#41 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Im expecting it to get awsome reviews from ign they were on record saying its the killer app for the wii u.
Posted Image

#42 hohi

hohi

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

I never listen to review.

I only watch their review to find gameplay and facts about the game, not their opinion because I am not the reviewer and the reviewer isn't me. We are a totally different person, so just because he gave the game 10/10, doesn't mean that I will like the game or vice versa.

Edited by hohi, 17 November 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#43 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

I guess when the zombie apocalypse hits we will all be carrying loads of weapons and ammo lmao, this guy should be fired.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#44 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Well said.

So is the score legit or not?

Eh, it got taken down because it wasnt supposed to be up till tomorrow.

Is it Legit? Depends, if you follow Mathew McGee, and share similar opinions to him, and like similar games as him, fast paced fighters and action games, you will probably be well served by his review.

If you like real survivor horror, and miss the days of og re, silent hill 2, and alone in the dark, you will probably balk at.him complaining about the very things you like.

It is important to note that he didnt finish the game, as he played in chicken mode to expedite his review.

Chicken mode dumbs down zombis (They dont follow you, (through tunnels up ladders etc) They dont attract others with noise, and the enemy type is reduced to a handful of the less deadly ones, and you cant get to the endhalf of the game where the more 'fantastical' (to quote edge) enemies appear.

For example, some baddies cant be meleed, as they explode on contact. McGee never encountered these, and much much more because he played on easy. This is why Edges review talks about a lot of stuff not mentioned in the gamestop review or shown in its video.

Simply put, you cant play the game McGee describes unless you are in chicken mode, so if you are actually looking for a survival horror game, youd be better served by edges review. (I havent read the two 9 reviews yet, so i dont know if they are good or advertisements).

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#45 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Eh, it got taken down because it wasnt supposed to be up till tomorrow.

Is it Legit? Depends, if you follow Mathew McGee, and share similar opinions to him, and like similar games as him, fast paced fighters and action games, you will probably be well served by his review.

If you like real survivor horror, and miss the days of og re, silent hill 2, and alone in the dark, you will probably balk at.him complaining about the very things you like.

It is important to note that he didnt finish the game, as he played in chicken mode to expedite his review.

Chicken mode dumbs down zombis (They dont follow you, (through tunnels up ladders etc) They dont attract others with noise, and the enemy type is reduced to a handful of the less deadly ones, and you cant get to the endhalf of the game where the more 'fantastical' (to quote edge) enemies appear.

For example, some baddies cant be meleed, as they explode on contact. McGee never encountered these, and much much more because he played on easy. This is why Edges review talks about a lot of stuff not mentioned in the gamestop review or shown in its video.

Simply put, you cant play the game McGee describes unless you are in chicken mode, so if you are actually looking for a survival horror game, youd be better served by edges review. (I havent read the two 9 reviews yet, so i dont know if they are good or advertisements).

Well if he was reviewing this game expecting it to be a fast paced action game then he was in the wrong mind set. Sounds like a very poor reviewer if what you said is true, which I assume to be the case.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#46 korgamer

korgamer

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Gamespot says its bad... I'm getting it.
Seriously though, gamespot has failed me many times before.

#47 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

I may not be the biggest survival horror fan in the world but I'm still gunna give it a shot, although I kinda hated the whole limited ammo thing when I played RE on GameCube.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#48 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Live stream for Zombi U, maybe will contain spoiler but check it to see how it looks like i like what i see!

http://es.twitch.tv/hecqubus

REGRET NOTHING!

Edited by Stormage09, 18 November 2012 - 08:00 AM.

Posted Image

#49 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

Don't want to spoil too much so I took a quick peek. Looks good to me. Muddy textures, yeah, but still good. Definitely buying it.
Posted Image

#50 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Nah Greg Miller gave it a 6.3, and said all the same things that Gamespot said with a slightly better score. Thankfully Walmart has a liberal return policy because this is a pass for me now.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#51 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Reviews LOL

ONM: 92
Eurogamer: 9
CVG: 8.4
Destructoid: 8
EDGE: 7
IGN: 6.5
Gamesradar 3/5
GameInformer: 5
GameSpot: 4.5
Posted Image

#52 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Reviews LOL

ONM: 92
Eurogamer: 9
CVG: 8.4
Destructoid: 8
EDGE: 7
IGN: 6.5
Gamesradar 3/5
GameInformer: 5
GameSpot: 4.5

Eurogamer gave it a 9?

