• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

i knew this would happen when i found out they wouldn't let anyone review the game till it had been out for 9 hours...who does that unless you know your game sucks?
Posted Image

#22 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

EDGE gave it a 7, not bad, i dont think is a bad game honestly

now we have a 9,2 a 7 and a 4,5

the average score will be 7-7,5 i think, thats not bad, gamespot only complained about the lack of ammo and overusage of the mele... LOL thats what a survival is about dude no like a horsing call of duty!!!! that was quite a bad review
Posted Image

#23 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

He played in chicken mode (easy), you can tell by the video when it was still up.

Easier to kill zombi's (tougher zombis dont have their classes stats) easier to survive, gimped zombi ai (they dont communicate or react to sound, typically a lone zombi would make enough noise upon spotting the player to lure nearby packs, and screamers who will alert zombis in a wide range, limited zombi types, cant get to final half of 'real' game, with the technological 'fantastical' enemies talked about in the edge review (lol, they didnt like them, thought it was jumping the shark, regaurdless, mcgee doesnt know they even exist outside multi, where he thinks they are awesome and should exist and act like that in the real game).

He doesnt know anything about building barricades, stat level ups for keeping one character alive (like increased run time melee damage etc)...

Its a review for people like him. Who would enjoy a game mode like cod zombies over a survival horror.

Thats the whole POINT of reviews, you identify individuals with tastes similar to yours, with likes and dislikes similar to yours, so when they like something, you know youll probably like it, and when they dislike it, you know you probably will as well.

There is no universal standard because nobody universally likes all the same games.

I guess what I'm looking for then is a review by someone who does like these types of games to assess the quality of this one in terms of how strong the gameplay is, not just what type of gameplay it is.

#24 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

THEY Review on a scale of 1 to 10

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

EDGE gave it a 7, not bad, i dont think is a bad game honestly

now we have a 9,2 a 7 and a 4,5

the average score will be 7-7,5 i think, thats not bad, gamespot only complained about the lack of ammo and overusage of the mele... LOL thats what a survival is about dude no like a horsing call of duty!!!! that was quite a bad review

A 7 from Edge is nothing to sneeze at. Its actually worth around an 8 in most other places to me personally. They had some really great things to say about the game, its gameplay, fantastic use of the gamepad, incredible tension and atmosphere.... But it just doesnt have the production values, that final layer of polish on all things, to get into 8 and 9 territory with edge. Which makes sense, Zombi u was a lower budget game, at a consoles launch.

I love several of Edges reviewers. They make for a strong presence to me.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YW-vJofqwxI#!

Judging by the video above, I gotta admit that the game doesn't impress at all. AI is stupid as hell, zombies die easily. Textures are 'muddy'. But what's more important is that the game doesn't feel like survival horror. However, if I ever get my hands on Wii U (which I sort of doubt already, there are simply no games that I would really want so far) I will give it a shot.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YW-vJofqwxI#!

Judging by the video above, I gotta admit that the game doesn't impress at all. AI is stupid as hell, zombies die easily. Textures are 'muddy'. But what's more important is that the game doesn't feel like survival horror. However, if I ever get my hands on Wii U (which I sort of doubt already, there are simply no games that I would really want so far) I will give it a shot.

Yeah, this should have been stated in the review...

The game was played on chicken mode to help expediate mcgee's playthrough to get the review out on time

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

gamesmaster 97/100 sorry cant link in the 3ds
Posted Image

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

gamesmaster 97/100 sorry cant link in the 3ds

GM? Not bad. Thats tge 2nd biggest game mag in the uk.

So thats a 92-onm 97 -gm and 45 -gamespot uk.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

This seems like a really bad review now some of the other scores are comming in, I think it's Resident Evil's fault for dropping survival horror and poisining people's minds lol people don't understand SH anymore :(

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

This seems like a really bad review now some of the other scores are comming in, I think it's Resident Evil's fault for dropping survival horror and poisining people's minds lol people don't understand SH anymore :(

The way I see it, is its a bad review for people who LIKE what zombi u is supposed to be. For people who WANT survival horror to go back to its roots.

But a good review for people who want action games starring zombies, like left 4 dead or re 5 and on.

Thats why its so important to know who reviews the game, and how they feel about games compared to you.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

The way I see it, is its a bad review for people who LIKE what zombi u is supposed to be. For people who WANT survival horror to go back to its roots.

But a good review for people who want action games starring zombies, like left 4 dead or re 5 and on.

Thats why its so important to know who reviews the game, and how they feel about games compared to you.

Very good fair point, but at the same time if a game is a certain genre you should review it for what it is, not what it should be.

#33 MyNameIsMatt

MyNameIsMatt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'd be tempted to turn it into a rent, if I hadn't already preordered. Guess ill make my own mind up.

#34 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

I stop reading reviews long time ago. All i do is look at gameplay videos and make up my own mind. To many people out there review games and giving them low or high points which dont match what i believe.
cod bo2 imo does not come close to bf3. Hell MOH WF is better then cod. But that is what i think while others my think different. So thats why i stop reading reviews.

i knew this would happen when i found out they wouldn't let anyone review the game till it had been out for 9 hours...who does that unless you know your game sucks?

Remember there is a plot twist maybe they dont want anyone to find out till the game has been out for awhile.
Ever way i have it preorder and it looks great, and seem to play great. Its not your normal fps zombi game like left4dead or dead rising. It more of a find everything out on your own and try not to get killed type of game.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#35 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

they need review sites for each of the big 3, you can't really get impartial reviewers any more so you might as well divide them up into fanboy groups in order to avoid down rating. If you want true impartial reviews go to classic game room or gamester81 etc. guys who collect and have been playing games for a long time (people who love games instead of paychecks).

Edited by ianh05, 17 November 2012 - 02:45 PM.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#36 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I'm not seeing the review? Did they take down that score?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#37 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

How does GameSpot do their scores? Out of 10 or 5? Or 100?

Its out of 100... Zombi U got a 4.5/100 .... :P

#38 korgamer

korgamer

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'll never trust gamespot reviews after giving re6 a 4.5. I know some people were disappointed that it wasn't a true survival horror but it had some elements and in the end it was just a fun and well narrated game. Gamespot staff doesn't seem to be very professional and sometimes doesn't review games objective but rather reviews the game on personal emotions. If I wanted a personal opinion I would ask my friend or someone I know.

I'll never trust gamespot reviews after giving re6 a 4.5. I know some people were disappointed that it wasn't a true survival horror but it had some elements and in the end it was just a fun and well narrated game. Gamespot staff doesn't seem to be very professional and sometimes doesn't review games objective but rather reviews the game on personal emotions. If I wanted a personal opinion I would ask my friend or someone I know.

#39 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

So is the score legit or not?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

With an uninteresting world and dull combat, the survival horror game ZombiU is a weak link in the Wii U's launch lineup.

THE GOOD
  • Fun multiplayer modes capitalize on game's strengths.
THE BAD
  • Heavy emphasis on dull melee combat
  • Uninteresting puzzles and mission structure
  • Wii U gamepad adds little and hurts immersion.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!