22 replies to this topic

#1 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

POPULAR

This is why wii u is too expensive :P...
this is obviously a joke trolling people who call Wii U expensive

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg

Edited by B.R.I.A.N, 15 September 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

POPULAR

Yeah, people complaining are ridiculous..best value on a console..period
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

I haven't seen anyone complain.

#4 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

and now adjust for inflation and the Wii U becomes a bargain ^^

#5 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

We still don't know the performance of the wii u so a direct comparison with consoles launched 6 years ago approx may not be relevant. If the wii u only matches their performance for example the value comparison is terrible as 7 years has passed. In those 7 years PC performance has changed hugely for the same level of cost. If its performance is similar it may be fair to compare the wii u to the prices of ps3 and 360 now not at launch.

#6 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Obviously, you won't see it here.

#7 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

This comparison is very beautiful. Thank you... just... THANK YOU.

#8 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

This comparison is very beautiful. Thank you... just... THANK YOU.

That image does put things into percepective.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Good graphic. But I think most butthurts' say that the wii u is on-par with the systems which launched 6 or 7 years ago, yet cost around the same price as they did when they launched.
There's a few misconceptions these people have, which are hidden behind their simple "I wanted it to be 249.99 :'("

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

It's expensive compared to Nintendo's previous products, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's expensive, but I am actually willing to pay that much as opposed to Microsoft or Sony.

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

Obviously, you won't see it here.

No duh, I'm not only on this site. I don't see any complaints on Youtube. Probably on Neogaf they have some.

#12 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

That image does put things into percepective.

explain to me more...

#13 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

per·spec·tive
[per-spek-tiv]
noun

1. a technique of depicting volumes and spatial relationships on a flat surface. Compare aerial perspective, linear perspective.
2. a picture employing this technique, especially one in which it is prominent: an architect's perspective of a house.
3. a visible scene, especially one extending to a distance; vista: a perspective on the main axis of an estate.
4. the state of existing in space before the eye: The elevations look all right, but the building's composition is a failure in perspective.
5. the state of one's ideas, the facts known to one, etc., in having a meaningful interrelationship: You have to live here a few years to see local conditions in perspective.

explain to me more...

#14 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Neogaf.
Posted Image

#15 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

Anyone who calls the wii U expensive is just stupid. Now looking at the comparison's, the wii U is cheap cheap.

794144.png?13383682

#16 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

We still don't know the performance of the wii u so a direct comparison with consoles launched 6 years ago approx may not be relevant. If the wii u only matches their performance for example the value comparison is terrible as 7 years has passed. In those 7 years PC performance has changed hugely for the same level of cost. If its performance is similar it may be fair to compare the wii u to the prices of ps3 and 360 now not at launch.

I think its pretty obvious that the Wii U can run graphics better than current-gen as it has newer shaders (lighting and shadows hugely improved), GPGPU (better physics/post processing) and a ton of RAM (higher resolution textures, less texture pop up). Oh and that is all while outputting an extra FWVGA framebuffer to the gamepad.

Just look at ZombiU, there is some stuff going on there with lighting and post processing that I do not believe PS3 or Xbox 360 can do.

Then there is the cost of the gamepad itself, which people seem to be forgetting.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 15 September 2012 - 06:44 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#17 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

In my opinion the Wii U is very cheap, maybe in the power department is between this gen and the next gen, but remember that the gamepad isn't cheap and this is why the price is good. If anyone thinks that the price is unfair is just a troll, even Patcher says the price is good.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Neogaf.

lol...their not people...
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#19 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

Well, the difference is that Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 both came with new hardware while Wii U comes with only slightly better hardware then what we got back then, 7 years ago. Both Microsoft and Sony sold their hardware with loss, while Nintendo will earn on every sold platform.
Either way i think the price is legit. Its a new platform either way and people are buying it for the games that are made and will be made during the next five (plus) years. Not based on what chips are in it.

#20 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Man the price is fine, I'm happy to pay 350 for a new console that is going to give me a new and unique way of playing games. Nintendo never lets me down ever. So I know that the WiiU is worth the price.

Plus 300/350 isn't even that much. Think of what you'll be paying when the PS4 and 720 come out. I bet you those will cost more than 400 dollars for sure.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!