Photo

So for the final time I have to ask, should I get rid of my PS Vita?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: So for the final time I have to ask, should I get rid of my PS Vita? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I get rid of my PS Vita?

1. Yes. (20 votes [52.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. Voted No. (18 votes [47.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I would not be asking other people to decide whether or not you should keep your Vita. Playstation Plus alone is a very good reason to keep it. That is, if you have PS+. There are exclusives on the Vita that you can not get anywhere else. Personally, I would keep it so I would not miss out on any good games. But this your device, and it is your decision to make.

Decision already made.

#22 Guest_Lone_Gamer_*

Guest_Lone_Gamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Decide for yourself. We don't know what is more important to you.

One of the most intelligent comment's I've seen all day, hats off to you sir.

Edited by Lone_Gamer, 03 December 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#23 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Decision already made.

Which was to?

#24 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Which was to?

Traded my PS Vita in to get a Halo 4 setup and Madden 13 Wii U. Whether that was a good decision or not, it's a done deal.

#25 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Traded my PS Vita in to get a Halo 4 setup and Madden 13 Wii U. Whether that was a good decision or not, it's a done deal.

Does it feel like you made a good decision? I am honestly just curious, and others may read this which could help them with their similar decision.

Edited by Lethal, 03 December 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#26 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Does it feel like you made a good decision?

Yes. Although I did make an even better decision later, and that was buying Scribblenauts Unlimited Wii U.

#27 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

I don't think it will be long before Sony integrate the Vita into the PS3 to compete with the WiiU controls. Personally, I'd be all over it due to the capacitive touch screen so it would be the better pad. Even though my PS3 has been in it's box for the last 2 years, I would possibly dig it out to see how it would work.

So my two pence, even though too late, if you have a PS3 I'd consider keeping it for my above reason.

#28 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

blasphemy!!!
Posted Image

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

The PSV is a gimmick.
It's got all this "POWER", yet nothing uses it well.
I say burn it and spare someone else the hassle of this choice in the future.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

The PSV is a gimmick.
It's got all this "POWER", yet nothing uses it well.
I say burn it and spare someone else the hassle of this choice in the future.

Your kidding me right?

So being "power" is a gimmick for the vita?

I'll ask and im sure you going to lie but have you even played a Vita before?

***Disclaimer I dont currently own a vita but ive been damn impressed by it and may get one anyday now***
Posted Image

#31 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

Your kidding me right?

So being "power" is a gimmick for the vita?

I'll ask and im sure you going to lie but have you even played a Vita before?

***Disclaimer I dont currently own a vita but ive been damn impressed by it and may get one anyday now***

I agree with you but chill, he might have been talking about the lack of games which I agree with. Also, I have played the PS VIta a lot before selling it. If you want, I can PM you the basics and what games to buy.

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

It has no games.
As OP said, it's a browser.
I has one on my PC, phone and upad.
I'm set for web browsers.

Cod looks garbage, like the console and pc versions do, but worse.
LBP, better on console.
Where are all the Mario games?!

And even if I never played a PSV, is there a reason I'd have to?
What does the console have that would require me to play it?
I can see the graphics from a web browser.
It has some good games that use motion and touch, but I can get those elsewhere.
Innovate a little, give people a reason to have to play the console that isn't based on having "POWER" in your pocket.
It'll never be as powerful as a home console so you lose straight away.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

And even if I never played a PSV, is there a reason I'd have to?
What does the console have that would require me to play it?

I agree with almost all of your post except this short bit in which I'll answer your questions.

1. It has Gravity Rush, which is an exclusive.
2. It has Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, which is like that PS3 Disgaea 3 with a bunch of DLC.

#34 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

I own a Vita and despite liking Gravity Rush, it is a highly overrated game. PS Vita owners are so starved for games that they cling to any exclusive decent Vita game, making it seem like it's the best thing ever. If more AAA exclusive games were made for it, no one would've even bat an eyelash to Gravity Rush. As for Disgaea, never played it, so have no opinion.

Edited by Gaymer, 04 December 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#35 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

I own a Vita and despite liking Gravity Rush, it is a highly overrated game. PS Vita owners are so starved for games that they cling to any exclusive decent Vita game, making it seem like it's the best thing ever. If more AAA exclusive games were made for it, no one would've even bat an eyelash to Gravity Rush. As for Disgaea, never played it, so have no opinion.

So long as you like strategy RPGs, it's better than Gravity Rush. The humor is also decent.

#36 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

lets put this in perspective. This is the FIRST hand held console with 2 joysticks which for gameplay its pretty awesome. its always the most powerful portable console to date, front and back touch screen so hardware wise this is an impressive piece of tech period.

What is hurting the vita at the moment IS content because alot of the content on the vita i can play on my PS3 right now Vita needs more exclusive content for it to contend just like the 3ds needed it before it got Mario 3d land and Mario Kart 7 (and price cut) Thats when i got my 3ds when those games released.

The ONLY reason i havent gotten a Vita is cause of content hopefully sony gets it right soon. If you want to play console quality games on the go then the vita is a great choice.
Posted Image

#37 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

The ONLY reason i havent gotten a Vita is cause of content hopefully sony gets it right soon. If you want to play console quality games on the go then the vita is a great choice.

The PS Vita was good when the PS3 and 360 were the leading technology, but now that they have the Wii U, I'd just buy that or if you already have one, save the money for some games for it. The PS Vita was cool for awhile because of its power advantage but the 3DS will beat it on library and power can outdate, so you can't live off of that.

#38 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

The only reason Vita isn't selling is because of content and high entry price. They fix that and offer some great bundles then Vita can make a push
Posted Image

#39 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Bundles rarely make a dent.
Lower price as standard would shift a lot more units.
But they can't afford that because of how expensive the "POWER" is.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#40 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Bundles rarely make a dent.
Lower price as standard would shift a lot more units.
But they can't afford that because of how expensive the "POWER" is.

Ive been keeping an eye on sales of the vita on a weekly basis and bundles how drastically helped move units in japan last month in the 1 week it sold 50k alone because of a bundle package. this whole "power" gimmick you refer to has no substance at all because thats not what is keeping it from selling.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!