#1 WiiFan

WiiFan

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

5 Reasons You SHOULD Buy a Wii U

5. eShop and Backwards Compatibility
Why did I put these 2 together? eShop, you could buy NES,SNES,N64 and maybe Gamecube games in the virtual console, Backwards Compatibility, you could play your Wii games. So thats basicly buying every nintendo home console not counting the TV game series.

4. HD
People always judge the Wii because of 1 thing. GRAPHICS! The Wii didnt really have bad graphics, it just wasnt HD, now nintendo is getting it right with the native 1080p. Right on!

3. Controllers.
Gamepad, that is one beauty. When I buy a console, I dont want the same ol' controller, I want a new controller that adds a better experience, that is what the gamepad does. The TV Button, NFC Reader, Motion Sensors, Webcam and Mic, Touchscreen, Pushable Analog Sticks, Headphone Jacks and Volume Controll, Better Button Placement. Pro Controller, if your gonna buy "hardcore" games, you need the pro controller, it feels old yet new at the same time, amazing!

2. Games.
Im not buying the Wii U for multiplats, but its still nice to have them on the console. Im really excited for the First Party Games. New Super Mario Bros U, Game and Wario, Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land. But, we also have some unseen games like the new Zelda and Smash Bros. And maybe we will get more games like Super Mario Sunshine 2. Nintendo is hearing our calls with the games.

1. Apps
The Wii U is getting amazing apps. We are getting more advanced and better versions of Youtube, Internet Browsers, eShop. But, thats not all, were are getting brand new ones like Wii U Chat, Miiverse, and Nintendo TVii. We might get some new apps to. Remember E3 2011, we could get a drawing app too. These killer apps blow me away.

#2 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Why did I put these 2 together? eShop, you could buy NES,SNES,N64 and maybe Gamecube games in the virtual console, Backwards Compatibility, you could play your Wii games. So thats basicly buying every nintendo home console not counting the TV game series.

4. HD
People always judge the Wii because of 1 thing. GRAPHICS! The Wii didnt really have bad graphics, it just wasnt HD, now nintendo is getting it right with the native 1080p. Right on!

3. Controllers.
Gamepad, that is one beauty. When I buy a console, I dont want the same ol' controller, I want a new controller that adds a better experience, that is what the gamepad does. The TV Button, NFC Reader, Motion Sensors, Webcam and Mic, Touchscreen, Pushable Analog Sticks, Headphone Jacks and Volume Controll, Better Button Placement. Pro Controller, if your gonna buy "hardcore" games, you need the pro controller, it feels old yet new at the same time, amazing!

2. Games.
Im not buying the Wii U for multiplats, but its still nice to have them on the console. Im really excited for the First Party Games. New Super Mario Bros U, Game and Wario, Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land. But, we also have some unseen games like the new Zelda and Smash Bros. And maybe we will get more games like Super Mario Sunshine 2. Nintendo is hearing our calls with the games.

1. Apps
The Wii U is getting amazing apps. We are getting more advanced and better versions of Youtube, Internet Browsers, eShop. But, thats not all, were are getting brand new ones like Wii U Chat, Miiverse, and Nintendo TVii. We might get some new apps to. Remember E3 2011, we could get a drawing app too. These killer apps blow me away.

Your New Here aren't you.

Other stuff is fine .

#3 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

These are all very good reasons to buy it. Sony fanboys aren't prepared for what is to come, and they're scared. Very scared.

#4 ChainChomp

ChainChomp

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Very good reasons :), my number 1 reason is the games, I love what Nintendo has to offer.

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Grammar mistakes times ten, good reasons by the way.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#6 Dark Link

Dark Link

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

With that said I have very little reason to buy this at launch. I think I rather wait for a much larger lineup of games to choose from. Besides, I grew weary of the New Super Mario Bros. games and this one for the Wii U doesn't catch my interest in the slightest bit. Give me a Zelda game and I am sold.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-8971-0664

NNID: WirelessData

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Zelda Wind Waker HD

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

That awkward moment when your trying to convince people to buy a Wii U on Wii U forums.

#8 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

That awkward moment when your trying to convince people to buy a Wii U on Wii U forums.

Exactly :P

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#9 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

This topic is pretty useless. I don't need a list to know this could be the best nintendo console ever made.

794144.png?13383682

#10 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

I hope the Wii U is backward compatibility with the Wii Shop Channel, like the 3DS eshop is with the DSiware channel.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Awesome thread with very good points, I'm buying the Wii U cos' I love everything it has to offer, best console on the market for now and for years, I am in no way shape or form looking forward to Micro$oft or $ony's next console because I don't like where the companies are going, Micro$oft are the pushers who force thier products onto people even if the vast majority of people don't like them and they charge for every single one of thier services. $ony are the rip off merchants of this and probably next gen e.g: PS3 First Release £500!!! PSVita First Release £270!!! PSVita Memory cards don't even get me started! $ony are in so much finantial trouble anyway soooooo...

#12 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

These are all very good reasons to buy it. Sony fanboys aren't prepared for what is to come, and they're scared. Very scared.

I think it's more of the Microsoft fanboys lol. The 360 is even more outdated than the ps3, and no info besides that leaked 56 or so page document about how the new xbox will cater more to "families", which worries xbox fans because Wii U already has amazing third party support and it hasn't even launched , which is a big problem for Microsoft because they heavily rely on it.

4. HD

3. Controllers.

2. Games.

1. Apps

You're not buying Wii U for multi plats but you will eventually , because it already has the best next gen support. lol

Signature_Fox.png

#13 WiiFan

WiiFan

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Your New Here aren't you.

Other stuff is fine .

*facepalm*
you know you cant add more than 5 reasons in a top 5 list RIGHT?

#14 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

*facepalm*
you know you cant add more than 5 reasons in a top 5 list RIGHT?

My post was saying you can't really add 1080p to be a reason to get the wiiu yet because only about 2 titles are 1080p and we can't be for certain how many 1080p titles we will get as not even Nintendo titles themselves are 1080p when it seems like they should be.

#15 deerang

deerang

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Only one reason for me, i can still play games while my gf watches Desperate Housewives or whatever crap it is she watches. Thats the main selling point afaik.

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Only one reason for me, i can still play games while my gf watches Desperate Housewives or whatever crap it is she watches. Thats the main selling point afaik.

Not all games will be playable on the Gamepad.

#17 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#18 deerang

deerang

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Yeah i know, but Mario can, that will do, bit of Mario during bloody X Factor, fantastic.

#19 Schroedus

Schroedus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Some people are looking down on the Wii U because of a lack of Ethernet ports. Is this valid?

#20 deerang

deerang

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

Some people are looking down on the Wii U because of a lack of Ethernet ports. Is this valid?

Hmm dunno really, do not think it's an issue for most people, if it is an issue for people then maybe now is the time to enter 2013 and get a wireless router for 30 bucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!