• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#21 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

There are a few people that go to first day launches but don't get the system. They like to go for the experience and spending time with people of their culture. It is still fun.

Hmmm. Tempting but I couldn't see myself waiting for two days with you guys and not getting it. xD
Posted Image

#22 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

My best experience was for the xbox360 ...I dragged my friend mike with me...funny thing is he won a 360 on a mountain dew cap and got it 4 days before launch in the mail...waited to the perfect time and when the 40 people in front of us were slightly quiet ..."HE HAS A 360 IN HIS CAR!!!!!! HE WON IT FROM MOUNTAIN DEW! GET HIM!"

The look on his face was classic..he turned pale as a ghost and everyone looked at him like wwwhhaaaaa??? lol

You just gave me the best idea for the WiiU launch with Tsu... I'll video tape the results and send them to you so we can laugh and compare!

#23 CBreeze5g

CBreeze5g

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

Me and Noona are going to wait in line at Nintendo World 48 hours in advance, that way we are definitely the first to get the system. And about safetly at night it's true that the world is a dangerous place, especially here in NY. So I'm bringing a knife. But I will probably get picked up and driven home so that takes a lot of the worry off of me. Just always try to have friends with you and you should be good.

I also live in NY but not int the city I used to though so I don't blame you for being cautious. I want to try and pre-order as I have never gotten a system at launch. I do know if I do I'm bringing friends. I'll go check out my best buy after work to see if I can still preorder in store.

Edited by CBreeze5g, 16 September 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#24 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hmmm. Tempting but I couldn't see myself waiting for two days with you guys and not getting it. xD

Yeah I guess, would be fun to have an extra person though.

You just gave me the best idea for the WiiU launch with Tsu... I'll video tape the results and send them to you so we can laugh and compare!

What are you gonna do? Tell people I have a WiiU in my bag that I won from a Pepsi cap? Lol

Uhhh.....Cbreeze why did you quote my post but say nothing in reply to it?

Oh wait now I see it. And yeah good luck pre-ordering it.

Edited by Tsuchinoko, 16 September 2012 - 01:44 PM.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#25 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

Totally looking forward to it Lol! If me and Sushi weren't 6-7 hours on the other side of NY state we would join yas
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#26 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

You know, since people are there, waiting in line, one could probably make food off the back of their truck or something and sell it to people waiting. :D

The Joestars always have a strategy. And that is to...
RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#27 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

If you are wondering what it looks like to get to the midnight launch late, this is a video I made last year for the MW3 midnight launch at my EB Games. ABout 35 seconds in the employee explains how "pre-ringing" works, which is what I assume they will all be doing at most midnight launches with a ton of people.

Edited by Spleenzorio, 16 September 2012 - 07:51 PM.

Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#28 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

oh don't get lost that one's important

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#29 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

So how do these launches work? Do people who preordered them get first dibs and then they usher in the non-preorder people afterwards, or is is just first come-first serve? I'd like to hope the former, but it's most likely gonna be the latter. :o

RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#30 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

Totally looking forward to it Lol! If me and Sushi weren't 6-7 hours on the other side of NY state we would join yas

Nuuu! Do you guys ever visit NYC?

#31 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

So how do these launches work? Do people who preordered them get first dibs and then they usher in the non-preorder people afterwards, or is is just first come-first serve? I'd like to hope the former, but it's most likely gonna be the latter. :o

They let you in by order of who is on the line. If they have 20 preorders and 30 in stock, they'll only let 10 be bought without preorder. If they have none extra (or are lying to hoard for black friday) they will turn down anyone without a preorder.
Posted Image

#32 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:15 AM

Nuuu! Do you guys ever visit NYC?

I used to take the train there from Buffalo a lot, but we haven't been in over 2 years
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#33 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

They let you in by order of who is on the line. If they have 20 preorders and 30 in stock, they'll only let 10 be bought without preorder. If they have none extra (or are lying to hoard for black friday) they will turn down anyone without a preorder.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. ^_^

I might have sort of a midnight launch party/sleepover, as my friends are probably gonna be dead tired by the time we get back. :D Probably just gonna stock up on some snacks from the dollar store, throw some lawn chairs and blankets into my truck and head down there and bring my 3ds in case of boredom. Then after the moment of awesomeness, head home and have my friends stay the night and maybe try and pull an all nighter with NSMB U and Nintendo Land. :3

RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#34 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Should I go to a midnight launch in GameStop or Nintendo World?

#35 Chris

Chris

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

I went to the 3DS Midnight launch at my local gameStop and that was pretty tame. Got there at around 10 and they let us in to finish paying anything off and such. If anything, you're going to be in a room full of Nintendo fans, I hope, so definitely strike up a conversation with someone. I'm socially awkward so I didn't talk for about 2 hours. (Trust me, you want to have someone to talk with.) If you can, bring a friend or family member.

Depending on where you live, you might also want to carry a weapon with you. Don't wanna get mugged an lose that new Wii U, right? J/K!!! Hopefully this doesn't happen as often as I'm lead to believe.

Depending how early you plan on arriving, you might want to bring some food. Nothing fancy, maybe some hot chocolate/soda and some chips? Hot chocolate and Doritos sound...disgusting together. Bleh

And finally, have fun! You'll have your Wii U soon!!! Unless the store messes up.

Aside from that, this year I pre-ordered at Best Buy. Anyone know if they do things differently?

Oh yeah, if you have a 3DS bring it with you! Hopefully you'll get plenty of Streetpass data!

Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1332-9041-3756

Feel free to add me as a Friend! c:

#36 Zombiecakez

Zombiecakez

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Bowser is AMAZING!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

This is my first console midnight release I've been to tons of game midnight releases at my gamestop which also has a subway like 20 feet away lol there attached by the same building I'm so excited depending when a line starts forming is when im going to show up

Posted Image

#37 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

This is my first console midnight release I've been to tons of game midnight releases at my gamestop which also has a subway like 20 feet away lol there attached by the same building I'm so excited depending when a line starts forming is when im going to show up

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live?

#38 Zombiecakez

Zombiecakez

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Bowser is AMAZING!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

I don't mind lol I live in ohio :( sadly

Posted Image

#39 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

I've done a few system launches before but this is the first time I've preordered one. Not worried about being mugged any one that dumb is going to have to dig a 45 cal zombie max out of there butt. :) que evil laugh.

#40 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

I never been to a launch, Always have gotten my system later on that week our later in the year. But I did preorder Wii U, launch videos on YouTube look fun, hanging out all night with other gamers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!