#41 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

I swear all you people do is worry about the little stuff... just go with the flow, The big N wont screw us

But they have before and have never really proven themselves in the online category not to mention Voice chat is not a little thing.

#42 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

But they have before and have never really proven themselves in the online category not to mention Voice chat is not a little thing.

I agree koopa
Posted Image

#43 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

I agree koopa

They are making all these steps in their online and Nintendo isnt going to just half ass something like this, its gonna have all the basic features of online gaming and then that little extra nintendo flare to it

#44 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Just reading up on the miiverse stuff again and I think miiverse could be a game changer cant wait.
Posted Image

#45 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

the solution

Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

the solution

Posted Image

Omg that is two funny reminds me of flaver flav lol
Posted Image

#47 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

They are making all these steps in their online and Nintendo isnt going to just half ass something like this, its gonna have all the basic features of online gaming and then that little extra nintendo flare to it

But see the problem is we really have no idea about Nintendo online they have been really tight lip about it from my knowledge we know this.
*Will include miiverse essential like a Forum that works (from our knowledge ) with all wiiu games .
*Unified Accounts / Eshop is better than the wii one with less requirements to put you game on it and not a stupid memory limit
*(May change hopefully) No universal support for microphones / gamepad mic can not be used / Essential at the moment the same microphone situation as the wii with a bit eased in the fact (from the information we have) no Proprietary mic.

That is it pretty much all other than internet browser and Tvii at the moment we don't even really know if they got rid of Friendcodes as reggie response to it was kinda confusing as it was pretty much " We still have friend codes but its different" which could mean 3ds friend code system or usernames we just don't know.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 18 October 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#48 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

That's Nintendo for you.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#49 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Its been posted on all the gaming websites and the way ign explains it it seems like it came from nintendo them selves and not just a rep none even mentione a rep exept for the guy that keeps posting that a rep said this.

I agree with you and I am hopeing ican use my astro a 40s wit hthe wii u as well but its not confirmed as being compatable so who knows.

the source i saw was saying it was a rep. unless they change it. unless its actually from someone in nintendos hardware division or one of the top ranks at nintenod. i wouldnt trust it

Signature_Fox.png

#50 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

I blame nintendo for all this damn confusion they need to quit jerking people around and have anintendo direct to explain evrything from final system specs to voice chat and all that jazz.
Posted Image

#51 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

One thing that interest me and I know this is all the way from 2011 is this https://www.youtube....gQ&feature=fvsr They are clearly using the wiiu pad as mics now I know this was probably before Nintendo even hardly was thinking about online and VOIP (I know it may not be called that on consoles its whats its called on PC and its easier to say ) so it probably was just ubisoft thinking towards the future without knowledge from Nintendo But still its strange that its shown being used for VOIP in this Trailer but not now a year later.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 18 October 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#52 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

the solution

Posted Image

Yep. Me and my Ninty swag.

#53 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

That is dumb, Nintendo. If the 360 can do cross-game chat ¿Why the Wii U can't do it? The Wii U has 1 GB of memory only for the OS and the 360 has like 0.5 Gb for all the system. And Nintendo, Why you put an microphone in the gamepad if you don't let us use it? :angry:
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#54 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'm not into voice chat when I play online, so this isn't a problem for me.

#55 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

This is just crap.

When you think of how much more strategic some games become with the touchpad addition, you still need voice chat to communicate plans of action.
I don't know about you guys, but I've played a lot of Ghost Recon lately, and I hardly ever find these 12 year old kids that every seems to complain (because they are probably 16+ and more mature at this point).

Don't know how many times my skin has been saved and vice versa using voice chat as a medium. Sure as hell didn't happen through the co-ordination dial.

Sucks that the Wii U won't even have a voice chat station outside of games. Sometimes I like to just communicate through party chat functions and talk to people while I do my assignments.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#56 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

People have seen videos of the GamePad mic being used directly for voice chat. Whatever happened to that?

#57 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

People have seen videos of the GamePad mic being used directly for voice chat. Whatever happened to that?

As Andy said earlier, it may not be the best idea if the game uses it as a function.

AuzzieWingman.png

#58 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

As Andy said earlier, it may not be the best idea if the game uses it as a function.

But will every game utilize the mic as an in-game feature? I don't think so. My point is just that. You'd expect a single player game to have something like that, where there really is no need to voice chat.

#59 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

I'm just saying, that scenario can happen and it's probably something Nintendo actually thought about.

AuzzieWingman.png

#60 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

I haven't pre-ordered and did the right thing of waiting and seeing. This is really a poor performance from Nintendo, what ever happened to them stepping up with their online. This is one of the reasons why Nintendo isn't an option for most gamers on other platforms, they clearly are doing it wrong, if this rumour is true.

I just came off from the GoNintendo forums and the comments we're the most one sided Nintendo fanboy comments I have ever seen, stuff like "I don't care about multiplayer, so no problem for me". What strikes me, if this rumour is true, there's a whole 1GB of RAM for the OS, for Mii Verse, but yet how can it not have the support for a system wide voice chat option. I doubt Nintendo are that stupid to not think about system wide voice chat, the box has something written about Wii U chat. I guess we'll find out in a month, but if this rumour is true, then how am I supposed to take Nintendo seriously if they can't get system wide voice chat on their console that has more memory than the 360 and PS3 (where the 360 has party chat, and don't give me the excuse of PS3 doesn't have it too, we're in 2012, PS3 was made in 2006, the reason why it isn't in PS3 is because there isn't enough RAM).

How is Nintendo supposed to capture the other gamers that play on PS3 and 360, especially since 360 users are enjoying party chat. Even the PS Vita has cross game chat. If I can't see Nintendo getting serious with this new console (lack of information, a month away from release and still no idea how online works) then how are others, cosidering I was a potential launch day buyer for this console.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!