Photo

Will there be a revised Wii U in the future?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros, Mario, Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

Do you you think nintendo will release a revised wii u like wii u slim or something?

#2 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

No! There is no need for that!

#3 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

Nope, Nintendo has a history of not doing revisions on game consoles (with some minor exceptions). A Wii U slim doesn't seem possible since the system is already silm.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

Doubt it. It looks like they started with the goal of making it as small as possible.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

A revised Wii U gamepad seems more likely than the system itself.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#6 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

Yes. Yes they will release one.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#7 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Please no, Nintendo!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#8 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

probably five years from now

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#9 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Actually, Nintendo revised the Wii twice, first without that bulky Silver stand, and the next without Gamecube ports, because the latest versions don't come with Gamecube controller ports. Google it if you don't believe me. Nintendo made them like the last year into selling the Wii, because they knew they were concentrating on the Wii U.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#10 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Actually, Nintendo revised the Wii twice, first without that bulky Silver stand, and the next without Gamecube ports, because the latest versions don't come with Gamecube controller ports. Google it if you don't believe me. Nintendo made them like the last year into selling the Wii, because they knew they were concentrating on the Wii U.

What does the stand have to do with it? It can stand without one... I'm confused lol. Never heard of this.
Posted Image

#11 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Yeah sorry I'm half asleep, I meant the 1 revision xD
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

In a few years when its possible to make the mcm on a smaller process they might, but....

THat things pretty damn revised already. maybe instead of having it so long theyll stack it and put a handle on it so it looks like gamecube 2.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Nes, SNes, Wii and N64 (arguably) were revised but always at the end of the consoles life.

Nes Top Loader

Posted Image

SNES Revision (Took something so beautiful and crapped all over it to make this one)
Posted Image

N64 Colors

Posted Image

Wii Revision (Removal of Gamecube support)

Posted Image

Edited by Oblivion165, 11 October 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#14 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Even though the Wii got a revision, its not like it was a major one. So i dont see it happening for the Wii U. Not a huge cosmetic one anyway.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#15 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

I doubt there will ever be a major revision like the DSi. Though since the console uses Wii Remotes ( and requires them for some games), I doubt it would remove Wii game support like what happened with newer Wiis removing GC support. We'll see console variants, possibly with some pre loaded games. But nothing like a hardware revision or making the console smaller.

#16 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

there will just be some more color variants added but that's all, the only thing i can see being added/changed is the GamePad maybe.

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Releasing a "slim" would only happen if sales were so bad they had to do something to drum it up.

It's quite an engineering investment.

I do see various colors, including clear being a possibility before too long, especially after the recent "Iwata Asks," showing an early clear case, regardless of its purpose in that episode.

Nintendo likes stuff like that.

Personally, I think the clear case, no matter what color, is uuugly.

But some people get really into it and they may even buy a second Wii U just to have it. "If it makes dollars, it makes sense." But I don't think they will do those kinds of things until they start to profit on the hardware. So probably a year out or two. right now, they want to sell as cheap as possible to drive their install base and make money on tons of games. After that, when the hardware gets cheaper, they'll find new ways to profit from hardware with new cases, etc. In the meantime, you can pay through the nose for accessories. LOL. But I don't think that's bad if it gets you a $350 console that's worth over $400.

#18 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Honestly i can't see them revising the console to the point of where you will need to upgrade, it will most likely only have small improvements that don't even matter. However the gamepad could definitely get a revision, i can imagine one with a bigger screen in the future. If the gamepad gets revamped then i won't mind as long as you can buy it separately. That way you won't have to upgrage the whole console, you can just upgrade the gamepad, making it cheaper for all of us.

#19 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

What! It's not even out yet and people are talking about a revision? relax people.

#20 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

^^^ Pretty much, probably the same people who are so hung up on the GFX side of things.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!