82 replies to this topic

#21 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

https://twitter.com/IBMWatson

So... is there still going to be a discussion about this, or do we believe IBM is telling the truth here...?

HHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAH THEY CONFIRMED ITS SOI PROCESS AND THE 45NM PROCESS.....

ITS SILICON ON INSULATOR 45 NM THE SAME PROCESS NOT THE SAME CPU

GUESS WHAT GENIUS BROADWAY IS 90NM SILICON ON INSULATOR HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

THEY CONFIRMED THE 45NM SIZE AND THE SILICON ON INSULATOR SPEC THAT BROADWAY CELL AND XENON ALSO HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POWERPC ESPRESSO THE WIIU CPU POWERPC 476FP THE CHIP ITS BASED ON AND POWER7 ARE ALL 45NM SILICON ON INSULATOR

ALL IBM CPUS AT 45 NM ARE SILICON ON INSULATOR AND COPPERWIRE AND LIKELY DOUBLE INSULATOR ALL THE LATEST IBM PROCESSES

Edited by thehappening, 17 September 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#22 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

THEY CONFIRMED THE 45NM SIZE AND THE SILICON ON INSULATOR SPEC THAT BROADWAY CELL AND XENON ALSO HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POWERPC ESPRESSO THE WIIU CPU POWERPC 476FP THE CHIP ITS BASED ON AND POWER7 ARE ALL 45NM SILICON ON INSULATOR

ALL IBM CPUS AT 45 NM ARE SILICON ON INSULATOR AND COPPERWIRE AND LIKELY DOUBLE INSULATOR ALL THE LATEST IBM PROCESSES

Yeah... except this time they actually wrote "power7".

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

No dude. aybe you should READ the tweet.

They specifically say power 7.

IBM Watson @ IBMWatson 24h
@Xbicio @BoostFire The Wii U is a
custom 45nm #power7 chip. Same SOI
design in #ibmwatson

Its over kid let it go.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

POPULAR

Just admit it man, your wrong. Custom power7 CPU is what's in the wii u! Stop ranting and be happy that ninty put a powerful computer in there system. Turn off the caps lock and chillax.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#25 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Just like I know more about syrup than Aunt Jemima. LOL

It is hilarious.

And Microsoft will still be standing by their "Wii U is only as powerful as 360" comment. They are so credible when evaluating the competition - you know, like when Steve Ballmer laughed the original iPhone off...

And we know how that went.

I'm glad that did happen because it wouldn't have put Microsoft in the position they're in right now. If the iPhone never came out man what a rubbish mobile world we would live in. If it weren't for the iPhone we wouldn't have Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8.

So I'm glad that happened.

Also about Wii U being equal to 360, it's what the press are saying not the game companies IIRC. It's near ridiculous for it not be more powerful considering the time thats passed and that how obselete the components are by todays PC standards.

Game sites really need to stop saying it's current gen hardware times 1.25.

Dude that leak list was already debunked when it said 32MB as Memory 1 and 1GB for Memory 2.

And is debunked by three official confirmations.

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 17 September 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#26 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm glad that did happen because it wouldn't have put Microsoft in the position they're in right now. If the iPhone never came out man what a rubbish mobile world we would live in. If it weren't for the iPhone we wouldn't have Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8.

So I'm glad that happened.

Also about Wii U being equal to 360, it's what the press are saying not the game companies IIRC. It's near ridiculous for it not be more powerful considering the time thats passed and that how obselete the components are by todays PC standards.

Game sites really need to stop saying it's current gen hardware times 1.25.

Competition is great. If no Windows Mobile or Android, then no iOS 6. The iPhone keeps getting better and we have Android and WP8 to thank.

And it's not only anonymous developers (note the press, who merely quote them) who are casting misinformation, MS directly mentioned it.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 17 September 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#27 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

I knew he was going to start...

Wait didn't you say a month ago that it was Power7 and that PowerPC was dead?

It's officially Power7 and u can't change it just to make yourself look better

Edited by Heyheyharold, 17 September 2012 - 02:35 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#28 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

right. Just like, you know, the Power7.

And in case you missed it, IBM actually spelled it out for you numerous times including this one.

p
o
w
e
r

line by line if need be. sheesh.

and silicon on insulator isn't a "spec," it's... oh, nevermind...

there are people wondering why these threads keep popping up.

this is why...

Edited by Socalmuscle, 17 September 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#29 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

TBH I don't even know if your serious anymore or if you was ever serious .

#30 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

My jaws was correct!!! Happening came and tried to reject a direct statement that power7 is in wii u! I agree with the lonely Koopa, I don't think happening can be serious.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#31 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

So, CPU is more powerful and GPU less?
Or what?
I just want to know.

