• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

This should of been sorted out ages ago !

#22 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

This is really stupid on Nintendo part.......UGG

#23 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!???

Posted Image

Oh God I lol'd.

#24 Shadiwulf

Shadiwulf

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

All the hate because the pro controller doesn't support headphones... Seriously?

Edited by shadd21, 18 October 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#25 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

this is complete bs. im glad i have turtle beaches because im going to need them. Btw im sure nintendo will add party chat down the line. but maybe they want to make it their own way/style. who knows, but right now this sucks...

All the hate because the pro controller doesn't support headphones... Seriously?

if people are so pro, then why are they chatting with friends instead of concentrating solely on the game on screen?

Signature_Fox.png

#26 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

My guess as to why they're not allowing the gamepad's mic to be used for in game chat is because some games might actually use it for certain aspects. It would probably be tricky to differentiate when the mic is to be used to for an actually in game command, and when it's to be used for voice chat. For example, in the Zelda DS games, there were sections where you had to make noise/blow into the microphone in order to proceed/use an item. I'm sure whoever you're chatting with doesn't want to hear you screaming random crap or blowing into the mic. I'm sure developers will be able to program the gamepad mic for in-game chat features, like voice chat in the Union Room in the 4th gen Pokémon games, but having it as a system wide, independent feature may not be wise for those cases that a developer actually wants to use the gamepad mic for an in-game command.
Posted Image

#27 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

not only that:

-Because the microphone on the wii u game pad does NOT support IN-GAME voice chat, they are forcing you to use a headset if you want to speak, so the micros purpose its only to do that video-voice chat with someone through miiverse as far as we know but not during gameplay

-Because the voice chat its limited only to a "selected games", the developer of the game itself have to create that feature for the wii u instead of doing it nintendo, and will be non system-wide like ts or ventrilo its on a pc to talk with any friend anywere you are on the wii u like menus, e-shop-any game... etc no.. only when you are inside the game itself beign executed.

Edited by Stormage09, 18 October 2012 - 02:27 PM.

Posted Image

#28 BGriffith

BGriffith

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

In a way...for the "hardcore" crowd that doesn't like hearing screaming little kids in their ear while playing games like Call of Duty, this is a good thing. Why? Because now mom or dad has to go buy their kid a $50+ headset to talk junk to other people online.

#29 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Why would you not use a headset in a game like call of duty which requires team work to let other players know enemys postion and such same with battlefeild. I hate playing wit hsilly ponys that dont use mics on battefeild 3 cause 9 out of ten times the team that dont communicate loses.
Posted Image

#30 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

In a way...for the "hardcore" crowd that doesn't like hearing screaming little kids in their ear while playing games like Call of Duty, this is a good thing. Why? Because now mom or dad has to go buy their kid a $50+ headset to talk junk to other people online.

yeah i know that in practice no one gives a carp about voice chat, only the friends who want to play together and people like CoD clans or something like that, and its also a nice feature for MMOS like Deagon quest X atm

but its a very simple feature that dont requires that much effort to acomplish and sometimes can be very usefull, lets just call it a "basic feature" for a next gen console ok? but no, they just f.ucked it up so bad... such an easy thing... now the rest of the people have another heavy reason to not buy a wii u because is not a "competitive next gen system" even if i never use voice chat but that is the way it works

why they want 1gb of ram for the OS and then dont use it? why do you build a mic in the game pad and then it does not work with in-game voice chat?

Edited by Stormage09, 18 October 2012 - 02:41 PM.

Posted Image

#31 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

yeah i know that in practice no one gives a carp about voice chat, only the friends who want to play together and people like CoD clans or something like that, and its also a nice feature for MMOS like Deagon quest X atm

but its a very simple feature that dont requires that much effort to acomplish and sometimes can be very usefull, lets just call it a "basic feature" for a next gen console ok? but no, they just f.ucked it up so bad... such an easy thing... now the rest of the people have another heavy reason to not buy a wii u because is not a "competitive next gen system" even if i never use voice chat but that is the way it works

why they want 1gb of ram for the OS and then dont use it? why do you build a mic in the game pad and then it does not work with in-game voice chat?

why are u complaining? either way it will be good for online because it will eventually be fixed. plus this is most likely fake. 19X ps3 anybody? a nintendo rep said that too. just wait until nintendo says something . people are getting mad for no reason.

Signature_Fox.png

#32 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

not only that:

-Because the microphone on the wii u game pad does NOT support IN-GAME voice chat, they are forcing you to use a headset if you want to speak, so the micros purpose its only to do that video-voice chat with someone through miiverse as far as we know but not during gameplay

-Because the voice chat its limited only to a "selected games", the developer of the game itself have to create that feature for the wii u instead of doing it nintendo, and will be non system-wide like ts or ventrilo its on a pc to talk with any friend anywere you are on the wii u like menus, e-shop-any game... etc no.. only when you are inside the game itself beign executed.

This is why I am mad I could care less about the pro controller but not being able to use the on board microphone for in Game voice chat when you can use it for video chat just seems so dumb and pretty much begs for developers to do a crappier job with a games online.

#33 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

why are u complaining? either way it will be good for online because it will eventually be fixed. plus this is most likely fake. 19X ps3 anybody? a nintendo rep said that too. just wait until nintendo says something . people are getting mad for no reason.

i was thinking the same at the begining, it has to be a mistake or something because its the dumbbest thing ive ever heard, but apparently nintendo confirmed it ( or they say so )

i still have hope that there will be a Nintendo direct explaining all the Miiverse-Social network stuff and its features to calm down all that awful voice-chat stuff because all the people is cursing nintendo all over the internet even nintendo fans because this makes no sense

if you want to voice-chant and use the pro controller at the same time you have to connect the headset in the U pad and keep it near to you (because the headsets for the wii u are wired) while you hold the pro controler in your hands its like a hilarious situation

Edited by Stormage09, 18 October 2012 - 02:58 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Tell me who gave the quote. As far as we know we can put this as an anonymous rumor!

Edited by Nintendoes, 18 October 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#35 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Tell me who gave the quote. As far as we know we can put this as an anonymous rumor!

thats what im saying

Signature_Fox.png

#36 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

I'm not as upset as Stormage is, but he is pointing out a few inconveniences, but it goes back to things like Friend Codes. Nintendo has their policies when it comes to communication with other people.

#37 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

I'm not as upset as Stormage is, but he is pointing out a few inconveniences, but it goes back to things like Friend Codes. Nintendo has their policies when it comes to communication with other people.

i dont give a s.hit for the voice chat in consoles really, i used TS or Ventrilo in the past when ive played World of warcraft for raids and while playing League of legends with friends, but is the bad image the company is giving to all the gamers that read gaming press with theyr prehistoric policies making it even more hated ( atleast i still have faith in the miiverse stuff )

Edited by Stormage09, 18 October 2012 - 03:32 PM.

Posted Image

#38 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

I honestly think Nintendo makes everything more complicated than it needs to be, DLC! Headsets!, whats next! Lol

I better be able to use my Astros or I'm gonna FREAK!!!!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#39 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Its been posted on all the gaming websites and the way ign explains it it seems like it came from nintendo them selves and not just a rep none even mentione a rep exept for the guy that keeps posting that a rep said this.

I honestly think Nintendo makes everything more complicated than it needs to be, DLC! Headsets!, whats next! Lol

I better be able to use my Astros or I'm gonna FREAK!!!!

I agree with you and I am hopeing ican use my astro a 40s wit hthe wii u as well but its not confirmed as being compatable so who knows.
Posted Image

#40 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

I swear all you people do is worry about the little stuff... just go with the flow, The big N wont screw us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!