#1 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hey everybody! I'm just here on a thought that I'd like to share with you guys! So you all remember that horrible failure known as Sonic 06, right? I was thinking that since that game was originally supposed to be released in 2007 (but the butthurt fans were impatient imbeciles therefore SEGA rushed to get the game done within 2006), I was thinking since the game is practically unfinished, what if they made some remastered version where they ironed out all of the glitches, upped the animations in the cutscenes and sped the characters up more (especially Silver...like...my god could he go any freaking slower...on second thought I don't want to know)? I think it would have a possibility to revitalize its chance of actually being a good game. Tell me what you guys think! I think it would be a great idea to do this due to how much failure and humiliation Sonic had ever since the game was released. Tell me your guys' thoughts!
Posted Image

#2 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

I don't think it deserves a remake.

I may be a bit biased, but I don't think Sonic has been a good franchise for years, and I think SEGA needs to move on.....

Edited by Voldemort the Egg McMuffin, 12 September 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

There is still the problem of Sonic hooking up with a human. That would have to change...

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

There is still the problem of Sonic hooking up with a human. That would have to change...

Haha. Yeah everybody with their favorite Sonic couples are still pissed about that...including me. Lol.
(Incase you are wondering which mine is all you have to do is look at my profile picture XD)

Edited by Brenzicure, 12 September 2012 - 05:47 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

No, Sonic 06 was a trainwreck from the beginning. The plot was bad and the game was worse. The characters added were dull and uninspiring. They added Original the Character 2, with time powers and Original the Character 3, who was just a darker version of Shadow.

I may be a bit honest, but I don't think Sonic has been a good franchise for years, and I think SEGA needs to move on.....

Sonic Colors and Generations were great games. I didn't play the latter, but it shows that SEGA is still capable of making a good game. (In my opinion, Sonic Heroes was one of the last good Sonic games and Shadow was an okay game. Sonic Unleashed was great too, but I guess I'm in the minority who can look past the night levels.)

#6 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hey Sega I have an idea, why don't you make a game like Sonic Adventure 2 but newer with better graphics. Your mind was just blown wasn't it.

#7 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hey Sega I have an idea, why don't you make a game like Sonic Adventure 2 but newer with better graphics. Your mind was just blown wasn't it.

So I see you're hoping for a Sonic Adventure 3 as well as I am?
Posted Image

#8 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

I don't think it deserves a remake.

I may be a bit honest, but I don't think Sonic has been a good franchise for years, and I think SEGA needs to move on.....

I agree with you 100%.

#9 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

No, Sonic 06 was a trainwreck from the beginning. The plot was bad and the game was worse. The characters added were dull and uninspiring. They added Original the Character 2, with time powers and Original the Character 3, who was just a darker version of Shadow.

Sonic Colors and Generations were great games. I didn't play the latter, but it shows that SEGA is still capable of making a good game. (In my opinion, Sonic Heroes was one of the last good Sonic games and Shadow was an okay game. Sonic Unleashed was great too, but I guess I'm in the minority who can look past the night levels.)

I don't deny that. I still feel that the overall quality of Sonic just isn't there.

#10 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

Sonic 06 was the first Sonic game I ever played.... It pretty much scared me off of the series until I finally built up the nerve to give Sonic Colors a try a year or two ago. I say we should just do our best to forget that 06 ever happened.
Posted Image

#11 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

No one... and I swear no one... wants a remake of 06.

794144.png?13383682

#12 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

I personally wish Sonic team should work on another Billy Hatcher or spruce the game up and put it on the 3DS before trying to remake a terrible game.
I think they should try 2.5D Sonic game. From what I know, most of the 3D/recent Sonic games aren't that great.

2lvmghw.png

#13 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

Sonic 06 was the first Sonic game I ever played....

You poor soul. :-(

#14 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Sonic 06 was the first Sonic game I ever played.... It pretty much scared me off of the series until I finally built up the nerve to give Sonic Colors a try a year or two ago. I say we should just do our best to forget that 06 ever happened.

Funny thing is, in terms of the story, Sonic 06 never did happen XD
Posted Image

#15 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image

"It's no use!"

The plot was pretty terrible, and polish+smoking mirrors won't really change that.

Edited by Tom, 12 September 2012 - 06:37 PM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#16 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Posted Image

"It's no use!"

The plot was pretty terrible, and polish+smoking mirrors won't really change that.

I thought the plot was okay...meh...and I'm glad that the timeline of that game was erased...even though upon it being erased it means that we went through all of that pain and suffering for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in terms for the story of the Sonic series...but oh well.
Posted Image

#17 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

I don't deny that. I still feel that the overall quality of Sonic just isn't there.

Tails: "Hey Sonic, wanna go get a cheese dog?"
Sonic: "Sure Tails, I love Cheese dogs just as much as I like being hip and cool."
Tails: "Oh no! Look Sonic, it's eggman! I'm going to hide behind you because I lack moral support and I sound like a girl."
Professor Robotik Robert Robonot Roboto Eggman: "Oh, boy, Sonic. You wont believe what I have done. I have collected all the chaos emeralds and placed them in my robot bosses. Now the world is mine to fill with terrible egg puns!"
Original Robot: "I'm eggman robot # 3447 Beta. Clever pun/stupid remark."
Ned: "I'm dog-dude, the salamander. I am under the wrong impression and want to kill you now."
Sonic: "I beat your robots egg-breath"
*Audience laugh*
Eggdude: "Now you have to beat me and my new out of control robot/monster. Save me Sonic."
Goku Sonic: "Time to go Super Sonic with the power of friendship. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"
So Sonic beat the monster and spent time with all his friends. Until next week.

#18 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Sonic shouldve died when SEGA stopped making consoles

#19 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

This game doesn't deserve a remake.

I mean, does anyone remember how mediocre the story was? Not to mention the voice acting...

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#20 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

I personally wish Sonic team should work on another Billy Hatcher or spruce the game up and put it on the 3DS before trying to remake a terrible game.
I think they should try 2.5D Sonic game. From what I know, most of the 3D/recent Sonic games aren't that great.

Actually ever since Sonic Unleashed came out, SEGA has been going back on track in terms of Sonic games. In fact the most recent one, Sonic Generations, is my #1 favorite 3D Sonic game today :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!