#32 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

So, CPU is more powerful and GPU less?
Or what?
I just want to know.

With just quickly thinking I believe it seems like the GPU and CPU are going to roughly equal with little bottlenecking issues.

#33 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

hahahahahahahaha they wrote power7 yes in REFERENCE to the process 45nm and silicon on insulator its the same FABRICATION PROCESS NOT CPU

the cpu is esspresso as in cafe as in havinga coffee at the cafe = the wiiu cpu as confirmed at vgleaks 3xcore broadway 2 32mb edram and 1gb ram for games esspresso is clearly the cpu everyone in the know stated POWERPC 4XX BROADWAYFIED 3X CORE 45NM = power7 process not chip there is no 3xcore single thread cpu in existence anywere on this planet

vgleaks themselves are agreeing with every sigle powerpc 476fp post there why because the cpu is a powerpc 4xx 3x core 128 bit bus ring bus likely soc or sop thats system on chip or system on package

lol a power7 was confirmed after the esspresso cpu is clearly confirmed LOL

Edited by thehappening, 17 September 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#34 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

hahahahahahahaha they wrote power7 yes in REFERENCE to the process 45nm and silicon on insulator its the same FABRICATION PROCESS NOT CPU

the cpu is esspresso as in cafe as in havinga coffee at the cafe = the wiiu cpu as confirmed at vgleaks 3xcore broadway 2 32mb edram and 1gb ram for games esspresso is clearly the cpu everyone in the know stated POWERPC 4XX BROADWAYFIED 3X CORE 45NM = power7 process not chip there is no 3xcore single thread cpu in existence anywere on this planet

vgleaks themselves are agreeing with every sigle powerpc 476fp post there why because the cpu is a powerpc 4xx 3x core 128 bit bus ring bus likely soc or sop thats system on chip or system on package

lol a power7 was confirmed after the esspresso cpu is clearly confirmed LOL

OK, so you think that IBM would actually lie and say that the chip is power7 just because it's made as silicon on insulator and 45 nm? I don't want to be rude, so I will just say that that would be totally insane by them. And your last statement sort of insinuates that you'd rather trust some anonymous source on vgleaks than the actual manufacturer itself, and that's also kind of insane.

#35 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

AT NO POINT DID IBM SAY WIIU HAD A POWER 7 try reading the english languge correctly

they said a long time ago like whatson's brain YES>>>>>LIKE<<<<< whatsons brain aka 45nm and EDRAM

the above tweet or whatever again there refering to LIKE POWER7 the tweet clearly shows power7 45nm silicon on insulator the marketingh guys at IBM are marketing the PROCESS as thye same as power 7 ITS WORD TRICKERY your just not reading it right

THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SINGLE THREAD CORE POWER7 IN EXISTENCE THE WIIU HAS 3X OUT OF ORDER SINGLE THREAD CORES = POWERPC 4XX FAMILY THE FASTEST 32 BIT CORE ON THE PLANET @ 5 INSTRUCTIONS PER CLOCK

ITS THE XBOX 360 EDRAM HAS 256GB BANDWIDTH ALL OVER AGAIN words used to trick u

gx single core powerpc GX2 wiiu multi core powerpc GET IT

Edited by thehappening, 18 September 2012 - 12:26 AM.

#36 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

ok this is my opinion on the CPU debate. one everything is custom so there is no way for ANYONE except nintendo and IBM to know exactly what it will be capable of. i think nintendo from the start had two dev kits out for developers they were testing both of them one had the 3core powerpc 476fp and the other a quad core 3 ghz power 7. i think the specs that are getting leaked are from developers are people in the know of the 3core power pc kit. i believe nintendo talked to devs and understood they needed to give them a little more... to ensure Wii U isnt forgot about in 3 years due to weak hardware. i believe the final kits will have quad core power7 chips CPU and e6760 type GPU as far as architecture goes. ladies and gentlemen my gamers and friend that configuration will ensure that nintendo can play with the big boys next gen.... not out perform them but seriously if wii u is 2-3x (i hate the stupid multiplers but it applies right now) weaker than nextbox than it will be just fine and will receive 3rd party support if the developers see there is an audience for their game on the system.