Wow. Ill have to see who reviewed it. Doesnt seem to have the production values to get a 9 imo. Good games can get a 7, great games an 8. But for me, to get into 9-10 territory, you need a great game with great production values as well.

EDIT

Rich Stanton. Okay, I have to read this.

http://www.eurogamer...8-zombiu-review

"The first time I died in ZombiU was during the tutorial. Surrounded by zombis, I dashed to a ladder under the instructions of a mysterious cockney. The first-person perspective showed my hands gripping the rungs and movement upwards: relief. Except the view then jerked downwards to a zombi grabbing my leg - which began clumsily grasping my waist as I kicked out at its mouth, panicking. We both fell, the viewpoint hitting the ground at 90 degrees with a dull thud. I scrambled up and, facing another two zombis, tried to go for the ladder again. First, and last, mistake. I was hauled down again and, this time, unceremoniously mauled."

This is the game when you arent on chicken mode.

You respawn back at Shadwell as the next survivor. You're given their name, age and occupation; they'll be wearing career-specific duds and have slightly varying base stats. The latter distinctions are so slight they don't make a substantial difference, but you'll notice certain characters can sprint longer or have a stronger melee.

Hmmm..... *Looks at gamespot review* HMMMMMMMMM.

Im findingit increasingly hard to defend the gamespot review under the mindset that 'at least its better than doritosgate'.

Its a very, very poor review. Im like, three paragraphs into the eurogamer review and it has 10x the information on the game than the gamespot review never mentioned.

Did you know that if you die before killing your previous zombified self who had all your good guns, thus making them lost forever, they all go back and respawn in the same area that you found them.... BUT NOT THE SAME HIDING PLACES. You wouldnt if you read the gamespot review.

'The zombis are the best thing about ZombiU, a foe that's easy to manipulate but even easier to underestimate. In a straight one-on-one fight you'll rarely die to one, though their 'grab' move is an insta-kill, but it's a question of hitting them umpteen times with a bat before they go down - a satisfying, but terribly slow, process. You can see the problem. Any more than one zombi makes the bat next to useless, and firearms just attract more attention. It is this rhythm of a controlled engagement escalating beyond your means, often thanks to the bad decisions made while trying to deal with it, that turns an otherwise rudimentary combat system into something special.'

'This is an interesting part of ZombiU's design - the combat system is well-engineered and responsive but the guns are difficult to use effectively. Characteristics like kickback mean panicked trigger-pumping is terribly wasteful, but the essential headshots take time you rarely have. More often than not, you'll stand your ground and wish you hadn't. Every shot counts in ZombiU - especially the missed ones.'

'Sometimes, ZombiU will catch you so off-guard with an event that there's little chance of surviving it. Now, that is frustrating. But isn't it great at the same time? It's a game brave enough to punish sloppy preparation and rushing in recklessly. The Prepper says something every time a character dies (I went through 34) and it's usually about how you weren't paying enough attention to his advice. On one respawn, I was in such a hurry to get back that I ran into the first zombi mob and got killed instantly. "Good riddance," he said.'

'I'd always wondered why ZombiU was one of the Wii U's pack-in games, and finally it makes sense. ZombiU isn't the obligatory FPS launch title, but an original twist on the genre that has no console equivalent. It's not quite a revolution, lacking the scope and variety of mechanics to compete with high watermarks like Half-Life 2. But that should take nothing away from Ubisoft's achievement, and the success or otherwise of ZombiU could be defining for Wii U.'

He seems to think the game is so original, that it makes up for the lack of production values of say, big time games like half life II. I dont think I necessarily agree with it... But with the way 9-s and 10's have basically been given away this last gen, its a much better reason to me than most.

Edited by 3Dude, 18 November 2012 - 10:53 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!