#41 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

I'll be going to the midnigh release XD Gamestop is right down my street so I'll probably be the first one there :P

#42 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm going to my local GameStop ( pretty much the only one I go to unless I'm not in the area or they don't have a game in stock). Probably going to get there around 6:00PM, depending on the weather I might bring my 3DS for some Streetpasses. I haven't really gone to many midnight launches, only for SSBB, Zelda Skyward Sword, the 3DS and ( obviously) the Wii U. My GameStop hasn't said anything about a midnight launch, but considering it's ( presumably) sold out, a midnight launch is likely ( they had one for the 3DS). My GameStop usually lets everyone line up outside and lets us in to get our place in line ( they give out tickets, so you don't have to stay the entire time. I do though). I just enjoy talking to others and messing around with console demo units until around 11:55. At that time I plan to have a CD player with me and play the Final Countdown on it.

#43 Zombiecakez

Zombiecakez

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Bowser is AMAZING!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Im taking my 3ds my GF some food and hopefully some friends will come to keep me company

Posted Image

#44 patchboston

patchboston

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

I don't mind lol I live in ohio :( sadly

Ohio is the bee's knees...Cleveland is, anyways!

I don't have any rituals planned for the midnight launch, but you can bet I'll be bundled up for the cold weather, have a thermos with hot choc. and someone to keep the car warm, post-launch (i.e., the girlfriend.) :)

#45 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

If I pre-ordered from GS, how early should I get there for a midnight release?

#46 Zombiecakez

Zombiecakez

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Bowser is AMAZING!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

depends when a line will start forming and how big of a hype there is ima go so early

Posted Image

#47 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

However, I should get mine due to pre-ordering early, no matter the line, right?

#48 Zombiecakez

Zombiecakez

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Bowser is AMAZING!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

well if the place you preordered does it by who preordered first your fine if they do it by line then your kinda screwed if your last in line

Posted Image

#49 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

Question, just how does this work?? They do sell them by pre orders right?? Because if not what's the whole point if pre ordering.

I don't think people camp out here, not in this part of Georgia, but they might line up early. I have never pre-ordered anything, so I wouldn't know. From the Youtube videos of launch videos, it seems as if they just take first come first serve.

#50 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

Question, just how does this work?? They do sell them by pre orders right?? Because if not what's the whole point if pre ordering.

I don't think people camp out here, not in this part of Georgia, but they might line up early. I have never pre-ordered anything, so I wouldn't know. From the Youtube videos of launch videos, it seems as if they just take first come first serve.

The point of lining up early, or camping for people who do preorder is partly a safeguard in the event they don't have enough stock for all the preorders, and partly to hang out with other fans all hyped.
There's also people who line up early/camp who did not preorder... which is why they're there early, to snatch up any spares before anyone else.
Yes, the whole ordeal is first come first serve, but they're supposed to make sure they don't just give out preordered systems to anyone.
Posted Image

#51 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

I've done a few system launches before but this is the first time I've preordered one. Not worried about being mugged any one that dumb is going to have to dig a 45 cal zombie max out of there butt. :) que evil laugh.

Rofl. This is my first pre order as well. Usually I camp target all night lol
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#52 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

The point of lining up early, or camping for people who do preorder is partly a safeguard in the event they don't have enough stock for all the preorders, and partly to hang out with other fans all hyped.
There's also people who line up early/camp who did not preorder... which is why they're there early, to snatch up any spares before anyone else.
Yes, the whole ordeal is first come first serve, but they're supposed to make sure they don't just give out preordered systems to anyone.

Well I just hope that I still get one, that sucks if they do give out pre ordered systems. I'm really not prepared to be in a over night line

Edited by GreatestGamer, 20 September 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#53 Heffir

Heffir

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

Well I just hope that I still get one, that sucks if they do give out pre ordered systems. I'm really not prepared to be in a over night line

My Gamestop only gives them to people who preordered at midnight, and keep the preordered systems reserved for 24 hours before selling them to public, and if you tell them you can't make it until the next day or two, they'll put a note on one and hold it for you.
$150 down, $200 to go. #DeluxeWiiU

#54 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

Oh you live in Georgia? I do too XD

#55 Hyrule's Samurai

Hyrule's Samurai

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Is anyone going to go to Nintendo World for launch at midnight? Because if they are, I will be there.

#56 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

My Gamestop only gives them to people who preordered at midnight, and keep the preordered systems reserved for 24 hours before selling them to public, and if you tell them you can't make it until the next day or two, they'll put a note on one and hold it for you.

Ok, well I'm gone hope for the best. I gotta go to 2 different gamestops due that I pre ordered the system at one, and majority of games at another one.

Oh you live in Georgia? I do too XD

Yea, I'm in South Georgia, even events like Black Friday and Game launches normally don't get any crowds. So I hope it is the same way for Wii U, although it did take me a entire year to get a Wii.

I imagine North Georgia by ATL and etc, to be much more busy during Launch, and camping out might be required.

Edited by GreatestGamer, 20 September 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#57 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

However, I should get mine due to pre-ordering early, no matter the line, right?

There have been instances where store release pre-order stock to the general public. It's sad but true. Depending on how popular Nintendo is at your Gamestop, I would say anywhere from a couple of hours to about half a day.

#58 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

They shouldn't give out preordered systems unless you don't get there within the stated time. (Usually a week to pick it up I think?) Individual stores may accidentally sell too many systems if the people working there mess up and count wrong. But as Noona said, sometimes stores do open the stock open to the public sooner than they should. :/ So it'd be good to get there early even if you can't get there at 12am lol.
Posted Image

#59 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'll probably get there an hour or two early. I'll also make sure they don't plan to give out pre-orders.

#60 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm really stoked for this launch! ^_^ I was in about the 4th or 5th grade when the Wii came out, so this is the first ever non-handheld launch I'm going to! :laugh:

The Joestars always have a strategy. And that is to...
RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!