Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

-Wii U cannot connect to wi-fi http://techforums.ni...age/78148#78148

-Wii U no outputting to tv "blue blinking light" http://techforums.ni...age/78161#78161

-Weird test Screen on the pad when syncing http://i.imgur.com/EjJeB.jpg?1

-Gamepad not syncing at all "Gamepad could not connect to a Wii U Console" http://techforums.ni...age/78152#78152

-Gamepad crazy Flashing http://techforums.ni...age/78113#78113

-Wii U not reading the discs at all "disc error" http://techforums.ni...age/78077#78077

-Tv screen is cut off on the sides "The screen is bigger than the TV" http://techforums.ni...age/78082#78082

-"bricked console" is you turn the power off while its applying a patch it will never work again.

DID ANYBODY TESTED THIS carp BEFORE RUSHING IT TO THE STORES???

Edited by Stormage09, 18 November 2012 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Didn't have any problems whatsoever ;)

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#3 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

This is simply a minor delay for some people, not something huge that requires a recall or anything. Anyone who suffers from issues should imagine the system just launches a week later (by which time they should have a replacement). These issues are to be expected at launch, however it is very unfortunate and I'm very sorry for anyone disappointed, but seriously, it's going to be resolved shortly this happens so often with new hardware it shouldn't be too shocking.
Posted Image

#4 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Seems like the typical mishaps of launched consoles. I'm sure a replacement for the console and/or game is available to anyone.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Idk whats up with all that but i didnt have any prolems at all.
Unboxed it and hooked everything up. Put the gamepad on the cradle and let it sit for about 5mins then went on to setup.
Everything went smooth and all works fine for me.

So im wondering if those people with problems did something wrong or was it just some of the wii u having problems.
Aslo for the disc read errors is the wii u up or laying down? and did they update?
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

I have the screen cut off problem, but that's it.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

I don't think I have any problem, and for that I'm grateful. But it's a console launch, so problems are to be expected. PS3 had YLOD, 360 had RROD, 3DS had the Black screen of death, and the Wii U has all these little problems ( some big).

#8 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

The dangers of buying a console at launch, this is one of them.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#9 Zaden64

Zaden64

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hello. Today me and my wife picked up our per order Wii U. We are having the output problem. We called and will be sending it to Nintendo. Heres hoping they can fix the problem soon.

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

I suppose everyones right, just a few standard every day launch mis haps.

#11 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

im starting to think about waiting a bit more to get mine and give time to fix all that crap
Posted Image

#12 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

I only have the TV size problem and one disc error, other than that i've just had crashes.

794144.png?13383682

#13 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

one disc error? reads some dics and others dont? lol

and the crashes?
Posted Image

#14 person1

person1

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

I had the Wii U freeze then turn off by itself after 10 mins of trying to load my first menu screen channel, which was Mii Maker. I realized afterwards that i had not completed Nintendo Network email verifyction. I had no problems or bugs otherwise, It runs great and I am very happy.

#15 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

I really dont understand how there can be so many problems when Nintendo has been running demo kiosks all around the globe and from what i have seen they haven't had many drama's, I believe alot of it has to do with user error, People just being to eager to play and not doing certain things properly, But hey that's just my 2 cents.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#16 BlueKoopa

BlueKoopa

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

My Wii U console refuses to switch itself off and it's got some other major bugs as well; I think I'll get an exchange as it's defective. I'm happy to hear everyone has their consoles working well though and I hope Nintendo fixes these issues soon

#17 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

No real problems here,got it home and everything ran smoothley,connected to my wireless first time no prob and only had one freeze while trying to quit zombie u where i had to turn off at the wall.

#18 RAD

RAD

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

I've had 2 and returned both with the same fault (Zombi U pack). And before any starts on the "user error" accusations, I am very tech savy, and have been using game consoles and pc's for 20 years plus.

Ok, so I eventually get the Wii U connected to the internet having to manually set it up. I then proceed to download the day 1 update, after a few attempts and consulting the Nintendo Support, I finish the download by having to use my mobile phone as a wi-fi hotspot (the update crashes on install using my home wi-fi (Virginmedia))

I then attempt to play a game (first console) or look at Love Film (second console) to be told that an additional download is required. After this download and install (successful) I then try to return to the "Mii Plaza"(?). The console then locks with half the icons on the Game Pad and just the background on the TV, and a slight buzzing sound.

The console can then only reach that point every time. I have unplugged everything and tried booting with nothing unnecessary plugged in/connected. I can still edit and create new Miis but as soon as I select an account to go to it crashes again.

Amazon have been fantastic and replaced the fist console, then gave me a refund when the second one was faulty as well. Don't know if it is a bad batch or what but I am now going to wait a couple of months then try again.

I will definitely get a new one as I have games to play on it and loved what I played before trying to update it. :(

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I really dont understand how there can be so many problems when Nintendo has been running demo kiosks all around the globe and from what i have seen they haven't had many drama's, I believe alot of it has to do with user error, People just being to eager to play and not doing certain things properly, But hey that's just my 2 cents.

The demo kiosks are devoid of the functionality that most of these problems are arrising from. Plus, Demo kiosks are set up by Nintendo teams, if the hardware is faulty, they replace it on the spot before they leave.

This isnt user error, for some reason I can only comprehend as Nintendo really truly wants their systems hacked but for some reason must perform a song and dance to keep the appearence of wanting otherwise.... Nintendo has mantained in their employ the worst os/firmware designers in the world, the same exact team reponsible for the wii firmware that bricked tens of thousands innocent unmodified wii's with its volatile not good firmware updates.

They have outsourced certain parts of the os experience to third parties who specialize in what they do, like miiverse, which they outsourced to hatenka (sp?) and is completely awesome and functional, but had the bulk of their os (including (Security encryption) designed by the same larry curly and moe who handled it (poorly) on wii.

I strongly suspect fail overload will solve this os bricking problem long before nintendo does, and once again, give us unbrickable systems, no matter what Nintendos Lunatics try to do to it. (It has to be some Japanese culture thing. They must think its freaking hilarious or something. 'We have greatest game designers in entire WORLD, yes yes, but wait wait... We have os designed by IDIOTS! HA HA!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! Wont that hurt game sales? Yes yes, but its worth it, its funny, laugh, laugh with us, HA HA HA HA HA!' Oh, hello Miyamoto san! 'Hey guys guess what I did! You know the new wii u Zeda? Yeah, its like, the most amazingly beeautiful thing ever seen, and the motion controls are amazing and flawless compared to even skyward sword, and it has a huge open world full of things to do, optional power ups to aquire, many towns FULL of npc's and life.... But get this get this, whenever you turn off the game and load it back up... It re-explains EVERYTHING you pick up as if it were the first time the player picked up the object! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!)

Edited by 3Dude, 31 December 2012 - 04:12 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Are u unhappy with wii u then? *_*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!