21 replies to this topic

#1 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

IGN has posted an interview with Rockstar's Dan Houser about GTA V and although the highlighted sentence is not much it gave me a tiny glimmer of hope, at least its not a "aint gonna happen" type answer.

GTA V: Burning Questions Answered

Rockstar’s Dan Houser explains the ins and outs of the next great leap for the sandbox franchise.

GTA V is only confirmed for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Why not the PC, Wii U and so on?

Everything else is up for consideration. That's all I can give you. The main thing is we are not... we are a third-party publisher. We're not Nintendo, we're not Sony, we're not Microsoft. We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market. If that's on Apple we put something on Apple. Wherever it might be. I think that's the fun in what we do. We see ourselves as a content company that uses technology. We don't make it; we use it to make the most fun stuff.

link to interview : http://uk.ign.com/ar...stions-answered

Edited by backudog, 17 November 2012 - 09:04 PM.

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#2 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Nintendo doesn't like violent games as much. Plus they don't focus on graphics so the WiiU probably wouldn't be able to handle the game very well.

#3 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Nintendo doesn't like violent games as much. Plus they don't focus on graphics so the WiiU probably wouldn't be able to handle the game very well.

the wii u ninja gaiden game shows ninty are changing thier attitude to that kinda stuff? so maybe just maybe? as to graphics im pretty sure the U could do it proud.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

the wii u ninja gaiden game shows ninty are changing thier attitude to that kinda stuff? so maybe just maybe? as to graphics im pretty sure the U could do it proud.

Don't forget ZombiU, Darksiders 2, AC3, etc, etc...

I dunno, really. Rockstar has a record of supporting quite a few consoles when it comes to their games, I see no reason why the Wii U would be an exception.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Don't forget ZombiU, Darksiders 2, AC3, etc, etc...

I dunno, really. Rockstar has a record of supporting quite a few consoles when it comes to their games, I see no reason why the Wii U would be an exception.

How the heck did i forget ZombieU?!? thats the reason im getting a wiiU!

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Oh well. Its Rockstars loss.

Signature_DK.png

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

I'm really hoping this comes to Wii U, I love GTA games :)

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

Software sales are double what the wii's were at the same point in their life cycles, proving the people buying the wii u are core gamers. If Rockstar really is considering all options, then I expect them to begin work on a wii u version soon, they still have plenty of time
Posted Image

#9 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Software sales are double what the wii's were at the same point in their life cycles, proving the people buying the wii u are core gamers. If Rockstar really is considering all options, then I expect them to begin work on a wii u version soon, they still have plenty of time

Yeah plus they have the power in their hands. They are the ones (with other companies) that will make the wii u a core console.
Posted Image

#10 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

If the PS3 and 360 can handle it, the Wii U can handle it EVEN BETTER.

Posted Image

#11 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Unless they release it on the WiiU at the same time as the PS3/X360 versions it will be pointless.

#12 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Unless they release it on the WiiU at the same time as the PS3/X360 versions it will be pointless.

Not necessarily, the PC gets quite a lot of games later than the ps360 launch, but it's not considered pointless. For example Assassin's Creed 3
Posted Image

#13 purin172003

purin172003

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Rockstar is waiting for Nintendo to pay them. XD

#14 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

OH PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY! ROCKSTAR! PUT GTA V ON THE WII U!

Posted Image

#15 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

ya true

#16 CaptainCrunchyFeet

CaptainCrunchyFeet

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

I'm pretty sure somewhere I read rockstar supports the WiiU. So maybe if rockstar looked into more, they'd do it. Besides, wiiu just came out so give it time.

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

If the PS3 and 360 can handle it, the Wii U can handle it EVEN BETTER.

Ehh The Wii U can handle the graphics. But the CPU is what we should worry about. GTA games require a lot of CPU power.

#18 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Ehh The Wii U can handle the graphics. But the CPU is what we should worry about. GTA games require a lot of CPU power.

They can optimize it for the console; it's not weaker, but it's clocked lower. There's a difference.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#19 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

It would need to be optimized. The Tekken dev stated that it's a slow CPU. But there are ways to work around that. Rockstar would just have to have the game work with that clock speed. If you were to port a game straight from the 360 to the Wii U, you could get better graphical features, but a possible slower FPS and some things wouldn't render correctly. I think Darksiders II proves my point.

Posted Image

#20 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

I could see them having Gta V because the GameCube already has a Gta plus the WiiU has ZobiU so I could definaltley expect that.

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!