YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Anyone else experience freezing problems with Wii U? I received it twice today... I got my Wii U yesterday... I checked miiverse and the people there said they experience it too... for me it happens to NSMBU, but it could also vary on how long you play a game. Anyone know of a way to fix it? (To anyone wondering how to get it working again unplug it for ten seconds) any chance a future system update could fix it?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Does it have a lot of room to breathe? Make sure it's not on carpet, and make sure nothings on it. I know I wouldn't do those things to such a magnificent piece of machinery. :D

Edited by nintendo3DS, 20 November 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#3 Gunner86

Gunner86

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Happen ti me yesterday in the black ops main menu, i had to pull the power cord to restart it, hasn't happend since

#4 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Its a miiverse issue its getting fixed

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

I have no clue what I did wrong, Nothing's on it.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

ZombiU and Sonic froze on me on Sunday, but I've been playing non stop since with no issues
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

Nintendo are awear of the slow loading times and freezing issues, patch coming soon aparantly, hopefuly before the UK launch.

#8 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

No worries, it's normal, PS3 and Xbox 360 freeze all the time (especially the ps3) it's notmal

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Never had any myself. Im sure Nintendo will fix any issues.

Signature_DK.png

#10 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Yeah mine froze on day 1 out of the blue....I think I made a slight movement with the gamepad and then boom.....I lost a couple levels on Mario, but that's about it......the power wouldn't even turn off, it just wasn't responding so I had to unplug all together.....once I put it back on, it's been working like a charm....I got a nice 5 hour Sesh in yesterday with no issues...

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

Has anyone had it happen to them in Tekken?

Signature_DK.png

#12 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragonball/Z/GT, CBB, FMA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

3 hours, 4 gaming sessions. No freezing.

#13 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

My Wii U froze yesterday. I clicked on the Miiverse and then it just froze and made a strange sound. I tried turning the system off from the controller and it didn't work. Then I tried turning it off from the power button on the system and that didn't work either. I had to unplug it to turn it off. Sucks but it's whatever. Hopefully it will get a patch sooner or later.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#14 mayhem13

mayhem13

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

I've had NSMBU freeze twice now on me on the same world/section (different level) and since you can only do a real save twice, midway and the end of the level. That meant I had to redo the level twice, a pain in the ass to be nice. The Wii U is alot of fun so far and shows potential to be a fantastic system. But things like this drain the fun out of it and if it is a Nintendo console and it is not fun. Well, forget about it. Thats what Nintendo is about. My freezing occurs both on TV and the GamePad while the game is switching in between the map and the level. It goes black and never comes back. I have to pull the plug to get the machine to restart. Wether its the integration of the Miiverse that is the cause, glitching within the game itself, the gamepad itself or something wrong with the console itself. I don't know. I pity the people who have to make the update for this thing because there is so many reasons it could freeze. I understand its a launch system but come on, 3DS didn't freeze this badly with the exception of one game. They always say avoid buying a launch system but the Nintendo geek in me can't avoid it. It is annoying. The load times I can handle, I have patience, I grew up in the NES/Genesis/SNES era and then went onto the Playstation/Saturn era of long disc loading times. I'm used to it. But freezing, that is annoying and you know, it can hurt the console. Pulling the plug out the back of a live console is not a good idea in normal circumstances.

I did play Nintendoland and didn't have any freezes though I didn't get far into it. Last thing that happened was they put Miiverse players in my game. So maybe a freeze could occur due to that. But for me, it played fine. I have Zombi U coming today. I'll see how that goes.

I can't accept flaws with a $350 machine, even if it is a great item with flaws. If they don't fix it in two weeks, it goes back or gets sold. I hate to do it. But no one wants to play a Mario game on pins and needles that it will freeze. That is not fun.

The Xbox 360, PS3 does freeze, but occasionally like a PC game. Acceptable. Even the original Wii wasn't above a freeze but it was rare. The Wii U I've had a day and a half day, two freezes. No that is too much.