Edited by TRON, 18 September 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#37 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

AT NO POINT DID IBM SAY WIIU HAD A POWER 7 try reading the english languge correctly

they said a long time ago like whatson's brain YES>>>>>LIKE<<<<< whatsons brain aka 45nm and EDRAM

the above tweet or whatever again there refering to LIKE POWER7 the tweet clearly shows power7 45nm silicon on insulator the marketingh guys at IBM are marketing the PROCESS as thye same as power 7 ITS WORD TRICKERY your just not reading it right

THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SINGLE THREAD CORE POWER7 IN EXISTENCE THE WIIU HAS 3X OUT OF ORDER SINGLE THREAD CORES = POWERPC 4XX FAMILY THE FASTEST 32 BIT CORE ON THE PLANET @ 5 INSTRUCTIONS PER CLOCK

ITS THE XBOX 360 EDRAM HAS 256GB BANDWIDTH ALL OVER AGAIN words used to trick u

gx single core powerpc GX2 wiiu multi core powerpc GET IT

OK, so the words "The WiiU is a custom 45nm power7 chip" actually translates into "The WiiU is not a power7 chip. It is however built using the same process as a power7 chip." Very clever use of words, indeed. IBM almost tricked me there, glad you're here to sort things up.

#38 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

the wiiu cpu is POWERPC 400 FAMILY AS THAT REPLACED THE DEBUNKED 750 FAMILY THAT WAS STOPPED AT 90NM AND DIDNT SUPPORT SMP

POWERPC 400 MOVED TO 45NM AND SUPPORTED SMP ""MULTI CORE PROCESSING""

ESSPRESSO IS CLEARLY A POWERPC 45 NM 400 WITH BROADWAY FIED CORES AND A CUSTOM EDRAM CATCH ESSPRESSO IS CLEARLY SAYING EXPRESS AS IN FAST AS IN CAFE AS IN FAST FOOD

ONE CORE HAS ITS OWN 2MB CATCH SO THATS THE EXPRESS CORE THE TURBO CORE CAFE AND ESPRESSO ARE CLEARLY TALKING ABOUT FAST MULTI TASKING THE BROADWAY 2 CORE X 3 WITH A BIG FAST CATCH IS CLEARLY THAT CPU

EVERYTHING VGLEAKS LEAK = 100% FACTUAL SENCE ITS A GAMECUBE 2 DESIGN AS IN THERE 7TH HARDWARE NOT 8TH AS THE Wii DIDNT GET NEW HARDWARE IN SPECS THERE TWEEKED THIS IS A HD ERA MULTI CORE ERA CPU AND NEW GPU

THERES MANY MANY ARTICLES STATING NINTENDO LEFT THE HARDWARE RACE SO TO SPEAK WHEN THEY DESIGNED GAMECUBE AS IN THEY HAD THERE OWN HARDWARE FOR THE FUTURE AND WILL BUILD FROM IT THATS EXACTLY WHAT NINTENDO HAS DONE

LIKE HANDHELDS ARE BASED AROUND ARM ITS JUST A SET PATH NINTENDO IS ON

power 7 makes no sence power 7 process and things like power 7 makes perfect sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the tri core powerpc cpu in wiiu is like 5 watts power consumption powerpc 4xx family is slightly more power use than ARM A9 CORES a9s are 1 watt plus and powerpc 4xx are 1.6watts at 1.6ghz clock

likely clock speeds are 1.6ghz cpu and 800mhz gpu roughly give or take im hoping for a high gpu clock gpu looking based on amd 4670 (320 stream processors)

ok this is my opinion on the CPU debate. one everything is custom so there is no way for ANYONE except nintendo and IBM to know exactly what it will be capable of. i think nintendo from the start had two dev kits out for developers they were testing both of them one had the 3core powerpc 476fp and the other a quad core 3 ghz power 7. i think the specs that are getting leaked are from developers are people in the know of the 3core power pc kit. i believe nintendo talked to devs and understood they needed to give them a little more... to ensure Wii U isnt forgot about in 3 years due to weak hardware. i believe the final kits will have quad core power7 chips CPU and e6760 type GPU as far as architecture goes. ladies and gentlemen my gamers and friend that configuration will ensure that nintendo can play with the big boys next gen.... not out perform them but seriously if wii u is 2-3x (i hate the stupid multiplers but it applies right now) weaker than nextbox than it will be just fine and will receive 3rd party support if the developers see there is an audience for their game on the system.

take powerpc 476fp wave a wand at it presto its broadway -fied ad a customized level 2 catch theres your wiiu cpu

its level 2 catch is edram not sram likely and at 1.6ghz would match the x360 cpu catch clock but give it 2x minimum the bandwidth then compare 3mb to 1 mb and broadways custom data compression presto a catch memory that utterly azz stings xenon

at 45nm 3mb edram is same size and power consumtion as 1mb sram so 3x catch and 2x min bandwidth on cpu to xenon with no extra power draw

its all coming together nice

yes of course its custom its very custom its not pc its nintendo and powerpc 476fp is number 1 32 bit core on the planet its the pakman of the junior weght class fighters so to speak ARM A9 IS A CONTENDER BUT POWERPC 476FP IS THE CHAMP WITH ALL THE BELTS NOT BAD HAY TO BASE A SMALL CONSOLE CPU ON

