• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

One reason might be that Black Ops 2 comes out the week before Wii U is released, and I'm sure every store will be having a midnight launch for it. It's very rare that they have more than one midnight launch per month, let alone two of them just a few days apart. There's a lot more that goes into midnight launches than just paying employees extra to be there late.

EDIT: Went to EB today, they actually did a midnight launch for ACIII (so did basically every other store), and will do one for Halo 4 and obviously Black Ops 2. I didn't, stupidly, ask about a midnight launch for the Wii U but I'll give them a call during the day.

Edited by Spleenzorio, 30 October 2012 - 06:58 PM.

Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#62 shout64

shout64

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

I pre-ordered/put on layaway my Wii U at Walmart. Day one midnight baby

#63 The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Not really surprising. Gamestop has never had a midnight launch for Nintendo anything.

What about the 3DS...htere was a mindnight release for that. In a way I hope they don't do a midnight release. Not that I don't want to play and play zombiU so I can be with my peers, but because think about it this way. How many actually pre ordered it and not on some list. Think about the people who do bad things out there. I don't want to think of bad things, but Wii U, very high demand and someone will try something. Sad I know, but around the holidays, there are some desperate people out there.

If GameStop does not do a midnight launch, I know I will be fine, becauase when they open the next day I will get my deluxe, NSMBU, ZombiU and AC3.
Bbbbbbrrrraaaaaaiiiiiinnnnnssss

#64 BananaCheese

BananaCheese

Darknut Dominator

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • NNID:Awesomesocks
  • Fandom:
    Zelda and Animal Crossing

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

That's just really stupid.

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png 

Nintendo Network ID: Awesomesocks | Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-1712-2862

PM me if you add me on any of the above.

#65 AJsAWiz

AJsAWiz

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

I'm pretty excited because I just got back from my gamestop where I preordered my Wii U and they ARE having a midnight launch. So you might want to check with your stores. I mean I live in West Virginia and mine is.......

After reading the posts here it looks like it's up to each individual store/manager whether or not they will be doing the midnight launch for the Wii U. The GameStops where I live simply said they weren't doing a midnight launch for the Wii U.

#66 FireBoost06

FireBoost06

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Sadly my GameStop isn't doing a midnight launch either! I don't mind though because whenever I get sometime at midnight I usually play it when I wake up so is no big deal for me.

#67 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Gamestop only do midnight releases for da hardc0re gamers.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#68 bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    COD, Mario Kart,

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

The GS where I preordered mine has "no official plans yet"
Posted Image

#69 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

That is one of the dozens of reasons why I quit doing buisness with GS. They are very innacurate about realese dates,Their trade-in prices are aweful,and they never promote Nintendo. So yeah dont give gamestop your buisness...And BTW

Gamestop only do midnight releases for da hardc0re gamers.

So you are trying to say im a casual gamer because I love Nintendo?!? Im anything but casual!

Edited by Mr.Saturn90, 07 November 2012 - 01:48 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#70 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

I got an email showing which EB Games in Canada would be doing midnight launches and early openings.

http://www.ebgames.c...iiu/default.htm

Of course mine isn't doing either :(
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#71 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

One reason might be that Black Ops 2 comes out the week before Wii U is released, and I'm sure every store will be having a midnight launch for it. It's very rare that they have more than one midnight launch per month, let alone two of them just a few days apart. There's a lot more that goes into midnight launches than just paying employees extra to be there late.

EDIT: Went to EB today, they actually did a midnight launch for ACIII (so did basically every other store), and will do one for Halo 4 and obviously Black Ops 2. I didn't, stupidly, ask about a midnight launch for the Wii U but I'll give them a call during the day.

Not to mention later that week GameStop will have a Black Friday sale. So that's four midnight launches within three weeks, very tiring for the employees I assume.

#72 BGriffith

BGriffith

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

The EB where I pre-ordered at doesn't plan to do a midnight launch or open early Sunday at this time...Really thinking of taking all but the $150 of store credit off my pre-order early morning on the 17th and going to try my luck at my local Best Buy's midnight launch.

#73 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

There's a rumor that Gamestop isn't allowing Wii U midnight launches because...

...word from corporate was they were "not allowed" to do a midnight launch. ...its because, unlike a game, these things are expensive and it could be a safety/security risk with it being so late.

Which sounds fair enough to me. What do you all think?

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=190139

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#74 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

The real reason they're not doing midnight launches is that all the consoles the have are pre-ordered and sold.
A midnight launch is about gathering some foot traffic, to get a few extra sales.
Would be pointless if you can't make any extra sales, right?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#75 msaraiva

msaraiva

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

I agree, sucks I know.

You Camp out at Walmart or Target, even Bestbuy

I actually went to the launch at Nintendo World! REGGIE SHAKED MY HAND! OMG! :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!