#1 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hello people of thewiiu.com! I finally got to play the Wii U, and I must say, It's quite amazing.

The Wii U Gamepad:

It's very light.
It's quickly responsive.
It's built with typical Nintendo High Quality.
It's pretty comfortable, and feels good enough from long playthroughs.

The Wii U Console:

I didn't get to hold it due to it being in a kiosk. But what I can say, is that it's very sleek, and well designed. It will fit in just great on an entertainment center.

Here's a little footage I got while I was at GameStop:

Sorry for the shakiness and short amount of footage. I'm a shaky person and that's all I could record at the time. I suggest running the video at 720p.

Posted Image

#2 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

RAYMAN LEGENDS IS AT GAMESTOP HGFUHHGHUSGUHUHSGUUGFGSGJHJJJ

#3 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

I tried it a few weeks ago here at the eb expo, loved it. so excited for launch.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#4 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

RAYMAN LEGENDS IS AT GAMESTOP HGFUHHGHUSGUHUHSGUUGFGSGJHJJJ

You're obviously not excited for Rayman Legends. /sarcasm

Posted Image

#5 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

I have to say I'm not super excited about rayman legends although I enjoyed the 3d games more. I hope they have zombi U, scribblenauts and new super mario bros u when the wii U is available for demoing in the uk. Won't be surprised if they wouldn't let me play zombi U though.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#6 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

I have to say I'm not super excited about rayman legends although I enjoyed the 3d games more. I hope they have zombi U, scribblenauts and new super mario bros u when the wii U is available for demoing in the uk. Won't be surprised if they wouldn't let me play zombi U though.

Yeah, I was slightly disappointed that only Rayman Legends was demoed. But I'm just glad I got to play it.

Side Note:

I see a fellow Dragon Ball Z fan. :3

Posted Image

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

Most demo stations are setup for all ages
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Most demo stations are setup for all ages

They could've at least put Batman: Arkham City (rated T) on there. The PS3 kiosk has Uncharted 3 and it's rated T.

Posted Image

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

They could've at least put Batman: Arkham City (rated T) on there. The PS3 kiosk has Uncharted 3 and it's rated T.

That wouldn't make sense to me since batman has been out already. They want to show off something new.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#10 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

That wouldn't make sense to me since batman has been out already. They want to show off something new.

New or not, it has new features. I would've loved to have tried Batman. And I got Arkham City back when it came out last year.

Posted Image

#11 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

I've heard nothing but good news from literally every comment from someone who has experienced the Wii U.
And yet people still doubt......why?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#12 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:58 AM

I've heard nothing but good news from literally every comment from someone who has experienced the Wii U.

*clears throat*

That would be the typical ignorant person of the internet who judges by only what he/she has seen, instead of experiencing it. It makes absolutely no sense to hate on something you've never tried.
I've been extremely optimistic about the Wii U. So far, my optimism has been proven (for the most part) right.

Posted Image

#13 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

*clears throat*

That would be the typical ignorant person of the internet who judges by only what he/she has seen, instead of experiencing it. It makes absolutely no sense to hate on something you've never tried.
I've been extremely optimistic about the Wii U. So far, my optimism has been proven (for the most part) right.

Agreed. Hopefully more of those "experience Wii U" tours show up as well as demos at retailers so more people get the message. :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#14 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

Agreed. Hopefully more of those "experience Wii U" tours show up as well as demos at retailers so more people get the message. :D

I'm pretty sure the Wii U experience is done with. It's just the kiosks until launch.

Side Note:

TBH I want to see the next Xbox or PS4 get announced soon. I want the Wii U to have competition, and for the 8th gen to really kick off. It takes more than one console to start a generation.

Posted Image

#15 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

I would've liked to have gone to one of those wii U experience tours but don't think they'd ever do one where I live. If they did I'd probably be the only one to show up anyway.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#16 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Cannot watch the vid cause my laptop is freaking out but I have a question, what is the glare on the gamepad's screen like? Is it bad or hardly noticable
Posted Image

#17 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for posting this I already ordered the write and protect kit from pdp for the game pad but now I am also thinking of buying the cover that pdp is making that is silicone to cover the game pad so I dont get finger prints and scratches on my game pad.
Posted Image

#18 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

You're obviously not excited for Rayman Legends. /sarcasm

Clearly not.

#19 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

I guess I'm the only one that started to doubt the Wii U after I tried it at Eurogamer Expo. I found the game pad and the pro controller too cheap. I guess I'm the only one waiting it out.

#20 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

I guess I'm the only one that started to doubt the Wii U after I tried it at Eurogamer Expo. I found the game pad and the pro controller too cheap. I guess I'm the only one waiting it out.

Ahh, fair enough. It's good to hear at least SOME doubt. Otherwise I get the wrong impression that this is some form of omnipotent system. :P
I guess when you say cheap, your referring to the way the build quality is? Light and 'plasticy'?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, dragon, rayman legends, gamestop, gamepad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!