Edited by mayhem13, 21 November 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#15 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

I've had NSMBU freeze twice now on me on the same world/section and since you can only do a real save twice, midway and the end of the level. That meant I had to redo the level twice, a pain in the ass to be nice. The Wii U is alot of fun so far and shows potential to be a fantastic system. But things like this drain the fun out of it and if it is a Nintendo console and it is not fun. Well, forget about it. Thats what Nintendo is about. My freezing occurs both on TV and the GamePad while the game is switching in between the map and the level. It goes black and never comes back. I have to pull the plug to get the machine to restart. Wether its the integration of the Miiverse that is the cause, glitching within the game itself, the gamepad itself or something wrong with the console itself. I don't know. I pity the people who have to make the update for this thing because there is so many reasons it could freeze. I understand its a launch system but come on, 3DS didn't freeze this badly with the exception of one game. They always say avoid buying a launch system but the Nintendo geek in me can't avoid it. It is annoying. The load times I can handle, I have patience, I grew up in the NES/Genesis/SNES era and then went onto the Playstation/Saturn era of long disc loading times. I'm used to it. But freezing, that is annoying and you know, it can hurt the console. Pulling the plug out the back of a live console is not a good idea in normal circumstances.

I did play Nintendoland and didn't have any freezes though I didn't get far into it. Last thing that happened was they put Miiverse players in my game. So maybe a freeze could occur due to that. But for me, it played fine. I have Zombi U coming today. I'll see how that goes.

I can't accept flaws with a $350 machine, even if it is a great item with flaws. If they don't fix it in two weeks, it goes back or gets sold. I hate to do it. But no one wants to play a Mario game on pins and needles that it will freeze. That is not fun.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 does freeze, but occasionally like a PC game. Acceptable. The Wii U I've had two and a half days, two freezes. No that is too much.

youll have to deal with it atm, is the launch of a system things like this can happen, i hope they release a patch or something soon if its software related

i prefer the freezing than the RROD of the 360 that carp lasted 1 year until the first 360 revision came out, and that was a hardware problem nothing that a patch can fix
Posted Image

#16 Aarony

Aarony

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

The other day I was playing time attack on the Zelda game in NintendoLand, intermediate, and the freeze happened to me. Unplugged, plugged back in, played same game, happened again. Unplugged, plugged back in, ejected the disc, put THAT back in, and so far so good. Doesn't sound like I'm alone though, and if it's going to get fixed in the near future that's all I care about.

Posted Image

Wii Username: Aarony

3DS: 0602-6269-3041

Please inform me via PM if you add me!

#17 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Never happened to me before ( played for about 16+ hours, 4 sessions), but I know it's an issue for everyone. Hopefully that rumored patch comes out next week and this can be fixed. All of these freezes seem to be hard locks, so no holding the power button for 10 seconds. I'm hearing freezing is most common with Nintendo Land, but we don't know if this is software or hardware ( likely each of both).

Edited by Firejonie, 21 November 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#18 mayhem13

mayhem13

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Thats true, I am cranky. I don't mind losing...its a game, losing my progress with a freeze, twice, that can be annoying. I'm sure they'll sort it out. Yea I went through two 360's because of that darn RROD. I always envied those few rare people who bought an early 360 and never had any RROD problems. LUCKY. The freezing is annoying but I love the Wii U so far, I feel its got alot of potential to say the least.

youll have to deal with it atm, is the launch of a system things like this can happen, i hope they release a patch or something soon if its software related

i prefer the freezing than the RROD of the 360 that carp lasted 1 year until the first 360 revision came out, and that was a hardware problem nothing that a patch can fix

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

No worries, it's normal, PS3 and Xbox 360 freeze all the time (especially the ps3) it's notmal

It's not normal. I've had my PS3 and Xbox since launch and neither of them have ever had that problem.

#20 Manny T. Starr

Manny T. Starr

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, LoZ, Pokemon

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

I really don't see how accidental occurrences such as freezing in video game consoles can be considered "normal". Dude... it's not supposed to happen. Which is essentially the definition of 'normal'. Just sayin'. =/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!