but the workers can't pick up their consoles till their shift ends, most said they are mad because they have sell them all night but can't open theirs till 8ishAM

#50 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

What you need to do. Consoles don't have midnights games do stress that zombiu needs a midnight. A wii u release title try and see what the most wanted game is and suggest u what a midnight

#51 Jerry

Jerry

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

I'm pretty excited because I just got back from my gamestop where I preordered my Wii U and they ARE having a midnight launch. So you might want to check with your stores. I mean I live in West Virginia and mine is.......

#52 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

I went my local Gamestop to go pay off my Deluxe, NSMBU, and Sega Allstars Racing Transformed, and the clerk said that.there won't be a midnight launch there. <_< I sure hope he's full of crap. :o

The Joestars always have a strategy. And that is to...
RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#53 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

Not really surprising. Gamestop has never had a midnight launch for Nintendo anything.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#54 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

The wii it did

#55 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

Well havent ask mines again. But i will on this coming up sunday. Going to pick up laytoon and ill see if they will. But betting they wont since its a sunday. They probaby will open an hr early. Either way ill be there asap. Hope to be first in line.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#56 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

I asked at my local GAME store & they said no they won't be having a midnight launch, for games it is ok but consoles is different because people about late at night with very expensive consoles wandering about is a magnet for criminals, if they do they will have to pay staff but also for a police presence at the store.

I have been to a few games midnight launches, but never a hardware one mainly because they never have them, other than Apple stores or a huge department store or flagship store that is all arranged by Sony or Microsoft, there will be a Wii U midnight launch no doubt but like i said at a flagship store just for the TV cameras.

#57 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Ordered at the main hmv in Belfast staff said they will open early but not midnight be 6 7 or 8
Posted Image

#58 Hyrule's Samurai

Hyrule's Samurai

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Does anyone know if and when Nintendo world, NY is having their's? Because I already pre-ordered my Deluxe Set down there.

#59 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Does anyone know if and when Nintendo world, NY is having their's? Because I already pre-ordered my Deluxe Set down there.

Probably not. Call and ask them.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#60 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Just picked layton on the 3ds.
Ask the manager at my gamestop. He says he was thinking about a midnight but since its will be a Saturday hey probably wont do it. But he will probably open up around 9am on sunday when they normally open @ 11am.

Said to check back with him tho as he might be willing to do it.

And before you say bs. Hes no bs, ive know him for almost a yr now and he knows me. So i trust what he says.
Also he is salary paid, sk doesnt matter alot to him plus he likes games.

But i will probably get a cofirm answer probably the wk before launch.
And 3more wks left yay.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!