• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

2 years online for free? Online is free by default.

I actually meant Nintendo Network Premium. Oops!
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#62 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

Yes very much so mainly becuase it's black and I personally think it looks better then the white console. I consider everything else thrown tn the deluxe version as freebies.

#63 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Personally I rather have a black one as every piece of electronic equipment I own is black except for my Mac Mini and Wii. The Wii is going to be moved to a different room once I get my Wii U. The black one is also a far better value. As it happens I'm getting the limited edition that comes with Zombi U instead of Nintendoland as well as a pro controller. The sensor bar may also come in handy and is not included with the basic white model here in the UK.

#64 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Currently we don't know how much flash memory the wii u uses itself. Of the 8GB perhaps 3 or 4GB may be used by the system. So the comparison between memory maybe something like 4GB user space and 28GB user space. I don't know what the maximum SD card capacity is, perhaps 32GB so its a difference of 40GB max memory and 64GB max memory. As for transfer rates we know the wii u has standard usb 2.0 ports but I don't think we know the speed of the internal memory or SD card slot. All of these will likely be close or superior to reading from an optical drive but what the wii u lacks is a fast sata hard drive interface like ps3 or 360 but its faster optical drive and greater memory easily compensates for that I think.

There really is no limitation on the 8GB model as there are so many ways to expand memory but value wise its likely they may be forced to buy additional memory sooner rather than later. That said a 32GB sd card now is super cheap so no big deal. Nintendo land is appealing to me but only for about 3 of the mini games. I'd much rather have the new mario game bundled in but there you go. The accessories certainly add to the appeal. I think both options are pretty valid. Sensor bars are incredibly cheap to buy, just a few quid from ebay. My hand was forced as I simply don't want a white wii u. What I will need to get is a hdmi switcher though as I've run out of hdmi sockets on my tv. It's only got 3 and need to increase the number.

#65 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

I honestly really want the premium version solely because I ran out of 20 gb of Xbox 360 memory in no time flat. So I really need that 32gb but I dont really see much else.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#66 flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

...I want the black unit for the perks, but I will probably buy an after market see-through green case like i did for my wii...

#67 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

I had the basic pre ordered, but after playing nintendo land at the eb games expo, i changed it to the deluxe pre order.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!