Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

4.5 :laugh:

http://m.gamespot.com/zombiu/

but in other site is seems they gave it a 92/100 dont know which one, saw it on gaf

lets wait to see the IGN and other sites before judging, but i was expeting an average of a 70-80 in metacritic

Edit: for comprasion gamespot nintendoland review 8.0

Edited by Stormage09, 17 November 2012 - 06:47 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

That doesn't look like anything more than a review placeholder or something...just a 4.5? is it out of 10? 5? whats wrong with it? I never go by their reviews.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Yeah, it's a placeholder.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#4 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

How does GameSpot do their scores? Out of 10 or 5? Or 100?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#5 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

If you go on the desktop version of the site, there's no score.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#6 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

It better be 4.5/5.

Posted Image

#7 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

We also have to remember to look into the content of the game, so will rate it low for things we don't agree. I heard a review of the game that gave it a 7 wanted it to be more like an action game instead of survival horror.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#8 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

I doubt this is a real review, seeing as they haven't got a worded one up yet, just the score.

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

As I said before I dont trust reviews anymore simply for reasons like this.

Signature_DK.png

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

4.5 :laugh:

http://m.gamespot.com/zombiu/

but in other site is seem they gave it 92/100 dont know which one, saw it on gaf

lets wait to see the IGN and other sites before judging, but i was expeting in avergae a 70-80 in metascore

Edit: for comprason gamespot nintendoland review 8.0

I got the feeling it'd be scored low when GT said the embargo isn't until 9am the morning the game launched.
Always a bad sign when they embargo you after the game goes on sale.

http://uk.gamespot.com/zombiu/reviews/
as other people have pointed out.

Edited by Nollog, 17 November 2012 - 06:01 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

Hmm...why would they put 4.5 in as a placeholder, though? Seems kinda random.

#12 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

gamespot rates over 10 4.5/10 i think its real because he complained about the survival thing and not more action oriented
Posted Image

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Watch the video guys.

Its 4.5 out of 10. McGee really didnt like it.

Which doesnt surprise me, McGee likes fighting and action games. I could see this score coming a mile away from him for any survival horror worth its salt (ie not re5/6). Particularly when one of the first things he does is call zombi u an actiin game.

He plays in chicken mode (easy) too, in order to get through the game in enough time to get the early review out. Keep that in mind.

He doesnt like the main immersion building tactic the game is built on, forcing the player to look away from the main screen to the game pad, leaving them vulnerable as they concentrate on finding something in their bag or rummaging through bodies. Its not a complaint you can just sweepingly negate, as its highly subjective, some people hated silent hill 2. This guy is one of them (he brings up comparisons to sh2 when he talks about things he didnt like). Obviously, this game was not meant to win over people who didnt like the greatest survival horror game ever made.

It was made for people who want a slow plodding purposeful survival horror.

He loved the fast paced action packed, humerous multiplayer.

Please dont start bashing this guy for not scoring the game higher. In the wake of doritosgate, not giving everything a homogenous 10 is a GOOD thing. We dont want to send mixed messages. You may think Mcgee was a poor fit to review Zombi u, as he doesnt like survival horror. But remember you are not every gamer.

For gamers who dont like survival horror and thought zombi u would be a zombie filled action romp shootemup like left for dead, cod zombies mode, this is a very useful review. If its not useful for you, wait for a review from someone who is a fan of true survival horror.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

Can you link to the video? All I see is a video for the trailer...

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

You need to be careful when listening to ratings. This is a scenario where someone is reviewing outside their element. This would be like us taking a die hard Sony fanboys review on the Wii U to heart.

Edited by TrickySx4, 17 November 2012 - 07:22 AM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#16 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

<p>but the damage is already done, so congrats

Edited by Stormage09, 17 November 2012 - 07:36 AM.

Posted Image

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

You need to be careful when listening to ratings. This is a scenario where someone is reviewing outside their element. This would be like us taking a die hard Sony fanboys review on the Wii U to heart.

And after seeing IGN's Wii U review you really have to ask yourself 'can I really trust any reviewer these days"?

Signature_DK.png

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

There are no reviews for the Wii U platform. Please check back later!

This topic didn't went the way it was intended to, did it?

Here's the link to the review:
http://m.gamespot.com/epic-mickey-2-the-power-of-two/reviews/epic-mickey-2-the-power-of-two-review-6400225

Edited by Zinix, 17 November 2012 - 07:47 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#19 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Not only out of his element, but someone who evidently has a track record for NOT liking this type of game. Irresponsible journalism on Gamespot's part and makes you wonder if there's an agenda behind it.

There are no reviews for the Wii U platform. Please check back later!

This topic didn't went the way it was intended to, did it?

Here's the link to the review:
http://m.gamespot.co...-review-6400225

The video at that link says Invalid Address, but yeah you can read the review at least.

Hmm..well, if some of what he says is, in fact true, then he makes a few valid points. A game that relies heavily on fetch quests can become tedious quickly. Also, there's a fine line between survival horror gameplay and one-note, uninspiring gameplay. I wish he would've at least touched on how it feels to kill the zombies, because that alone kept me playing Dead Island for a long time.

I'll wait to see other reviews, of course, before deciding, but I have a feeling my $60 will be safer switched over to Black Ops 2 or Darksiders 2, and then if I'm going to gamble on this game, I'll do it when it goes on sale for $30 or less. It is Ubisoft after all. If it's not "must play" right away, it can wait.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

Not only out of his element, but someone who evidently has a track record for NOT liking this type of game. Irresponsible journalism on Gamespot's part and makes you wonder if there's an agenda behind it.

The video at that link says Invalid Address, but yeah you can read the review at least.

Hmm..well, if some of what he says is, in fact true, then he makes a few valid points. A game that relies heavily on fetch quests can become tedious quickly. Also, there's a fine line between survival horror gameplay and one-note, uninspiring gameplay. I wish he would've at least touched on how it feels to kill the zombies, because that alone kept me playing Dead Island for a long time.

I'll wait to see other reviews, of course, before deciding, but I have a feeling my $60 will be safer switched over to Black Ops 2 or Darksiders 2, and then if I'm going to gamble on this game, I'll do it when it goes on sale for $30 or less. It is Ubisoft after all. If it's not "must play" right away, it can wait.

He played in chicken mode (easy), you can tell by the video when it was still up.

Easier to kill zombi's (tougher zombis dont have their classes stats) easier to survive, gimped zombi ai (they dont communicate or react to sound, typically a lone zombi would make enough noise upon spotting the player to lure nearby packs, and screamers who will alert zombis in a wide range, limited zombi types, cant get to final half of 'real' game, with the technological 'fantastical' enemies talked about in the edge review (lol, they didnt like them, thought it was jumping the shark, regaurdless, mcgee doesnt know they even exist outside multi, where he thinks they are awesome and should exist and act like that in the real game).

He doesnt know anything about building barricades, stat level ups for keeping one character alive (like increased run time melee damage etc)...

Its a review for people like him. Who would enjoy a game mode like cod zombies over a survival horror.

Thats the whole POINT of reviews, you identify individuals with tastes similar to yours, with likes and dislikes similar to yours, so when they like something, you know youll probably like it, and when they dislike it, you know you probably will as well.

There is no universal standard because nobody universally likes all the same games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!