Photo

Gamestop screwed my Wii U preorder over!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Gamestop messed up again. I preordered the Deluxe bundle and when I went to get my Wii U they had me down under basic. This wasnt the first time they screwed up with me. Im preordering from Hastings videostore from now on. Has anyone else had problems with Gamestop also?

Signature_DK.png

#2 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

In Canada, GameStop (EB Games here) didn't get enough units to fulfill pre-orders. Rather than organize by when people preordered, they decided to do a line-up for people who pre-ordered. I was okay, but some people in line who had pre-ordered in September were beaten out by people who had only pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago. Not the right way to do it.

Eggplante!com
video games, music, movies, concerts, photography
…and more!

#3 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

That sucks bad. Gamestop is always screwing something up. That's kind of an unacceptable mistake though. If you had your receipt and it said Deluxe on it you could prove that is what you had. Then they can't say nothing about it.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#4 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

They messed up mines too. I just went to another store and got the deluxe. I'm done with their BS

#5 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

They messed up mines too. I just went to another store and got the deluxe. I'm done with their BS

They need to get their system together. It's very unfair to you guys. I would not stand for that. I would cause such a huge scene in that store if something like that happened to me. Especially for something as big as a newly launched system.
zZJ9pHB.png

#6 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

They need to get their system together. It's very unfair to you guys. I would not stand for that. I would cause such a huge scene in that store if something like that happened to me. Especially for something as big as a newly launched system.

They didn't even refund the $50 -_________________-

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Are you serious? Man, that company has some seriously big issues.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#8 WiiUgamer

WiiUgamer

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

I'm not sure where u guys live but the GameStop I go, I've never had issues. I missed the initial pre order because I was in Mexico. I was put on the waiting list that required no deposit. I was able to pre order two at Target so I kept one and sold one. Then on the day after launch GameStop called and they got to me on the wait list, so I went and bought that one too. I exclusively go there because they are very good

#9 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Are you serious? Man, that company has some seriously big issues.

Yeah, I'm serious about that.

#10 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

They are also extremely innacurate about release dates too. Plus they will steer you wrong to make a buck. Not to mention their trade-ins suck.

Signature_DK.png

#11 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Well if you got the Basic it wouldn't matter whether they gave you the 50 back or not. That fifty would just be used toward the system. Now if you paid 350 and didn't get fifty back then that is messed up.
zZJ9pHB.png

#12 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Well if you got the Basic it wouldn't matter whether they gave you the 50 back or not. That fifty would just be used toward the system. Now if you paid 350 and didn't get fifty back then that is messed up.

I didn't get the Basic. I got Deluxe from another store, and Gamestop said they didn't have me on the Preorder list and didn't refund me back. Also, I got the Deluxe from another store.

#13 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I didn't get the Basic. I got Deluxe from another store, and Gamestop said they didn't have me on the Preorder list and didn't refund me back. Also, I got the Deluxe from another store.

Did you have a receipt to show them?
zZJ9pHB.png

#14 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Did you have a receipt to show them?

Yup.

#15 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Yup.

That really is bull. They should have given it to you. I have gotten pre-order returns before. You should try and fight it again. That's fifty bucks man. Gamestop is so not good. This is exactly why I don't deal with them anymore.
zZJ9pHB.png

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

So sorry for you dude :(

#17 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Yeah, Gamestop doesn't really care about its customers. They had Wii U's yesterday on hold for people on the waiting list, but I went there and picked up a Deluxe without being on the list. The guy basically said "first come, first serve." I'd be upset if I had reserved something only to find out that someone walked in and took it. But oh well, I had that chance and took it.

#18 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, Gamestop doesn't really care about its customers. They had Wii U's yesterday on hold for people on the waiting list, but I went there and picked up a Deluxe without being on the list. The guy basically said "first come, first serve." I'd be upset if I had reserved something only to find out that someone walked in and took it. But oh well, I had that chance and took it.

Maybe playing Devil's advocate a bit, but IIRC you don't even put money down to be on the wait list. I thought of it as more of a notification system. Seems like first come first serve is the best way to handle it once they fulfil preorders, as there's no incentive for wait list people to actually buy the consoles at GameStop.
Posted Image

#19 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

We have them under 'EB Games' here in Aus. They're fine from what I see. It seems like only GameStop America gets the complaints; at least, that's what I see online.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#20 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Yup.

If they haven't refunded you yet and you have your receipt, you can cause some commotion and make some calls. That is a HUGE issue because they are denying money you have proof of bad transaction for. Pre-Order doesn't guarantee the item, by the way. They work off of first come first serve. Either way, they screwed up BIG time. Fight for your money!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!