• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

The Nano Assault game on the Wii U looks pretty good, but it is from the eShop on the Wii U launch day, now is the Wii U eShop & the 3DS eShop one & the same thing, ie are they linked as one the funds are allowed to be used in both, because i am wondering how people will be able to add funds to the eShop, it took a age for the scratch cards to be available for the 3DS, i am NOT putting my credit card data into the console, i have never done it on my Xboxs or the PS3, Wii or 3DS & won't be starting with the Wii U.

So i am wondering how this will all work, especially as the 3DS will be able to talk to the Wii U & vice-verser.

Because Nintendo are not very forthcoming on issues like this, has anyone seen anything regarding this on their internet travels ?

#2 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

I should think it will be, yeah. Much like the PlayStation Store, where everything is tied to the 1 account and you can top up your 1 account and use it across your home and portable consoles.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

You can input your credit card data and not save it on the console if you want. That's the same security you get on websites, at physical stores, or ordering over the phone.
You can use eshop cash cards on any eshop 3ds or wii u.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

I sure hope so. Nintendo needs to do this to have a truely great online store IMO.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

On both consoles it's called "E-shop". People may think it's not a good reason, but it is actually. They wouldn't want confusion...
Posted Image

#6 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

I think games like Mutant Mudds Deluxe and Mighty Switch Force HD should either be free or discounted to people who bought the original versions of those games on the 3DS eShop. Obviously this would require a unified account system, Nintendo needs to be like Sony. Sell a game ( like a Virtual Console game) on one console and be able to play it on all your other consoles as well.

#7 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Probably through Nintendo Network...
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#8 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

I think they will be interconnected. It's pretty obvious that is what they are trying to do now. Calling them both eShop is not a coincidence. And making the cards both usable for 3DS and WiiU isn't either.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#9 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

I swear i must be the only person who doesn't give a crap about downloadable games lol

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#10 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

I swear i must be the only person who doesn't give a crap about downloadable games lol

I'm not too big on them either. I would rather buy them in store with a case and booklets and everything. Plus they are the same price physically and on download, which to me is very stupid. But when it comes to eShop exclusives that are actually good then I am not going to miss out on a good game.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#11 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

^^^ The way i see it is, If it was that good of a game, it would be released as full game. Just my opinion anyway.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#12 Richard Fightmaster

Richard Fightmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Mega Man

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

You know what's weird about downloadable games? If you don't use your credit card and use the scratch cards, you went to the store to buy something to stop you from having to go to the store...

DC1iHjB.png?1

(Also join the Danny Sexbang fan club! http://dannysexbangf...ub.blogspot.ca/)

#13 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

You know what's weird about downloadable games? If you don't use your credit card and use the scratch cards, you went to the store to buy something to stop you from having to go to the store...

Scratch cards are useful for people who don't have credit/debit cards. Though if I have some cash, I'll just pick up a scratch card if I'm already out.

#14 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

^^^ The way i see it is, If it was that good of a game, it would be released as full game. Just my opinion anyway.

That is a really ignorant statement due to the fact lots of Indie companies can't release games to retail as it cost to much and so their only choice is digital not to mention you really can't really release a game less than 10 dollars on retail due to price ratios and many people wouldn't give these games a chance if its 20 dollars to 60 dollars that retail games are.

#15 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

^^^ In which case, If the games are that good they will eventually make enough money to either produce full games or be bought up by a bigger developer. Im just not a huge fan on paying for little games that half the time you can play a flash version on pc for free lol. Like i said before though, that's just my opinion, obviously not everyone shares the same view.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#16 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

LOL it is a small game with maybe a few hours of gameplay, if you want to spend £35-40 on a indie game then be my guest !

Years ago at the dawn of gaming indie developers were the people who got gaming to where it is today, getting people to program games should be encouraged.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, eShop, 3DS, Nano Assult

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!