GPU IM GUESSING 8 ROPS 32 TEXTURE UNITS 320 STREAM PROCESSORS 32MB EDRAM AND CUSTOM POST PROCESSING AND CUSTOM UP GRADED LIGHTING shader model 4

Edited by thehappening, 18 September 2012 - 12:54 AM.

#39 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

the wiiu cpu is POWERPC 400 FAMILY AS THAT REPLACED THE DEBUNKED 750 FAMILY THAT WAS STOPPED AT 90NM AND DIDNT SUPPORT SMP

POWERPC 400 MOVED TO 45NM AND SUPPORTED SMP ""MULTI CORE PROCESSING""

ESSPRESSO IS CLEARLY A POWERPC 45 NM 400 WITH BROADWAY FIED CORES AND A CUSTOM EDRAM CATCH ESSPRESSO IS CLEARLY SAYING EXPRESS AS IN FAST AS IN CAFE AS IN FAST FOOD

ONE CORE HAS ITS OWN 2MB CATCH SO THATS THE EXPRESS CORE THE TURBO CORE CAFE AND ESPRESSO ARE CLEARLY TALKING ABOUT FAST MULTI TASKING THE BROADWAY 2 CORE X 3 WITH A BIG FAST CATCH IS CLEARLY THAT CPU

EVERYTHING VGLEAKS LEAK = 100% FACTUAL SENCE ITS A GAMECUBE 2 DESIGN AS IN THERE 7TH HARDWARE NOT 8TH AS THE Wii DIDNT GET NEW HARDWARE IN SPECS THERE TWEEKED THIS IS A HD ERA MULTI CORE ERA CPU AND NEW GPU

THERES MANY MANY ARTICLES STATING NINTENDO LEFT THE HARDWARE RACE SO TO SPEAK WHEN THEY DESIGNED GAMECUBE AS IN THEY HAD THERE OWN HARDWARE FOR THE FUTURE AND WILL BUILD FROM IT THATS EXACTLY WHAT NINTENDO HAS DONE

LIKE HANDHELDS ARE BASED AROUND ARM ITS JUST A SET PATH NINTENDO IS ON

power 7 makes no sence power 7 process and things like power 7 makes perfect sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the tri core powerpc cpu in wiiu is like 5 watts power consumption powerpc 4xx family is slightly more power use than ARM A9 CORES a9s are 1 watt plus and powerpc 4xx are 1.6watts at 1.6ghz clock

likely clock speeds are 1.6ghz cpu and 800mhz gpu roughly give or take im hoping for a high gpu clock gpu looking based on amd 4670 (320 stream processors)

take powerpc 476fp wave a wand at it presto its broadway -fied ad a customized level 2 catch theres your wiiu cpu

its level 2 catch is edram not sram likely and at 1.6ghz would match the x360 cpu catch clock but give it 2x minimum the bandwidth then compare 3mb to 1 mb and broadways custom data compression presto a catch memory that utterly azz stings xenon

at 45nm 3mb edram is same size and power consumtion as 1mb sram so 3x catch and 2x min bandwidth on cpu to xenon with no extra power draw

its all coming together nice

yes of course its custom its very custom its not pc its nintendo and powerpc 476fp is number 1 32 bit core on the planet its the pakman of the junior weght class fighters so to speak ARM A9 IS A CONTENDER BUT POWERPC 476FP IS THE CHAMP WITH ALL THE BELTS NOT BAD HAY TO BASE A SMALL CONSOLE CPU ON

GPU IM GUESSING 8 ROPS 32 TEXTURE UNITS 320 STREAM PROCESSORS 32MB EDRAM AND CUSTOM POST PROCESSING AND CUSTOM UP GRADED LIGHTING shader model 4

We will see. either way from what ive seen at launch im totally secure in my purchase not even thinking about what nintendo devs will do with this power.... AMAZING THINGS ARE COMING FOR WII U OWNERS.

#40 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

im totally secure with powerpc 32bit because i understand it those loosing there rags are seeing wiis cpu in there minds eye it doesnt work like that 3x core powerpc 32 bit broadways can easy be 15 x wii cpu power and remember its a true gp gpu design threads across all processors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!